Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a signed purchase order or sales agreement prior to this? In Oregon they must have this stuff itemized on the sales agreement. Also, they are no able to require additional items be purchased as a condition of the sale. CA may very well have something similar.
I have never received one until today! Seriously, 2 weeks from estimated delivery, I get the dreaded "Accessories" Fees.
Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Needless to say, I will not be recommending them to any of my friends/family! I chose this dealership to support small, rural family-owned businesses (I live near Phoenix). I should have just gone with the big one 5 minutes from my house.
They are making a nice profit at MSRP

Sponsored
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully they just rescind the charges.
Unfortunately, I don't think they will after my conversation with the Head Sales Mgr today. He just kept saying "You're lucky you're getting it at this price and that we're not adding any ADMs..." And "we could sell it for $30k over msrp on our lot..."

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet Jesus....$300 nitrogen. I was getting cylinders of it refilled for my kart tires for $30. Lasted me all season for my kart and various track days in my Mustang. I would go with the 78% nitrogen option.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg
The Nitro Fill is my favorite fraud. Its an off road vehicle that you'll be airing up and down every trip, so that's ludicrous! And, Costco puts Nitrogen in your tires for free! I'd start by getting that removed!. Otherwise, you may be stuck with it. And then, get more accessory discounting, I'd $settle for $1,000, and close the deal. Otherwise, you may be stuck with it. Or, once the sale is complete, the dealer has a former customer.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sweet Jesus....$300 nitrogen. I was getting cylinders of it refilled for my kart tires for $30. Lasted me all season for my kart and various track days in my Mustang. I would go with the 78% nitrogen option.
Right there with you Brother!!

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you want us to start leaving bad reviews for them on Google, Yelp and dealerrater.com?
I suppose if the Bronco Community wants to "introduce themselves" just as in Pale Rider (great Clint Eastwood movie), then so be it!!

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands