Sponsored

Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeh....for sure if you get cold feet just buy something different.....
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how the allocation works but my dealer which is one of about 5 major ford dealers within a 30 minute driving range told me they have 186 reservations. Now I'm no expert but I've seen their lot and I doubt they have room for 186 let alone 100 or even 50 broncos at a time, plus car carrier semi trucks can only bring them 4-8 at a time. So I think it will be less allocation from Ford corporate and simply production speed/shipping speed/how much real estate your dealer has and man power.
Keep in mind that they are not getting all of their reserved Broncos at the same time... it will be over the span of 6+ months. Also, when Broncos are delivered to their lot, I wouldn't think that they would stay long before the new owner comes to get it. It should be manageable for all of the dealers but some of them will definitely be busier than others. :D

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No cold feet here, base model 4 door, if my dealer and I can come to terms on a valid contract, I will place as small of a deposit as possible and when it shows up, I will go pick it up.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem with Rivian in the first couple of years or even more after the initial launch will be lack of super charging network, with out a super charging network EVs are very restrictive for road trips .

At least for me Rivian is too big for lot off-road trails around here in Colorado.
Yeah, charging is a factor. But I already live among mountains/lakes/rivers/etc., so I don't really need to drive far to do what I do. We usually take the wife's minivan on long road trips anyway.

I hadn't thought about the size factor; the R1S is the exact same width as a sasquatch Bronco (79.3"), but a whopping two feet longer. That is pretty monstrous.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have a fairly early reservation for a Rivian R1S that I was keeping in my back pocket in case Ford effs up the Bronco launch. Rivian recently announced that their prices will be lower than originally stated, and it looks like the $7,500 federal tax incentive will still be around next year.

A loaded Bronco and a modestly-equipped R1S may actually end up being about the same price, once you factor in the tax incentive and the fact that Broncos will be MSRP-only for the foreseeable future (yeah, I know Granger et al, but I'm very skeptical that these dealers are going to get an outsized allocation for all these reservations). There are huge pros/cons to each, but on the surface I like the idea of buying an SUV from the hungry company funded by billionaire investors instead of the dinosaur that has a huge pension liability around their necks and makes shortsighted decisions (like this no X-plan on Bronco) just to prop up their stock price for a couple quarters.

The only thing keeping the Bronco in contention right now are 1)manual transmission and 2)Ford's huge dealer network (i.e. convenient service). But do I want to be the sucker that was an early adopter for electric SUVs, or be the sucker that paid MSRP for a mass-market SUV that will surely be loaded with discounts/incentives in a couple years? Sucker either way, unfortunately.
I can't get past the anime face on Rivians.

Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. tumblr_mrs33gaeUw1sau89xo1_500

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also have a fairly early reservation for a Rivian R1S that I was keeping in my back pocket in case Ford effs up the Bronco launch. Rivian recently announced that their prices will be lower than originally stated, and it looks like the $7,500 federal tax incentive will still be around next year.

A loaded Bronco and a modestly-equipped R1S may actually end up being about the same price, once you factor in the tax incentive and the fact that Broncos will be MSRP-only for the foreseeable future (yeah, I know Granger et al, but I'm very skeptical that these dealers are going to get an outsized allocation for all these reservations). There are huge pros/cons to each, but on the surface I like the idea of buying an SUV from the hungry company funded by billionaire investors instead of the dinosaur that has a huge pension liability around their necks and makes shortsighted decisions (like this no X-plan on Bronco) just to prop up their stock price for a couple quarters.

The only thing keeping the Bronco in contention right now are 1)manual transmission and 2)Ford's huge dealer network (i.e. convenient service). But do I want to be the sucker that was an early adopter for electric SUVs, or be the sucker that paid MSRP for a mass-market SUV that will surely be loaded with discounts/incentives in a couple years? Sucker either way, unfortunately.

I can't get past the anime face on Rivians.

Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. tumblr_mrs33gaeUw1sau89xo1_500
When I see that +$70,000 MSRP on the Rivian, I do a Bender.

Ford Bronco Not gonna lie...starting to get cold feet. raw(1)

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I see that +$70,000 MSRP on the Rivian, I do a Bender.
I was thinking of a Badlands w/Lux package, which will be well north of $50k. Subtract the tax incentive, fuel costs, maintenance costs (no oil to change, fewer brake jobs, etc), and it tightens up pretty fast. The big question is depreciation; both the Bronco and R1S will have near-zero depreciation for the first year, but after that is anyone's guess. The Model 3 depreciates slower than any other midsize sedan, but 4x4s are already the slowest-depreciating mass-market vehicle class.

How will electric 4x4s depreciate? After 100k miles or whatever, the next owner may not want to deal with diminished battery capacity. Or maybe batteries will be so cheap/good years down the road that everyone wants a used EV that lends itself to easy battery swaps. Ford might make a bajillion Broncos while some war/law/whatever sends gas prices through the roof, killing resale value. Too hard to predict.

chrysamere

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't have cold feet about getting a Bronco, but I DO have cold feet about getting a 2021. I think 2022 and 2023 are going to be much more exciting.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that they are not getting all of their reserved Broncos at the same time... it will be over the span of 6+ months. Also, when Broncos are delivered to their lot, I wouldn't think that they would stay long before the new owner comes to get it. It should be manageable for all of the dealers but some of them will definitely be busier than others. :D
True but if they get a load of lets say 5 at once they do have to set them up a bit in the service bay, take the plastic off from travel ect...