Northern California dealership discussion

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turning your Bronco buy into a family visit is one thing, but there is no deal granger can offer that allows you to save money if you live in California. Buy the time you calculate traveling expenses and extra DMV stuff, you will probably lose money.

There is a post somewhere on this forum from a person who did the whole DMV thing... you might see if you can find it.. some great info.
This is wrong. Unless you get xplan pin.

On a $50k Bronco Msrp to invoice will be over $1500. Plus the $500 to $1k($2k-$2.5k total savings)below invoice pricing in the Midwest you’re still $1k ahead after you $1k in expenses.

People buy out of state all the time dmv is not that hard.
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is wrong. Unless you get xplan pin.

On a $50k Bronco Msrp to invoice will be over $1500. Plus the $500 to $1k($2k-$2.5k total savings)below invoice pricing in the Midwest you’re still $1k ahead after you $1k in expenses.

People buy out of state all the time dmv is not that hard.
We can already get invoice pricing in Calif w/X-Plan......the $1,300 savings with Granger on top of that is quickly reduced by a 1 way plane ticket for 2 to Des Moines and the cost to drive home. As a vacation oriented expense it can be very well worthwhile but if the simple goal is to fly, buy, and drive home as quickly as possible, its not worth the minimal savings. A Calif smog certificate also adds another $50 to the cost along with the pain of dealing with the DMV to pay sales taxes and registration fees to get Calif plates. On top of that, if you need to finance, Ford Motor Credit is the only game in town, which could be good....or bad.

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can already get invoice pricing in Calif w/X-Plan......the $1,300 savings with Granger on top of that is quickly reduced by a 1 way plane ticket for 2 to Des Moines and the cost to drive home. As a vacation oriented expense it can be very well worthwhile but if the simple goal is to fly, buy, and drive home as quickly as possible, its not worth the minimal savings. A Calif smog certificate also adds another $50 to the cost along with the pain of dealing with the DMV to pay sales taxes and registration fees to get Calif plates. On top of that, if you need to finance, Ford Motor Credit is the only game in town, which could be good....or bad.
I was quote by my Ford Dealership the the Bronco would be $450 above invoice....with X-Plan. In reality this means they are not truly honoring the X-Plan. This is what got me thinking to take a trip out to see family and save some $$$, Granger also quuoted me a decent shipping price that would still end up saving me $$ if I would want o go that route as well. DMV is a hassle BUT you can get most of it done at your local TripleA if you are a member, I never go into the DMV anymore (except to get my F'n real ID) always go to Triple A.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you get your xplan? Ford is not handing out 200k xplan PIN numbers. Some will not be able to get one.

Last edited:

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where do you get your xplan? Ford is not handing out 200k xplan PIN numbers. Some will not be able to get one.
You need to join Mustang Club of America, which will cost you $25 for the year and need to be a member for 60 days to get your pin. Current membership is only by mail as they have disabled the website.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was quote by my Ford Dealership the the Bronco would be $450 above invoice....with X-Plan. In reality this means they are not truly honoring the X-Plan. This is what got me thinking to take a trip out to see family and save some $$$, Granger also quuoted me a decent shipping price that would still end up saving me $$ if I would want o go that route as well. DMV is a hassle BUT you can get most of it done at your local TripleA if you are a member, I never go into the DMV anymore (except to get my F'n real ID) always go to Triple A.
X-Plan is a single non-negotiable pricing mechanism for eligible buyers. The pricing is based on a 0.04% discount off INVOICE which includes options (about $160-$200) and a $275 admin fee. In Calif Doc fees are $85 but in other states, X-Plan limits the Doc Fees to $100. The dealer is also required to fill out a specific sheet that documents pricing in order to be transparent about the purchase pricing calculations.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I have my Black diamond reserved with them and am considering switching to Future ford in Roseville...
I selected Future Roseville and so far things seem to check out. I would have liked to see a better proactiveness on their part, but they have stated yes xplan, no adm.

In either case, just wait until pricing comes out and you have hard numbers to talk with. Then compare dealers and switch just once before the Oct 31 deadline.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let zconner's post be a word of caution to everyone. X Plan pricing is a non negotiable cost. If you're Dealer says they honor X Plan, but then add or change anything that doesn't comply with Ford's straight forward X Plan pricing... Transfer your reservation to another dealership. Do your homework. Remember you can only transfer your reservation once. If you have an X Plan PIN and your Dealership told you they will honor X Plan, and then try's to pull some crap? Contact Ford.

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've mentioned this a few times around the forum but if you buy 100 shares of F now, you'll have your eligibility by the time of purchase. And I don't mean it to sound dickish but if you don't have $700 to spare or if you think F is going to tank, you probably shouldn't be going in on a brand new truck from them.

$25 isn't bad at all for the mustang thing, just seems like a bit of hassle to me.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I selected Future Roseville and so far things seem to check out. I would have liked to see a better proactiveness on their part, but they have stated yes xplan, no adm.

In either case, just wait until pricing comes out and you have hard numbers to talk with. Then compare dealers and switch just once before the Oct 31 deadline.
That's interestig about FutureFord Roseville accepting X-Plan.....someone else stated they wouldn't. It's of interest to me as I have no idea of the stance of Future Ford in Clovis......they never replied to my email requesting their participation

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've mentioned this a few times around the forum but if you buy 100 shares of F now, you'll have your eligibility by the time of purchase. And I don't mean it to sound dickish but if you don't have $700 to spare or if you think F is going to tank, you probably shouldn't be going in on a brand new truck from them.

$25 isn't bad at all for the mustang thing, just seems like a bit of hassle to me.
Buying Ford stock now won't work as you need to have your shares for at least 6 months. You'll need to be eligible at order time as that is when you lock in your pricing. MCA only needs 60 days to become eligible.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But does AAA issue plates? I'm also a AAA member and I know they do have some limitations on what they can do.

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The company I work for has a partnership that allows me to utilize the X-Plan.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to join Mustang Club of America, which will cost you $25 for the year and need to be a member for 60 days to get your pin. Current membership is only by mail as they have disabled the website.
I joined MCA a few weeks ago and signed into the MCA website last night. I haven't had any issues joining or signing into the MCA website.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have to re-register the vehicle when you get to CA?
If you're a CA resident, you're going to have to register and pay taxes on the vehicle in CA.

@bronco38 I believe that dealership is incorrect. As Mike Levine tweeted, its eligible. I've confirmed with Walnut Creek and Marin Ford that X-Plan pricing can be used on the Broncos.
I doubt most dealers are paying as close attention to Bronco-related Twitter as we are. They probably have not received official communication regarding X-plan on Bronco yet. Based on the tweet, we can be confident they will at some point. So the better question for the dealer is if they will honor X-plan once Ford makes it official (plenty of dealer have already confirmed they will).
Sponsored