Jorell3

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a call from my dealer that they just got their demo model in and it happened to be the manual 4 door badlands. When I got there I noticed it looked taller than I expected since I was expecting the 33s that come stock on the Badlands. For some reason this 21 model is a manual w/Sasquatch. Only thing I noticed that was missing is the wider fenders which my sales rep confirmed there not the Sasquatch fenders. I got to test drive it and it felt… pretty good. The 2.3L is definitely working hard to push those tires. Noticed that I had to do quite a bit of down shifting to get up most inclines, even just while driving on a slightly uphill road. I did my best to get into 6th gear but I was only able to for a few seconds due to the traffic in the area. My current car is a five speed so the gear is already new to me but it certainly felt like I had better control in 5th. Throws we’re quick and clutch was forgiving. The turbos kicked in pretty quick So you get okay take offs. Final thoughts, more excited than ever to get my 2 door Mansquatch (is that what we are going with? there’s probably a pole for that already). i Feel like the 2 doors is going to be more agile than it’s 4 door big brother. The 4 door felt like it required me to really pay A lot of attention to what gear I was not to lug those 35s around.

Ford Bronco Not Mansquatch… womp 75581B48-1FD2-4448-8F13-6D0F9E52EEE6
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My local dealer JUST got the EXACT same 4-door CO Badlands manual with the optional 33's. About to test drive it.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread brings up a thought I've had since the beginning, but I'm a skinny tire guy so my opinion really doesn't mater, but: For those waiting for Mansquatch The non Sas BL gets you 90+% of the way there, has SBD and is available now instead of maybe available in a year or two based on a tweet by a Ford marketing guy. I would think the choice would be easy.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread brings up a thought I've had since the beginning, but I'm a skinny tire guy so my opinion really doesn't mater, but: For those waiting for Mansquatch The non Sas BL gets you 90+% of the way there, has SBD and is available now instead of maybe available in a year or two based on a tweet by a Ford marketing guy. I would think the choice would be easy.
This thinking is basically what landed me on BL. That and it has the best goodies and best interior.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got a call from my dealer that they just got their demo model in and it happened to be the manual 4 door badlands. When I got there I noticed it looked taller than I expected since I was expecting the 33s that come stock on the Badlands. For some reason this 21 model is a manual w/Sasquatch. Only thing I noticed that was missing is the wider fenders which my sales rep confirmed there not the Sasquatch fenders. I got to test drive it and it felt… pretty good. The 2.3L is definitely working hard to push those tires. Noticed that I had to do quite a bit of down shifting to get up most inclines, even just while driving on a slightly uphill road. I did my best to get into 6th gear but I was only able to for a few seconds due to the traffic in the area. My current car is a five speed so the gear is already new to me but it certainly felt like I had better control in 5th. Throws we’re quick and clutch was forgiving. The turbos kicked in pretty quick So you get okay take offs. Final thoughts, more excited than ever to get my 2 door Mansquatch (is that what we are going with? there’s probably a pole for that already). i Feel like the 2 doors is going to be more agile than it’s 4 door big brother. The 4 door felt like it required me to really pay A lot of attention to what gear I was not to lug those 35s around.

Ford Bronco Not Mansquatch… womp 75581B48-1FD2-4448-8F13-6D0F9E52EEE6
Damn, get your facts straight before making such a post!

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer JUST got the EXACT same 4-door CO Badlands manual with the optional 33's. About to test drive it.
Nice! On Sat morning Mark at Crossroads told me they had CO 4-door coming very soon. Will have to test drive this week.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice! On Sat morning Mark at Crossroads told me they had CO 4-door coming very soon. Will have to test drive this week.
Just drove it at Capital Ford in Raleigh. Can confirm that it was indeed a manual.

Loved it. No longer considering the Defender.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
They drilled on the painted part...twice.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The mansquatch will have lower gears, 5.13 maybe?

That is a great looking bronco.
Sponsored