Sponsored

Not a bash poll more of opinion poll on do I buy my Bronco knowing about the 2.7 Motor issues?

Buy my new ordered Bronco with the 2.7 motor built late December or don’t buy her?

• Total voters

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am on the fence should I or shouldn’t I take my forever wait ordered Bronco. And this is not a thread to bash the Bronco its just an honest opinion of those here. And thanks for participating and being cordial😁
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why not? That "known issue" that the forum likes to inflate is a non issue to me, I'm over 3k miles of fun on my 2.7 and will continue having fun with it until it fails, hopefully not for a long time, but on the other hand, while under warranty I'd get a new one, LOL.

Buy, drive it, deal with crap if crap happens. No need for doubts or paranoia, life's too short and the Bronco is too much fun :)

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2.7 and love it. Bought the extended warranty more for the other items than the engine. I have owned many fords only had one engine problem with my 2016 f250 6.2L dropped a valve @ 70,000 miles.
I was lucky all they had to do is replace the head on that side and I traded it in on a 2019 250.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

go
go hard

I've got a 2.7 in that range, I'm concerned but not worried

The overall percentage is low

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does have a warranty for a reason. It’s a hassle but would not stop me from buying the Bronco.

If mine needs an engine, ford will put another one in and I’ll be driving again in a few weeks/months.

I worry more about other things that can’t be fixed as easily as a motor swap.

What if there are aggravating rattles I can’t track down, my butt finds the seats uncomfortable, it does not off-road as well as my past Rubicons and I spend big money on early untested aftermarket parts, or the worst…

What if my wife loves it and I lose it to her only to have to wait for a 2nd one that is another year or two away.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I figure, by the time mine comes in at the end of 2022, if I'm lucky, they will have the issue sorted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn impressive so far those supporting the Bronco and that’s a hell of a statement😎

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you take all the 2.7's that don't have a problem then factor in all the 2.7's that do. You're probably at like .137 % chance it will fail. I say go for it!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You’re overthinking it.

2.7 owner here. Though some concern is warranted and I’d like to see some acknowledgement from Ford, I’m not paranoid about it. You can’t live life that way. It’s too short.

Buy the damn Bronco. 👍🏻

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Until I know the full scope of the issue from a statistically significant context as opposed to random anecdotal stories, I have no way of drawing any conclusions about the 2.7, good or bad, nor does anyone else. I am hoping for the best and am prepared-through an extended service plan-for the worst. Time will tell, but for now, it is all pure speculation both good and bad.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless you hunt for a unit on a lot, chances are very slim that an affected engine from last June/July would find its way into a unit built in calendar year 2022.

That being said, I have no clue what date my engine was built (yes I will look at some point) but now have 8500 trouble free miles .

You can spend money on an extended warranty OR

Lease for 3 years, same length as factory warranty, then buy as a certified pre-owned with extended warranty from then on.

Or BUY from a dealer that offers a "forever warranty", yes the price is built ito the deal somewhere but it is different than buying a warranty from a third party since everything is handled by the dealer
Sponsored