Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco is not going to be a family friendly vehicle. There are better options including a crew cab F150. Family obligations have kept me from buying a wrangler up to this point but that will change by the time my 2022MY arrives.
What kind of car does your wife have if you don't mind me asking?
My fiance has a "family friendly vehicle", freeing me up to get the adventurous one
Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco is not going to be a family friendly vehicle. There are better options including a crew cab F150. Family obligations have kept me from buying a wrangler up to this point but that will change by the time my 2022MY arrives.
I suppose that depends on the size of your family, but it's hard to say a 4 dr mid size suv isn't family friendly.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read somewhere that Ford planned to fill the reservations before allocations to showrooms.
Yes, but there is a process for the order of and how many of those reservations are fulfilled at each dealer.

I don't understand why it's not just reservation timestamps, but that would be too easy and make too much sense.

Dealers and the laws that govern them are antiquated and useless.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, so I am truly on the brink with the Bronco at this point. Between the loss of x-plan, the allocation change, the communication woes, etc. It seriously might be the gray top sitting on top of mismatched black trim pieces that is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. I literally hate the way that looks on every color.

I do not hate that it's gray. I hate that it's gray, on top of black, on top of a color, on top of more, but different black. I understand there are supply chain issues, but this would be a 50k+ purchase for me and I don't want to spend that on a vehicle that still looks like a concept/prototype. I just don't have faith this is going to get sorted out until MY22 or maybe even MY23.

So here's where I am. I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat recently to save up for the Bronco. However, I already have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. It's paid off. It has a lifetime warranty on it. I also already have a second set of 18 inch wheels for it so I could swap out the 20s that are on it. My original plan was to put the 18s on it with 32 inch all terrains, throw some skid plates on it and some sliders (maybe a bumper) and just go have fun with a paid off, still warrantied, ORV with a V8 in it.

So, I'm thinking I may just go do that. In the meantime, I'm like, "Well now I could just get a sports car again. No reason not to." Wife has always wanted a Miata and I do like the new RF hard tops. Also really like the Jaguar F Type R, which would be a nice replacement for my Hellcat and on the used market would be no more than this Bronco was going to be, even with an extended warranty.

So... I have made no decision, since I don't have to yet. Just venting that Ford has annoyed me to the point where I might just bail. Go have fun with something else, and then see what these things are like in 2023.

Last edited:

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is why many of us are doing Granger/Stephens. X-plan only saves an additional $300. If these new changes stick, more ppl will be going there. With no X-plan, dealers can pretty much charge what they want
No one can charge “pretty much what they want”; they can only charge at most what people are willing to pay. The Bronco is a beautiful vehicle, but not unique. There is a competitor or two out there (ever heard of the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited?). People might be willing to pay a 5% premium to own a new Bronco; but they aren’t stupid. They’re not going to pay 20% more or 15% more or even 10% more for the same features and benefits and capabilities; especially when they can drive to the lot and take their new Wrangler home today rather than wait a year while their credit is tied up before they see it.

Sponsored

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, so I a truly on the brink with the Bronco at this point. Between the loss of x-plan, the allocation change, the communication woes, etc. It seriously might be the gray top sitting on top of mismatched black trim pieces that is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. I literally hate the way that looks on every color.

I do not hate that it's gray. I hate that it's gray, on top of black, on top of a color, on top of more, but different black. I understand there are supply chain issues, but this would be a 50k+ purchase for me and I don't want to spend that on a vehicle that still looks like a concept/prototype. I just don't have faith this is going to get sorted out until MY22 or maybe even MY23.

So here's where I am. I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat recently to save up for the Bronco. However, I already have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. It's paid off. It has a lifetime warranty on it. I also already have a second set of 18 inch wheels for it so I could swap out the 20s that are on it. My original plan was to put the 18s on it with 32 inch all terrains, throw some skid plates on it and some sliders (maybe a bumper) and just go have fun with a paid off, still warrantied, ORV with a V8 in it.

So, I'm thinking I may just go do that. In the meantime, I'm like, "Well now I could just get a sports car again. No reason not to." Wife has always wanted a Miata and I do like the new RF hard tops. Also really like the Jaguar F Type R, which would be a nice replacement for my Hellcat and on the used market would be no more than this Bronco was going to be, even with an extended warranty.

So... I have made no decision, since I don't have to yet. Just venting that Ford has annoyed me to the point where I might just bail. Go have fun with something else, and then see what these things are like in 2023.
It's literally what my thought process has been the last couple weeks. I'd echo everything you just said, I've been shopping around for various sports cars and looking at the Ranger tremor that should be coming out soon, among other trucks and SUVs. I'm trying not to admit it to myself until December when the ordering starts, but I think in my heart I know I'm not buying a Bronco for the next couple years. I'll give them some time to see if they fix a lot of the issues and when they're not such a hot commodity being marked up I'll re-approach the idea

lonewolf44

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, so I a truly on the brink with the Bronco at this point. Between the loss of x-plan, the allocation change, the communication woes, etc. It seriously might be the gray top sitting on top of mismatched black trim pieces that is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. I literally hate the way that looks on every color.

I have never bought a vehicle like this and frankly it's not turning out like I have been lead to believe! Many can't haves! Many options with must haves, it really is losing it's luster! We all have been exited about Bronco, we all were told so much, but as we go forward I find I am not happy with the results of what I will purchase because it will be filled with compromise and for 50K plus and the wait time! Not really feeling it anymore! Just about to cancel my reservation. I will hold out until mid November to give Ford time to be real and let us build the dream machine we can afford! Just wanted to share! Thank you for your time!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Made the mistake of looking at what paid for my JKUR:
Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. Scan

Then looked at what Broncos and Rubicons cost for the same capability now. Ouch!

Even with inflation we should be at $42000, and I can barely keep it under $50K.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
According to IRS interrogation training, when a person prefaces a statement with a proclamation that they won't tell a lie, the odds of them lying with the next thing they say goes up drastically.

You can also apply this to common usages such as "believe me", "trust me", and the like.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
maybe a Filson.
You'll need to reach out to Filson and custom interior producer, as that has already been declared by Ford, to be just a concept vehicle for marketing purpose, never intended for production.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Made the mistake of looking at what paid for my JKUR:
Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. 3775AE0C-8149-4E65-B877-489AA4E0AB71

Then looked at what Broncos and Rubicons cost for the same capability now. Ouch!

Even with inflation we should be at $42000, and I can barely keep it under $50K.
WTH, Destination Charge $660!!!

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
According to IRS interrogation training, when a person prefaces a statement with a proclamation that they won't tell a lie, the odds of them lying with the next thing they say goes up drastically.

You can also apply this to common usages such as "believe me", "trust me", and the like.
I've noticed that too when I was in sales. The most likely times I would get lied to was "To be honest". Though it was anecdotal, I figured there was something to it.

EDIT: In this case though, "not gonna lie" is a commonly used phrase that is commonly used and I don't think ties to what you are saying quite like yours examples. I'd almost flip it on its head and say the opposite, that it is indeed more truthful.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've flirted with the Wrangler Islander, but it's $8000 more than the Base Bronco for automatic transmission plus the engine upgrade. I've been excited about owning a Bronco for years now. I'm not thrilled with the numerous issues mentioned in this and other threads, but don't have cold feet at all. If I did, I'd buy a pair of Bronco or Sasquatch socks.
Sponsored