Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have a fairly early reservation for a Rivian R1S that I was keeping in my back pocket in case Ford effs up the Bronco launch. Rivian recently announced that their prices will be lower than originally stated, and it looks like the $7,500 federal tax incentive will still be around next year.

A loaded Bronco and a modestly-equipped R1S may actually end up being about the same price, once you factor in the tax incentive and the fact that Broncos will be MSRP-only for the foreseeable future (yeah, I know Granger et al, but I'm very skeptical that these dealers are going to get an outsized allocation for all these reservations). There are huge pros/cons to each, but on the surface I like the idea of buying an SUV from the hungry company funded by billionaire investors instead of the dinosaur that has a huge pension liability around their necks and makes shortsighted decisions (like this no X-plan on Bronco) just to prop up their stock price for a couple quarters.

The only thing keeping the Bronco in contention right now are 1)manual transmission and 2)Ford's huge dealer network (i.e. convenient service). But do I want to be the sucker that was an early adopter for electric SUVs, or be the sucker that paid MSRP for a mass-market SUV that will surely be loaded with discounts/incentives in a couple years? Sucker either way, unfortunately.
Sponsored

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have a fairly early reservation for a Rivian R1S that I was keeping in my back pocket in case Ford effs up the Bronco launch. Rivian recently announced that their prices will be lower than originally stated, and it looks like the $7,500 federal tax incentive will still be around next year.

A loaded Bronco and a modestly-equipped R1S may actually end up being about the same price, once you factor in the tax incentive and the fact that Broncos will be MSRP-only for the foreseeable future (yeah, I know Granger et al, but I'm very skeptical that these dealers are going to get an outsized allocation for all these reservations). There are huge pros/cons to each, but on the surface I like the idea of buying an SUV from the hungry company funded by billionaire investors instead of the dinosaur that has a huge pension liability around their necks and makes shortsighted decisions (like this no X-plan on Bronco) just to prop up their stock price for a couple quarters.

The only thing keeping the Bronco in contention right now are 1)manual transmission and 2)Ford's huge dealer network (i.e. convenient service). But do I want to be the sucker that was an early adopter for electric SUVs, or be the sucker that paid MSRP for a mass-market SUV that will surely be loaded with discounts/incentives in a couple years? Sucker either way, unfortunately.
There will come a day when the money you spent on a Bronco will bring a smile to your face before bringing a tear to your eye.

But unfortunately, if you buy an electric truck SUV that turns out to be shitty it will always be shitty to it's last day.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have read the statements. There is NO WAY Ford will not deliver a reserved vehicle that is turned into an actual order.
I'd like to hear more about the concerns over people thinking customers would potentially not get a Bronco because of dealer allocation. I'm with Cheshire. I can see someone maybe getting delivery later because they happened to order from a dealer that has stacks of orders due to shipping logistics, but Ford has stated they will be built in roughly time stamp order.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to hear more about the concerns over people thinking customers would potentially not get a Bronco because of dealer allocation. I'm with Cheshire. I can see someone maybe getting delivery later because they happened to order from a dealer that has stacks of orders due to shipping logistics, but Ford has stated they will be built in roughly time stamp order.
I don't know how the allocation works but my dealer which is one of about 5 major ford dealers within a 30 minute driving range told me they have 186 reservations. Now I'm no expert but I've seen their lot and I doubt they have room for 186 let alone 100 or even 50 broncos at a time, plus car carrier semi trucks can only bring them 4-8 at a time. So I think it will be less allocation from Ford corporate and simply production speed/shipping speed/how much real estate your dealer has and man power.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know how the allocation works but my dealer which is one of about 5 major ford dealers within a 30 minute driving range told me they have 186 reservations. Now I'm no expert but I've seen their lot and I doubt they have room for 186 let alone 100 or even 50 broncos at a time, plus car carrier semi trucks can only bring them 4-8 at a time. So I think it will be less allocation from Ford corporate and simply production speed/shipping speed/how much real estate your dealer has and man power.
So what does allocation mean? Does this mean that they can only sell 186 Broncos? What if they take in 200 reservation conversion to orders? Do 14 people not get Bronco's?

Sponsored

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what does allocation mean? Does this mean that they can only sell 186 Broncos? What if they take in 200 reservation conversion to orders? Do 14 people not get Bronco's?
It's a bit complicated to try out on my phone. Just Google it. Basically depending on the size of the dealer and how many vehicles they sell is how many vehicles the manufacturer will sell them. For example, if I dealer only sold Mustangs and never sold an escape or focus ford would cut off their supply of mustangs until the order some other models.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! They are not going to received all 186 at once.

Last edited:

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will come a day when the money you spent on a Bronco will bring a smile to your face before bringing a tear to your eye.

But unfortunately, if you buy an electric truck SUV that turns out to be shitty it will always be shitty to it's last day.
With Amazon's billions behind them, I doubt Rivian will just churn out turds and leave owners to fend for themselves (which Ford has actually done many times in their history). I really wanted the last manual transmission 4x4 (not the first electric one), but Ford is trying really hard to lose my business. The 7MT better shift like a damn dream if they want to keep me in the fold; first no 7MT with the 2.7L, now no X-plan; one more strike and Ford's out.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not "in the know" on dealer processes, but I think the relative concern with most is using the following hypothetical: If I go with a dealer that is offering under invoice and so does 1000 other people, can I get screwed because the dealer has so many orders and has exceeded their "allocation". Will I not get a Bronco? Will it just be delayed? I think if Granger has 1000 orders, Ford will continue to send Bronco's their way regardless as close to reservation timestamp and won't leave any reservation holders high and dry. I am committed to a dealer and am not going to worry about it too much, but it is interesting to try and gain an understanding of this.

OP
OP
Vooch

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL! They are not going to received all 186 at once.
And let's be honest who gets the call their Bronco is at the local dealer and doesn't drop everything they can within reason to go pick it up? Let alone long enough that space to store 186 Bronco orders becomes an issue.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not "in the know" on dealer processes, but I think the relative concern with most is using the following hypothetical: If I go with a dealer that is offering under invoice and so does 1000 other people, can I get screwed because the dealer has so many orders and has exceeded their "allocation". Will I not get a Bronco? Will it just be delayed? I think if Granger has 1000 orders, Ford will continue to send Bronco's their way regardless as close to reservation timestamp and won't leave any reservation holders high and dry. I am committed to a dealer and am not going to worry about it too much, but it is interesting to try and gain an understanding of this.
as the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true...it is.

I have no doubt that these dealers with hundreds or even over a thousand orders will not deliver a smooth roll out to the purchasers and then at that point, that small discount won't seem worth the headache that it comes with.

Plus people are traveling to other states to save some money? I'm sorry but my time is much more valuable than that.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Problem with Rivian in the first couple of years or even more after the initial launch will be lack of super charging network, with out a super charging network EVs are very restrictive for road trips .

At least for me Rivian is too big for lot off-road trails around here in Colorado.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the end Ford will build all they can sell. Look at the Bullitt. Could not find one at or under MSRP. 6 months later $3,000-$5,000 below MSRP all day long. Patience my friends. Patience.

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the end Ford will build all they can sell. Look at the Bullitt. Could not find one at or under MSRP. 6 months later $3,000-$5,000 below MSRP all day long. Patients my friends. Patients.
Patients????

Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. get(4)(1)

Sometimes, Spellcheck is not your friend.

:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
Sponsored