Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

First Name
BBQGlazeSeabass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even though I had a rough idea of costs, B&P kinda solidified for me that I'd be paying a whole lot more for a whole lot less. Since I'd probably be primarily a mall crawler with some sand sometimes down south, I am beginning to have reservations about dropping app $50k on what they are offering here. I LOVE the new Bronco but I think the long wait and high cost is weighing on me.
Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even though I had a rough idea of costs, B&P kinda solidified for me that I'd be paying a whole lot more for a whole lot less. Since I'd probably be primarily a mall crawler with some sand sometimes down south, I am beginning to have reservations about dropping app $50k on what they are offering here. I LOVE the new Bronco but I think the long wait and high cost is weighing on me.
I'm having the same issues....I'm actually shocked by the pricing and how B&P just won't let things be affordable. I just checked out brand new 4runners and Tacoma's on Toyota B&P tool, which are my other alternatives, and TBH, it seems like Toyota is actually the cheaper option even brand new?! Plus all the known reliability from Toyota... and existing parts and accessories galore. I can't really believe it actually.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm having the same issues....I'm actually shocked by the pricing and how B&P just won't let things be affordable. I just checked out brand new 4runners and Tacoma's on Toyota B&P tool, which are my other alternatives, and TBH, it seems like Toyota is actually the cheaper option even brand new?! Plus all the known reliability from Toyota... and existing parts and accessories galore. I can't really believe it actually.
Toyota has always been the cheaper and more reliable alternative. Been that way since the 90s if I remember correctly

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m surprised at how affordable it can be based on your choices. If you add up luxury options of course the price goes up it’s where most of the profit is.
I love the Toyota’s I’ve had, very reliable inexpensive to own and easy to repair. With a few exceptions Toyota doesn’t make “fun” vehicles. My Bronco will have me grinning ear to ear at under $38k.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can believe it as the 4Runner is currently on an archaic ten year old platform without Blind Spot or front radar cruise control safety options. It should be cheaper.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those of you saying this vehicle costs too much at over 50k— did you ever consider the fact that optioning what amounts to the best off-road tech you can buy from a mass produced vehicle + all the modern luxury and safety features like 12” screen, leather, heated wheel etc would be rather expensive?

I’m really not understanding the disconnect here, and this isn’t meant to be condescending. What happened to budgeting what you’re comfortable with, and ranking your top priorities and then building to that number?

Seems like a lot of people are going for the Badlands and WT just because they are the top trims. For those wanting more of the creature comforts: consider the OBX. It has an auto trans standard, comes with a higher level features package standard (forget if it’s mid or high) and is significantly less expensive than the badlands or WT. You can always lift it and up the tire size down the line and this vehicle will be more than capable. You likely won’t need to worry about re-gearing if its only gonna see pavement miles.

Why option the stronger front diff, better tcase, suspension, lockers, gear ratio and SBD if you know you’ll hardly ever even see dirt? If you like the look of larger tires you can buy a lift and 33’s/35’s out the door for probably 2k/3k. There, I just saved you $9,000 off the price of your loaded BL/WT.

Lastly, if you compare pricing to Jeeps, a loaded JLUR will run you up to and over 60k. Ford is right on target with this pricing.

Would really hate to see a bunch of people selling these a year from delivery (driving resale down for the rest of us btw) because they bought something that’s too expensive and way more capable than they need, and on top of that isn’t nearly as comfortable to drive as a less expensive vehicle.

My .02

PS: if you’re reading this and can feel your blood pressure rising because you’re going for a loaded model with the intent of going offroad, camping, etc; relax. This wasn’t meant for you. This post is aimed at folks who really don’t know what they need.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m really not understanding the disconnect here, and this isn’t meant to be condescending. What happened to budgeting what you’re comfortable with, and ranking your top priorities and then building to that number?
Yup, that's what I did. I'm likely getting a base but picked and chose my battles as far as options. The more I'm learning about the new Bronco the more excited I am. Even a base will be fine for my realistic intentions (beach with the family, maybe a couple brewskis). Some people just like to complain. I'm happy as hell (and that my wife acquiesced though I think she'll come to like it).

Reactions: RG7

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can believe it as the 4Runner is currently on an archaic ten year old platform without Blind Spot or front radar cruise control safety options. It should be cheaper.
Friend bought the TRD Pro for $55k and he is clearly struggling to control his jealousy when I told him all the things that come with my $52k Badlands.

1. 33” tires
2. 12” screen
3. Front and rear lockers
4. auto 4x4
5. Removable top!
6. Drain plugs
7. Aux switches

I’m sure he comforts himself just fine with reliability and resale value, so it’s not like the guy is crying (not to mention the fact that he’s driving his while I’m waiting for mine). But he sees a ton of value in the Bronco for less than he paid for his 4Runner.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those of you saying this vehicle costs too much at over 50k— did you ever consider the fact that optioning what amounts to the best off-road tech you can buy from a mass produced vehicle + all the modern luxury and safety features like 12” screen, leather, heated wheel etc would be rather expensive?

I think the complaints are less about the pure price and more about not getting the most basic features included in that price. If they can put all that tech and luxury/safety into the vehicle, why can't they put in seats that make sense? I've got no problem paying over $50k, but if I'm paying over $50k I should at least get an interior that isn't mismatched, and a roof that looks halfway decent with the rest of the vehicle, and some seats that can be sprayed off. Focus on the issues that car manufactures figured out in 1985 before worrying about the 2021 components. And no I'm not taking a brand new $50k vehicle to my redneck paint bro to see if maybe he can find something white that will stick to the top that won't look like birdshit.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will say you can get a 4 door base with hardtop and auto for $35,390 and the BB with hardtop, tow, 2.7, and auto is $40,560. Very much inline with the competion.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good points, 4runner should be cheaper.

However just out of curiosity I did some digging on 2020 current year 4runner, everything standard for TRD offroad ($39k), offroad premium ($42k), and TRD Pro:

standard:

apple carplay / android auto
adaptive cruise control
Smart key (intelligent access just touch handle. not standard on $39k edition)
Garage door opener
Trailer hitch
towing 5000 lbs

Those are all things bronco buyers are complaining about costing an arm and a leg. I think to get those things, we would pay more than for 4runner and those are modern tech's, not archaic.

optional:

kdss (swaybar disconnect) - 555 on RTI score vs 620 4 door bronco

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems like a lot of people are going for the Badlands and WT just because they are the top trims. For those wanting more of the creature comforts: consider the OBX. It has an auto trans standard, comes with a higher level features package standard (forget if it’s mid or high) and is significantly less expensive than the badlands or WT. You can always lift it and up the tire size down the line and this vehicle will be more than capable. You likely won’t need to worry about re-gearing if its only gonna see pavement miles.

Why option the stronger front diff, better tcase, suspension, lockers, gear ratio and SBD if you know you’ll hardly ever even see dirt? If you like the look of larger tires you can buy a lift and 33’s/35’s out the door for probably 2k/3k. There, I just saved you $9,000 off the price of your loaded BL/WT.

Lastly, if you compare pricing to Jeeps, a loaded JLUR will run you up to and over 60k. Ford is right on target with this pricing.

Would really hate to see a bunch of people selling these a year from delivery (driving resale down for the rest of us btw) because they bought something that’s too expensive and way more capable than they need, and on top of that isn’t nearly as comfortable to drive as a less expensive vehicle.

My .02

PS: if you’re reading this and can feel your blood pressure rising because you’re going for a loaded model with the intent of going offroad, camping, etc; relax. This wasn’t meant for you. This post is aimed at folks who really don’t know what they need.
I think you have a great point about the OBX.

When I option a Rubicon similar to my Badlands build, it comes in at pretty much the same MSRP. Of course I can get invoice on a Jeep and no x-plan, but I can compensate for that through either negotiation or Granger / Stephens.

Keep in mind you can't get lockers on a Jeep unless you buy a Rubicon. With the Bronco you can Squatch a Base and get lockers, so even the offroaders are offered a lower entry price pre-build.

However, if you are in the may hit a trail someday, but just love the Bronco looks and want a nice level of features majority - the Sahara-like OBX is a great place to start.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good points, 4runner should be cheaper.

However just out of curiosity I did some digging on 2020 current year 4runner, everything standard for TRD offroad ($39k), offroad premium ($42k), and TRD Pro:

standard:

apple carplay / android auto
adaptive cruise control
Smart key (intelligent access just touch handle. not standard on $39k edition)
Garage door opener
Trailer hitch
towing 5000 lbs

Those are all things bronco buyers are complaining about costing an arm and a leg. I think to get those things, we would pay more than for 4runner and those are modern tech's, not archaic.

optional:

kdss (swaybar disconnect) - 555 on RTI score vs 620 4 door bronco
Just bought a 2021 4Runner Off Road.

They don't exactly compare. You'd have to go to Lux to get some of the options in the ORP but the 4Runner doesn't have all those options either.

The KDSS is more than the BD offers but the front locker on the BL is more than the 4Runner offers.

So not exactly apples to apples. I've been going through all the options and no matter what a closely matched Bronco will cost more than what we paid for the 4Runner. It is close and I certainly wouldn't call one a bargain over the other.
Sponsored