Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 'we'll build more or less by reservation number' and dealer allocation is going to be interesting to see. If a dealer has 1000 reservations but say a yearly allocation of 500, how will that play out? My uneducated guess would be that if I were to transfer to Granger or similar now I'd be waiting a good long time to get my ride, because what ever gets built will have to be spread across all dealers in some workable fashion. Just because they offer the best deal can't really mean that Joe in Maine will have to wait 3 years because they stick with their local dealer.
Plus how many sales/deliveries can a dealer logistically process per day/week/month? How many can be trucked there and prepped for sale? Would be interesting to learn more about the logistics.
I'm sticking with my local dealer unless they get screwy, which I doubt. I'm not flying anywhere for a bit of savings, travel cost and the pretty much required road trip through areas I'd never visit (though they might be pretty, who knows?) is not worth it to me. My local dealer has pretty good reviews, I never owned a Ford and don't know them, but hope they'll be as decent as the reviews make them sound.

So far no cold feet here, I have a rough idea where I'll end up in price, if B&P comes as a bad surprise I'll have to look for something else. Not ready to compromise on features I want, but also not ready to spend thousands more, it's already going to be the most expensive vehicle I ever bought already.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 'we'll build more or less by reservation number' and dealer allocation is going to be interesting to see. If a dealer has 1000 reservations but say a yearly allocation of 500, how will that play out? My uneducated guess would be that if I were to transfer to Granger or similar now I'd be waiting a good long time to get my ride, because what ever gets built will have to be spread across all dealers in some workable fashion. Just because they offer the best deal can't really mean that Joe in Maine will have to wait 3 years because they stick with their local dealer.
Plus how many sales/deliveries can a dealer logistically process per day/week/month? How many can be trucked there and prepped for sale? Would be interesting to learn more about the logistics.
I'm sticking with my local dealer unless they get screwy, which I doubt. I'm not flying anywhere for a bit of savings, travel cost and the pretty much required road trip through areas I'd never visit (though they might be pretty, who knows?) is not worth it to me. My local dealer has pretty good reviews, I never owned a Ford and don't know them, but hope they'll be as decent as the reviews make them sound.

So far no cold feet here, I have a rough idea where I'll end up in price, if B&P comes as a bad surprise I'll have to look for something else. Not ready to compromise on features I want, but also not ready to spend thousands more, it's already going to be the most expensive vehicle I ever bought already.
One would assume that allocation won't matter for reservations, otherwise there would have been a limit when selecting dealers

john.noonan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like a lot of drama here. I am as excited about the Bronco right now as I was when I made my reservation. They are not that late on build and price, and I don't understand why anyone would expect huge discounts on a vehicle that is generating as much hype as the Bronco is. My only sincere hope on pricing is that my dealer doesn't inflate the price. I live in Des Moines and have thought about switching to Granger, but I haven't yet and don't know if I will.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure, I don't have enough time to look now, but somewhere the 'formula' was posted for allocations but I could not quite follow the logic of what was posted there. Reservations played something like a 50% influence on what they get in the end? But that doesn't mean they get only half the reservations or all or none of them, dealer size, local competition, some other things played a roll too in the final number they'll get from what I remember. Some clarification from Granger and others would be welcome there, but they probably don't know yet either.
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have read the statements. There is NO WAY Ford will not deliver a reserved vehicle that is turned into an actual order.
Does someone have links for these documents? I'm interested in reading. I am thinking of changing to Stephens. But this has me a bit nervous. I'm within the first 3 days. I didn't know this could be a problem. I just figured Ford will deliver based on time stamp. Not dealer allocation...

The info would be appreciated!

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will say the dealership that I mentioned earlier about no ADM said this release is an absolute shit show. He said no one knows how it's going to go at this point and in no way organized enough for the amount of pre-orders for it to go smoothly at all.

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good thing Covid is out there to blame it on! (Now where'd I put my anti-cynicism pills . . . ?)

Slide

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx570
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say the dealership that I mentioned earlier about no ADM said this release is an absolute shit show. He said no one knows how it's going to go at this point and in no way organized enough for the amount of pre-orders for it to go smoothly at all.
Wait till people start wanting to change dealers by the thousands and the call center gets so totally overwhelmed that the entire process crashes.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is why many of us are doing Granger/Stephens. X-plan only saves an additional $300. If these new changes stick, more ppl will be going there. With no X-plan, dealers can pretty much charge what they want
Its been said in other threads that the dealers are being instructed to not charge over MSRP. To me, this makes sense and would be in line with not accepting X-plan. While that does suck, at least we won't get further screwed with price gouging.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I’m going this route after first of year.

8D5F4CC1-EADE-4D01-ACF5-06964DEE46F8.jpeg

Maybe out of a job depending on election outcome (I sell firearms). I can revisit the Bronco in year 2 or three. I’ll still be here talking shit, but spending a lot of time at Ranger5g forums now. Also waiting to see new Frontier (6 cylinders, no turbo and I’m still going strong at 208k on my 2010 Fronty)
Hang tight and get a base Bronco as cheap as you can. The Ranger is changing body styles as you know and price is going to go way down.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This guy knows!
YES!! I am glad someone else on the planet saw that video. Every time I hear the dryer start I want to pick up my guitar. Mine isn't nearly that bad....yet.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Problem with Rivian in the first couple of years or even more after the initial launch will be lack of super charging network, with out a super charging network EVs are very restrictive for road trips .

At least for me Rivian is too big for lot off-road trails around here in Colorado.
I'm down with an electric urban car, it would get a lot of usage in my household, and range would not be an issue. (Once the prices come closer to econo gasoline car equivalents.)

But no way at this point to an electric 4x4. I used to live in Fort Collins, and a typical trip up Poudre Canyon, to Steamboat and back around through RMNP to home, is around 339 miles. And that doesn't include the energy expending time spent off-roading in the canyon and some other areas.

Those are not flat-land fuel efficient miles. Maybe I'm fingers crossed getting to Steamboat, and waiting around hopefully for a charge. Some day with increased range, electric 4x4 will be the GOAT. But now it's mainly for those who will drive their 4x4s mostly on pavement like a car.

Even worse - now I have to drive from Chicagland. Why oh why did I leave beautiful Colorado. :(

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is directed at the small but growing number of people moaning about their list of complaints and perceived injustices related to the Bronco rollout.

What if you never knew the Bronco was coming? What if a dozen different Broncos just showed up at the local dealership one day, stickers on the window, buy now pay here? Would there have been less agony in waiting? Or would the Internet have blown up complaining that Ford should have given them some heads-up so they could have planned, saved some money for a downpayment, or not just spent a bazillion skeckels on this other shiny toy?

My point is all this angst is almost entirely self-induced. If Ford had never shown a picture, video, or admitted to it's existence, this entire train of self-destructive thought wouldn't be happening. Okay, a couple of things, like not having B&P "on time". They could have said, "B&P will be ready when we have solid numbers from our suppliers and all production contracts finalized". A bad idea to not give a timeframe that was likely to disappoint as it was dependent on third parties at a time when economic and production certainty is not a given? What are the chances that avenue would have been met with a resounding Internet temper tantrum as well?
Sponsored