Sponsored

Not a bash poll more of opinion poll on do I buy my Bronco knowing about the 2.7 Motor issues?

Buy my new ordered Bronco with the 2.7 motor built late December or don’t buy her?

• Total voters

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my Badlands with the 2.7 since November 10th. Been driving her daily on and off road.Just turned 6100 miles with no issues. She may blow tomorrow but still under warranty.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ice Age

Buy, drive it, deal with crap if crap happens. No need for doubts or paranoia, life's too short and the Bronco is too much fun :)
The above pretty much sums up my opinion also... BUT ... if it will be your daily driver and you have no reliable back up, that may muddy things up a bit.

A bad motor is a far cry from the MIC issues that held mine up for 2.5 months AFTER it was built, but all I wanted was the Bronco N.O.W!!! and would have happliy dealt with the issues later.

However, if it had meant relying on the 1986 military K30 truck for a few more months, I may have just scrapped the whole idea and bought a F250.
I sold the perfectly reliable Subaru around my build time and figured I would make do with the K30 for a month or two .... turned into 5 or more.

It sucked, LOL. Drive it for 3 hours, fix it for 3 hours.

It sucks that you are going to buy a brand new vehicle and need to worry if you have a back up car.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Ice Age

The above pretty much sums up my opinion also... BUT ... if it will be your daily driver and you have no reliable back up, that may muddy things up a bit.

A bad motor is a far cry from the MIC issues that held mine up for 2.5 months AFTER it was built, but all I wanted was the Bronco N.O.W!!! and would have happliy dealt with the issues later.

However, if it had meant relying on the 1986 military K30 truck for a few more months, I may have just scrapped the whole idea and bought a F250.
I sold the perfectly reliable Subaru around my build time and figured I would make do with the K30 for a month or two .... turned into 5 or more.

It sucked, LOL. Drive it for 3 hours, fix it for 3 hours.

It sucks that you are going to buy a brand new vehicle and need to worry if you have a back up car.
Thanks for the concerns and not a DD but I will definitely drive her.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the concerns and not a DD but I will definitely drive her.
LOL, now i see your sig. If you still own all of those, I think you have back ups for your back ups!

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the valve issue on the 2.7 figured out? Wasn't it a bad batch of valves from the supplier? I will look for the thread it was mentioned in.

I wouldn't be worried. 😆

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy it, I'm not worried about my 2.7, if something happens it has a warranty. May have a different feeling if I didn't have multiple vehicles, maybe.

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
there are many other things in this world to worry about-- so don't add another. When Ford actually puts something out about failed 2.7's (like a TSB) then you will know that it is a real problem or a small isolated batch.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many 2.7 motors have there really been blown .one person post about something that went wrong with there Bronco and everyone acts like that well happen to ever Bronco, they all not going be winners. I am sure ever car manufacturer as a new engine blown in there vehicle also some times .

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that you let a few problems reported on a forum make you scared of an engine shows that this forum has turned into an emotional echo chamber.

(All the emotional haters who get mad that I said that, just calm down. I will not engage with temper tantrums.)

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You get on planes (I assume) knowing they could, and have, crashed...
Law of averages says you'll be OK.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

been waiting 5 months not going to jump to back of line now, besides

• bumper to bumper warranty: 36 months/36,000miles
  • Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60,000miles
  • Roadside assistance coverage: 36 months/36,000miles
if its going to blow its going to do it in the first 36k, and I think this type of thing happens on all new cars and trucks just check out https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and look up any year vehicle and complaints

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many 2.7 motors have there really been blown .one person post about something that went wrong with there Bronco and everyone acts like that well happen to ever Bronco, they all not going be winners. I am sure ever car manufacturer as a new engine blown in there vehicle also some times .
So far 25 have blown on this forum.
Sponsored