Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra 3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today I bought a bronco from my local dealer which is West Motor Ford in Preston Idaho! It is a big bend Antimatter Blue 2.3 10 speed. I am an early day 2 reservation holder anxiously waiting for mine to be built. While talking with the dealer about a month ago they told me they were getting this one in to sell and I asked if I could purchase it (I had always wished I reserved two) while I wait for my order they said yes. We didn't talk about price or nothing. So today when I went to pick it up I was a bit anxious on what the price would ultimately be based on all the stories I have red on forums View attachment 173028 etc. Keep in mind my dealer still hasn't received there demo so I wasn't even sure if they would still sell it to me. However they kept there word and sold it to me and even sold it to me at MSRP not a dime more. I just wanted to give West Motor Ford in Preston Idaho(hometown of Nepolean Dynamite) in particular Dave Porter CEO and Shawn Marlow Salesman a shoutout and let people know there are still dealerships that go above and beyond.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kameron43

Kameron43

Black Diamond
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra 3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A sad comment on the car dealer profession as a whole that keeping their word and selling a product at the price on the tag rises to the level of 'going above and beyond' to some folks.

OP
OP
Kameron43

Kameron43

Black Diamond
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra 3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A sad comment on the car dealer profession as a whole that keeping their word and selling a product at the price on the tag rises to the level of 'going above and beyond' to some folks.
This was not a bronco I had reserved this was one that they were receiving to sell and we all know someone would’ve paid over MSRP to buy it but they never even tried that!

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you imagine if Ford just sold direct to customers like newer electric car companies are doing? Cut out the middle man completely. Prices would be lower and satisfaction higher. Or maybe prices would be the same as they’d need to maintain physical presence to show off vehicles. But either way, I wish we weren’t still propping up this archaic sales model just to keep dealerships from imploding.

Sponsored

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading some of these stories - I am terrified I am going to get into the dealership and even having emails and posts here on 6G that they will sell it to me for 1K under MSRP - that the price is now 10K or more over MSRP. I have a VIN in hand - but if I cannot get a formal purchase order signed this week (they have been really disinterested in signing one for me at the 1K under) - I will just cancel the order (honestly, I don't know if they will even do that at this late in the process). Just hopeful none of these stories of reservation holders getting screwed over are true.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer just sold one at MSRP (dropped order, they even delivered it some 90 miles away) and I'm getting x-plan even though Ford doesn't offer it on the Bronco, could not be happier so far. Mine is on the way here right now, so by end of this month or early October I'll know, but I trust them 100% to honor the price they sent me by e-mail. Only times I ever talked to my sales guy was small talk when the two Broncos came for a show and tell and recently when I took their mannequin for a test drive. Never even set foot into their building yet. Just the way I like it, very happy so far.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you imagine if Ford just sold direct to customers like newer electric car companies are doing? Cut out the middle man completely. Prices would be lower and satisfaction higher. Or maybe prices would be the same as they’d need to maintain physical presence to show off vehicles. But either way, I wish we weren’t still propping up this archaic sales model just to keep dealerships from imploding.
so were do people take there electric cars for warranty work if there no dealers.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was not a bronco I had reserved this was one that they were receiving to sell and we all know someone would’ve paid over MSRP to buy it but they never even tried that!
yes, I fully understood the situation, you bought one and kept your reservation conversion order for your actual order. You simply highlight that my point still stands that it is a damning commentary on the profession as a whole that a dealer who doesn't charge over the sticker price (no different than charging more than the listed price on water bottles during an emergency weather event in my opinion), even if it is legal, is somehow deserving of near sainthood for not trying to gouge someone.

The assumption you make is that gouging is normal and anything less than that is heroic and commendable act. Just sad that it is your/and many others expectations. Not a slur against you or those that agree with you, it is a comment on the auto dealers as a whole having such a reputation.

Look at Granger and Stephens, there is no shortage of people who will insist there is a catch, that they will screw the end customer in some way, they cannot fathom someone not taking an advantage if they have it available, not pressing it to the maximum gain. While some might argue that is a case of projection of the doubters choices in life themselves, it seems especially aimed at dealers. Immediate and lasting distrust, well earned in many cases to be sure, perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy as those same folks would no doubt cheat a dealer over if they could and rationalize it as deserved, even rightous.

Last edited:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes, I fully understood the situation, you bought one and kept your reservation conversion order for your actual order. You simply highlight that my point still stands that it is a damning commentary on the profession as a whole that a dealer who doesn't charge over the sticker price (no different than charging more than the listed price on water bottles during an emergency weather event in my opinion), even if it is legal, is somehow deserving of near sainthood for not trying to gouge someone.

The assumption you make is that gouging is normal and anything less than that is heroic and commendable act. Just sad that it is your/and many others expectations. Not a slur against you or those that agree with you, it is a comment on the auto dealers as a whole having such a reputation.

Look at Granger and Stephens, there is no shortage of people who will insist there is a catch, that they will screw the end customer in some way, they cannot fathom someone not taking an advantage if they have it available, not pressing it to the maximum gain. While some might argue that is a case of projection of the doubters choices in life themselves, it seems especially aimed at dealers. Immediate and lasting distrust, well earned in many cases to be sure, perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy as those same folks would no doubt cheat a dealer over if they could and rationalize it as deserved, even rightous.
You really just compared charging more than the listed price of water bottles during an emergency weather event to a new 4x4 few if anyone actually needs.

I was just going to post a picture of the Soviet Union's flag but that ridiculousness you just spewed deserved to be called out, comrade.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have a good dealer you are very lucky. My dealer is so bad regarding communication I am opting completely out. I had a day 2 early AM reservation. Although it was for the troublesome 2 door Basesquatch. Probably good as I'll bet they would have had a high ADM anyway and who knows when I would have got it- late 2022, 2023.......

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so were do people take there electric cars for warranty work if there no dealers.
To the manufacturer. They still maintain showrooms and service centers. They are just corporate locations, not independent dealers. So they still control the pricing and quality of the work being done.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s weird seeing several people in this thread planning to cancel without their dealer even doing anything wrong yet. What’s the harm in holding? Even if your order takes another year, just keep the order open. Best case, your dealer concerns were all in your head and they surprise you with MSRP or better and some freebies for the delay. Worst case, you back out before the sale.

Keep in mind, we hear about the few negative stories versus the many MANY normal situations, because people don’t post their positive news.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After reading some of these stories - I am terrified I am going to get into the dealership and even having emails and posts here on 6G that they will sell it to me for 1K under MSRP - that the price is now 10K or more over MSRP. I have a VIN in hand - but if I cannot get a formal purchase order signed this week (they have been really disinterested in signing one for me at the 1K under) - I will just cancel the order (honestly, I don't know if they will even do that at this late in the process). Just hopeful none of these stories of reservation holders getting screwed over are true.
I have yet to talk price with my dealer and my Bronco is built awaiting convoy. They are a small-town outfit that has been around but due to distance and my propensity for other brands in the past just not on my radar until the reservation program last year. I do not expect to pay more than MSRP but mostly because I plan on leasing. When dealer invoice is a known commodity $500 over invoice to the dealer is still a good offer on most vehicles, just maybe not on a new model in high demand, but if the only option were a $10,000 premium on my $55,000 Bronco or a basic Land Rover Defender at $65,000, it would be my second LR being delivered.
Sponsored