Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

BroncoSYV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been considering getting an Audi RS6 for my daily. It is now going to be a year late and they still want 20k adm at my local dealer. Ford isn’t the only one.
Love the new RS6 Avant, but Audi blew it with this one... Excuse will be "see Americans don't buy sport wagons"
Sponsored

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the new RS6 Avant, but Audi blew it with this one... Excuse will be "see Americans don't buy sport wagons"
They don't buy sport wagons because they don't sell them.

It's the same argument with any other feature or whatever. It's stupid to say we don't offer it because nobody buys it, ok how do you know nobody buys it if you don't offer it? If they are basing it off last year then how do you know trends or people's tastes didn't change since then. If it's continual over many years it's more justified but you still loose some sales from the small group that does want it.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I’m going this route after first of year.

8D5F4CC1-EADE-4D01-ACF5-06964DEE46F8.jpeg

Maybe out of a job depending on election outcome (I sell firearms). I can revisit the Bronco in year 2 or three. I’ll still be here talking shit, but spending a lot of time at Ranger5g forums now. Also waiting to see new Frontier (6 cylinders, no turbo and I’m still going strong at 208k on my 2010 Fronty)
Just throwing this out there but no matter what happens in the US your job will be safe. Trust me on this one. Either way you will win in your field

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled because I felt like a puppet. Ford is feeding off the Bronco nostalgia and the impulsive buying behavior. I’m having a very sour taste in my mouth right now. “Those suckers will go for anything!” must be going around at the board meetings regarding the Bronco.

It’s possibly the worst time in the last 10-years to make a decision to buy a $50k vehicle and this has been extremely mishandled by Ford.

We decided order an X5 instead. $74K sticker for $52k. Could not pass on that deal. I find it very difficult to justify a $50K Bronco that will be here in 18-24 months, with luck. The X5 is a different vehicle and will not replace our Bronco. Hopefully in 2 years or so we’ll be joining the club.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't see how a small discount in the grand scheme of things is so upsetting to people. When you are spending 50k, what is 1k? I mean honestly that's the difference in tax depending on where you live.

I personally have no problem paying for the things I want and am just as excited for the bronco as I originally was, if not more so now that I will see all the options on Friday. Stop focusing on the negatives, you'll be much happier.

Sponsored

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll say this:

I love wagons.

and this:

Hey Ford, active outdoor oriented people often like to/need to tow stuff. 3500 lbs? How very Jeep of you . . .

2021 Durango SRT looking better and better. Revisit Jeep and Bronco in a few years...

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
X plan saves more than $300. It’s also saving % off add ons like engine upgrade
All the upgrades and options would have been at invoice price. The % off is really small, I think it was .5%. Remember though, you had to pay a $275 fee to use the X-plan. To offset the $275, you'd have to spend at least $55K.
That is why the $1,000 below invoice with no fees is so much better. You get the benefit of invoice pricing, save an additional $1K and no fees.
If you are closer to north Texas than Iowa, check out Bronco6G and search for Texas Buyers Group. That deal is also for $1,000 below invoice.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hanging on by a thread. Need this to perform family duties with kids and 50/50 it gets the job done. Won’t know until I see it in person. Add on mod top debacle, no x plan, near black AMB, and hunting down F150s an hour away next month just to see the paint job. Poor lease deals. I may need to take a step back and re-assess. Jumping through hoops with my current lease extension, which will likely fall short. A pissed off wife who will no longer talk about this car and hate it when I finally get it.

Why not just lease a nice big SUV next year during the month I actually need it? Put nothing down instead of 20k down to back into the same monthly payment for a leased car driven less than 10k/year that I could test drive and assure it has enough cargo room. This whole process is becoming a bit ridiculous. I should just cut my losses timewise and get a good x5 lease

everything about this feels wrong.

Last edited:

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just throwing this out there but no matter what happens in the US your job will be safe. Trust me on this one. Either way you will win in your field
Going to disagree. If we can’t sell them people can’t buy them. (Legally, lol)

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled because I felt like a puppet. Ford is feeding off the Bronco nostalgia and the impulsive buying behavior. I’m having a very sour taste in my mouth right now. “Those suckers will go for anything!” must be going around at the board meetings regarding the Bronco.

It’s possibly the worst time in the last 10-years to make a decision to buy a $50k vehicle and this has been extremely mishandled by Ford.

We decided order an X5 instead. $74K sticker for $52k. Could not pass on that deal. I find it very difficult to justify a $50K Bronco that will be here in 18-24 months, with luck. The X5 is a different vehicle and will not replace our Bronco. Hopefully in 2 years or so we’ll be joining the club.
I need to know more about this deal because I also like the X5. LoL

Sponsored

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They don't buy sport wagons because they don't sell them.

It's the same argument with any other feature or whatever. It's stupid to say we don't offer it because nobody buys it, ok how do you know nobody buys it if you don't offer it? If they are basing it off last year then how do you know trends or people's tastes didn't change since then. If it's continual over many years it's more justified but you still loose some sales from the small group that does want it.
I see Volvo is doing just fine with sport wagons. Sexiest cars on the road right now. If they weren't so eco conscious and could buy with a stick, I wouldn't even be here. I'd already be out having a blast in my V60 6 speed...

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PenFed credit $3,250, Driving event $1,000, Recent graduate (household) $1,000, BMW CCA $1,000, 10% off MSRP and $7,500 Tax credit.
What's the tax credit for?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Simple solution. Stay with your current dealer and pay sticker.
So, I am confused now. I was told allocations only affected dealer stock after order fulfillment. Are you saying you could be pushed to a further delivery going with a high volume order dealer like Granger?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

We just got the x3 for a good price. I have a 2011 kia long paid off that I rarely drive anymore thanks to covid19 and permanent work from home.

Its time for a new vehicle. Besides an Aston Martin vanquish, there's nothing else on the road that interests me. And I can't afford a vanquish!
I know I'm going to be paying 50k and I'm all in with that. I have no wavering reservations about this purchase and quite realistic expectations I feel
Sponsored