Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hanging on by a thread. Need this to perform family duties with kids and 50/50 it gets the job done. Won’t know until I see it in person. Add on mod top debacle, no x plan, near black AMB, and hunting down F150s an hour away next month just to see the paint job. Poor lease deals. I may need to take a step back and re-assess. Jumping through hoops with my current lease extension, which will likely fall short. A pissed off wife who will no longer talk about this car and hate it when I finally get it.

Why not just lease a nice big SUV next year during the month I actually need it? Put nothing down instead of 20k down to back into the same monthly payment for a leased car driven less than 10k/year that I could test drive and assure it has enough cargo room. This whole process is becoming a bit ridiculous. I should just cut my losses timewise and get a good x5 lease

everything about this feels wrong.
Sounds like you have legitimate reasons to back out. You spelled it out pretty clearly
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
a member above insinuated that Granger and Stevens will have so many reservations that perhaps not all of them will actually get a Bronco. My response is that instead of committing to Granger or Stevens you could just stay with your local dealer.

So switch to Granger/Stevens and get 1000 of invoice and run the risk of not getting a bronco because they have so many reservations or stay with your current dealer and pay sticker and have a better chance of getting a bronco. This was what I meant in my post.

So, I am confused now. I was told allocations only affected dealer stock after order fulfillment. Are you saying you could be pushed to a further delivery going with a high volume order dealer like Granger?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the new Bronco, but definitely not sold on it. I'm waiting to read the reviews and owner reports, then maybe I'll get one. Cost not really an issue for me. With all due respect, I've never understood the need to "reserve" a Ford, other than maybe a GT. Ford will make as many Broncos as anyone is willing to buy. Stop falling for the marketing hype of anyone trying to sell you anything.

BordFronco

Black Diamond
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see how a small discount in the grand scheme of things is so upsetting to people. When you are spending 50k, what is 1k? I mean honestly that's the difference in tax depending on where you live.

I personally have no problem paying for the things I want and am just as excited for the bronco as I originally was, if not more so now that I will see all the options on Friday. Stop focusing on the negatives, you'll be much happier.
Well $1k is $1k. But outside of that, no one wants to feel like they're getting taken advantage of, and especially not so blatantly. It's obvious that Ford has intentionally strung all of us along since July, and it's not wrong for people to be upset by that. It's a consequence to Ford's actions. Cool as the Bronco may be, there's always a breaking point, and that varies from person to person. For me, the only way I follow through with my reservation is if Ford is reasonable with their package/accessory pricing. Otherwise, there's a nice 2021 Taco TRD Offroad waiting for me without all this BS.

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I reserved my Bronco, I didn't even know what the X-plan was. Started looking into it, and thought it was strange that it would be offered for a new model, but thought it was cool of Ford to do so.

However, everything I've read tonight basically says, "We have so many reservations, we don't have to cut anyone a deal. Let's just drop it. People will pay, anyway." I don't really like that mentality, at all.

I was already getting a feeling of nickel and diming with the price survey. I get that Ford is trying to make money. But, there's definitely a right way and a wrong way to do so. Giving your customers a feeling that they're nothing but dollar signs to them is certainly not the right way to go.

Going to wait and see how the B&P goes. I still want a Bronco, but I'm not really as excited about it, like I was back in July.

Sponsored

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ultimately you cut the deal with the dealer and not Ford directly when, in this case, a plan isn’t offered. You have the power. Find the dealer that works for you. Granger and Stephens have great deals but I think people keep forgetting the formula that goes into allocation. Lots of dealers out there and many willing to work with customers to offer a competitive deal. You just have to put some effort in.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in the cold feet camp. While I really like the look of the new Bronco, I drive a 2006 Jeep Liberty now - so I can obviously tolerate a lot of discomfort. I might just wait and get a used one in a couple of years, let someone else take the depreciation hit, and let the aftermarket folks catch-up.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also waiting to see new Frontier (6 cylinders, no turbo and I’m still going strong at 208k on my 2010 Fronty)
Oh.

Did Nissan finally decide to make a new Frontier for the US market?
Or is it the already dated one they've been selling on the global market for what, 5 years?

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I reserved my Bronco, I didn't even know what the X-plan was. Started looking into it, and thought it was strange that it would be offered for a new model, but thought it was cool of Ford to do so.

However, everything I've read tonight basically says, "We have so many reservations, we don't have to cut anyone a deal. Let's just drop it. People will pay, anyway." I don't really like that mentality, at all.

I was already getting a feeling of nickel and diming with the price survey. I get that Ford is trying to make money. But, there's definitely a right way and a wrong way to do so. Giving your customers a feeling that they're nothing but dollar signs to them is certainly not the right way to go.

Going to wait and see how the B&P goes. I still want a Bronco, but I'm not really as excited about it, like I was back in July.
I don't think it was ever stated that X-plan would be offered.... but maybe i'm wrong there...

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
a member above insinuated that Granger and Stevens will have so many reservations that perhaps not all of them will actually get a Bronco. My response is that instead of committing to Granger or Stevens you could just stay with your local dealer.

So switch to Granger/Stevens and get 1000 of invoice and run the risk of not getting a bronco because they have so many reservations or stay with your current dealer and pay sticker and have a better chance of getting a bronco. This was what I meant in my post.
Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. Ford is allowing people to choose and switch their dealers AND they are saying orders will 'roughly' be filled in order of reservation date/time. How on Earth do you go from that to thinking Ford will simply blow off reservation holders because their chosen dealer was successful in getting orders? Makes absolutely no sense!

Sponsored

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh.

Did Nissan finally decide to make a new Frontier for the US market?
Or is it the already dated one they've been selling on the global market for what, 5 years?
They say it is US specific. We’ll see. Rumors are reveal in next few weeks as 2021 model. Still made at the MS plant I think.

Biscuit

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, 1967 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm in the cold feet camp. While I really like the look of the new Bronco, I drive a 2006 Jeep Liberty now - so I can obviously tolerate a lot of discomfort. I might just wait and get a used one in a couple of years, let someone else take the depreciation hit, and let the aftermarket folks catch-up.
I agree, I'm thinking maybe a used one now. like 77 or earlier.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the tax credit for?
X5 45e. EV tax incentive.
We just got the x3 for a good price. I have a 2011 kia long paid off that I rarely drive anymore thanks to covid19 and permanent work from home.

Its time for a new vehicle. Besides an Aston Martin vanquish, there's nothing else on the road that interests me. And I can't afford a vanquish!
I know I'm going to be paying 50k and I'm all in with that. I have no wavering reservations about this purchase and quite realistic expectations I feel
We are still deciding on the X5 lease but seems like we will be doing the Bronco in 2-3 years when the madness subsides. All these changes made us loose our confidence and opened our eyes that a $50K Purchase might not be the best decision right now.

Rob Stop It

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Fiesta ST, '16 Rav4, '84 Silverado K30
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

This is exactly the feeling I get from FOMOCO. I'm the type of person that walks away when I feel like I'm not getting a fair deal as a buyer. I really don't need to have the latest new trendy vehicle, my last rig was a 1998 GMC with 245k on the clock. My 2016 Rav4 with 60k will undoubtedly make it close to that mileage before it needs to be replaced. I have more than enough time to wait for a fair deal on a Bronco, Wrangler, 4Runner or a new Blazer if Chevy decides to make one that isn't a lifted Camaro...
Sponsored