Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

lonewolf44

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I put a deposit down for a birthday gift to me! Very excited about Bronco! I have been holding out for build and price solely to see what his will cost, I have reserved a BD, would like a BL but honestly BD is way beyond my driving capabilities! With that said, I will build and price and see what my Bronco will cost me!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I put a deposit down for a birthday gift to me! Very excited about Bronco! I have been holding out for build and price solely to see what his will cost, I have reserved a BD, would like a BL but honestly BD is way beyond my driving capabilities! With that said, I will build and price and see what my Bronco will cost me!
I think you'll be fine either way... I certain have feelings about which way I want things to go though...

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

I'm kinda in the same boat. I was hoping I would have had a chance to see it in person. It's going to be hard for me to plop down a considerable amount of money on a vehicle sight unseen. Additionally, I was really hoping for a hybrid option. Jeeps upcoming Wrangler 4xe has me on the fence. I commute 26 miles to work and back, so the 25 miles on all electric would work out nicely. Not to mention the tax credit certainly helps as well. My other option is just to drop my reservation and wait and see if the 2022 model Bronco is hybrid, but I am getting tired of waiting.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm kinda in the same boat. I was hoping I would have had a chance to see it in person. It's going to be hard for me to plop down a considerable amount of money on a vehicle sight unseen. Additionally, I was really hoping for a hybrid option. Jeeps upcoming Wrangler 4xe has me on the fence. I commute 26 miles to work and back, so the 25 miles on all electric would work out nicely. Not to mention the tax credit certainly helps as well. My other option is just to drop my reservation and wait and see if the 2022 model Bronco is hybrid, but I am getting tired of waiting.
The hybrids work really nicely for those at 5000 to 6000 feet above sea level. The instant torque of the electric motor really helps with the power loss at these elevations. The combined hp and torque numbers on the jeep are incredible. I'm hoping the 2.7 twin turbo makes up for it.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm kinda in the same boat. I was hoping I would have had a chance to see it in person. It's going to be hard for me to plop down a considerable amount of money on a vehicle sight unseen......
Just my opinion - Broncos look better in person than they do in pics. Saw the black 2 dr badlands and A51 overland rig. Still iffy on the gray MIC top, but they look stellar other than that.

my feet won’t get cold because of the looks - only if there is a big delay in getting one.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I predict a lot of angry Granger/Stephens reservation holders next year when they find out that those dealers aren't getting enough allocation.
I read somewhere that Ford planned to fill the reservations before allocations to showrooms.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once I have my mind set on something, I typically follow through, plus @ 50k, another grand or 2 doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the OP, keep the faith. The Bronco will be a one of a kind. The only other option in the same abilities and pricing schema is the Wrangler and they are ubiquitous.
I had similar concerns and kinda expected the XPlan rug would be pulled from beneath our feet... as it did... The Bronco is in high demand and Ford has a premature supply issue... at a time when the country is in a panic over a virus....
I hope the Bronco is a hit and stays in high demand for the foreseeable future and avoids the hype and fate of the infamous Ford Thunderbird... I only say that because in my anecdotal surveying I've found that there are two types of people out there.... Those that love the Bronco and placed an order and those that haven't and could carealess about the Bronco...i.e. Outside of us that placed a reservation... is there really that many people excited about the Bronco????
Doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of the Badlands I plan to B&P this weekend...

Cheers.

Deleted member 13702

[/QUOTE[/QUOTE]
Just my opinion - Broncos look better in person than they do in pics. Saw the black 2 dr badlands and A51 overland rig. Still iffy on the gray MIC top, but they look stellar other than that.

my feet won’t get cold because of the looks - only if there is a big delay in getting one.
I'm betting they are beautiful in person, which is why I'm still on the hook ?. I will say that I hope some of the preproduction models they have been building float to different dealerships around the country in the next few weeks so we can crawl around them.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you have legitimate reasons to back out. You spelled it out pretty clearly
The Bronco is not going to be a family friendly vehicle. There are better options including a crew cab F150. Family obligations have kept me from buying a wrangler up to this point but that will change by the time my 2022MY arrives.
Sponsored