Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll say this:

I love wagons.

and this:

Hey Ford, active outdoor oriented people often like to/need to tow stuff. 3500 lbs? How very Jeep of you . . .

2021 Durango SRT looking better and better. Revisit Jeep and Bronco in a few years...
Or get a Gladiator and you can tow overland topless ...
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just checked and the water temp is still warm. I don't know how you can get cold feet.

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or get a Gladiator and you can tow overland topless ...
Yep, a Jeep truck is on my list (as long as it has the Pentastar, I can't seem to call it "Gladiator" ;)). So far I can't justify the price, and still hoping for V8 news; preferably 5.7. Very unlikely though. Was hoping the upcoming Bronco would result in lower prices. Hasn't happened yet. Bronco too far in the future, partly.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been considering getting an Audi RS6 for my daily. It is now going to be a year late and they still want 20k adm at my local dealer. Ford isn’t the only one.
I've been thinking about getting an RS instead of the Bronco. I can get a used RS5 for less than the Bronco.

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the info about no x plan pricing and now rumors of another dealer change being allowed and this already being a first model year vehicle I'm starting to waver. It just seems like Ford really doesn't have a plan and are making it up as they go along. I love the Bronco's new design but at what cost?
I get the feeling that the second dealer change is in correlation with the X-Plan pricing news being leaked. Although I could be wrong. My other thought is, will no X-plan help depreciation? Or "residual factor". Just putting thoughts out there. I'm no expert lol

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If dealers are getting MSRP or better, good for them and they can sell mine to someone else. It's a nice truck...that they will make a bazillion of in the next ten years...alright maybe not quite a bazillion, but plenty enough that will deflate the market.

In a year or possibly less, the hype is over and deals will be struck.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just checked and the water temp is still warm. I don't know how you can get cold feet.
More than my feet will be cold if I find out that I have to wait until 2022 to get a Bronco that only comes with a purple top.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The information released so far it’s only 21MY that isn’t X plan eligible. So your 22MY May get X plan, since it won’t be a “limited” run.
I’m in the same boat and have to admit, it has me questioning the value of having a reservation.

1. I don’t get a MY21
2. I’m not getting a deal
3. I still won’t get a test drive before having to lock down my order

If the dealer asks for a deposit, I’ll probably cancel.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see how a small discount in the grand scheme of things is so upsetting to people. When you are spending 50k, what is 1k? I mean honestly that's the difference in tax depending on where you live.

I personally have no problem paying for the things I want and am just as excited for the bronco as I originally was, if not more so now that I will see all the options on Friday. Stop focusing on the negatives, you'll be much happier.
I second this. I also don’t have a problem paying for something I want or need. Yes, I want value in what I buy but honestly I also want the business I buy from to be able to make a profit and stay in business. I would agree that in the auto industry it is hard to know what ‘value’ is because of the lack of transparency in pricing and if dealers and manufacturers want to engender long term goodwill with their customers then they need to fix that.
overall I am still excited by the bronco and will continue with the process. The one thing I am not thrilled with is the delay in the Build and Price. I have no doubt that the website was ready to go in August. I believe that Ford is delaying it to finalize pricing on the packages/options. Whether they decide to go high and maximize profits or they decide to go lower and cultivate long term goodwill with their customers while still making a profit is yet to be seen. I hope they chose the latter.
as I type this I am reminded that this is the company that decided it was cheaper to settle wrongful death lawsuits for people who died in their mobile fire bombs -AKA the Ford Pinto - than it was to actually fix the issue and save lives, so I am not very hopeful they will choose their customers over maximizing profits.

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is exactly the feeling I get from FOMOCO. I'm the type of person that walks away when I feel like I'm not getting a fair deal as a buyer. I really don't need to have the latest new trendy vehicle, my last rig was a 1998 GMC with 245k on the clock. My 2016 Rav4 with 60k will undoubtedly make it close to that mileage before it needs to be replaced. I have more than enough time to wait for a fair deal on a Bronco, Wrangler, 4Runner or a new Blazer if Chevy decides to make one that isn't a lifted Camaro...
Agreed on the 2022 Toyota 4Runner

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it man. Guess it's because I've been through this crap before; not with a Ford, but this is why many have seen me rant on here against dealerships so strongly. I know selling cars is a job that is plentiful, but I absolutely hate the industry to no end.

Car dealerships ruin the car buying experience and fracture relationships with manufacturers as a result. There's local and state politics involved in car sales and the entire industry is just full of sleazy guys.

Because I already know this, and would hope all of you do by now, that you'd fully understand that a popular car was going to look like $$$ to these sleazy guys, particularly at a time like this. The Bronco and new F-150 may be Ford's last big push. Otherwise, the company is looking at some real draconian measures where only the line of trucks and Mustang survive the bleed and the dealer network gets cut by a third or more.

For those moving on, there will be lessons learned by the auto industry, but I hate to lose any of the guys on this forum because y'all MFers are the funniest collection of jackasses I've ever seen on a car forum! ?
If I had the choice between going to a car dealership and falling down a flight of stairs, I'd take the stairs. At least I'll know right away what hurts. And as long as it's not a dildo factory, it won't hurt as much.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m in the same boat and have to admit, it has me questioning the value of having a reservation.

1. I don’t get a MY21
2. I’m not getting a deal
3. I still won’t get a test drive before having to lock down my order

If the dealer asks for a deposit, I’ll probably cancel.
You gave $100 that is refundable. While I agree with your frustration about "well what's the point then??", it seemed very obvious to me it is simply a way to measure interest and not so much as a real reservation like one typically thinks of. Yes, they'll generally give them to us in generally some order, but it's not like we sacrificed anything here... If you're unsure, and I'm not joking this time when I say it, but waiting until the hype goes down in 2022 or 2023 might help you feel that you're getting a fair deal and allow you to test drive.

Also, as someone who has worked in the car industry, I would prefer to NOT have the first model year or at least first 10's of thousands produced. While it's not usually substantial, there can be issues. It'll annoy me if I have to go back for three recalls in the first year. I prefer a MY2022.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
have you been following how ford plans to divvy up Broncos among dealerships? You may want to read up on that and then decide if indeed every dealership will get to satisfy all
of their reservations.
I have read the statements. There is NO WAY Ford will not deliver a reserved vehicle that is turned into an actual order.