Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I will kindly say, "no thank you" to all of it, especially the "karr" alarm. The 90s called...they want their car alarm back!
Yeah it's all over priced garbage to line their pockets, but that car alarm is a straight deal breaker. Nobody wants to deal with electrical issues in 3 years cause of an unactivated security system.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hell no, those prices and add-ons are ridiculous. Aren’t the windows already tinted? I do like the doc fee, $600 wasn’t enough so they had to add that extra 50 cents in there. 😂

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Contact your state's Attorney General's Office for Consumer Affairs. This is a racketeering shakedown and they're selling you snake oil to boot with $300 Nitrogen. Gaurranteed that's the same air that MAP used to inflate the tire. Simple test and your stealership is guilty of theft by fraud and deception.

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '20 Veloster N
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$300 for checking tire pressures would've been better and more honest
Maybe I will ask them to fill them up with Nitrogen after I get there. And no to the "karr" alarm. Tinted windows on a soft-top with plastic windows? Lifetime, huh?

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I will ask them to fill them up with Nitrogen after I get there. And no to the "karr" alarm. Tinted windows on a soft-top with plastic windows? Lifetime, huh?
Oh I didn’t even catch it was a soft top! Lol that’s even more ridiculous.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$300 for some nitrogen in the tires?
dumbest thing ever, thought it's a joke when I first heard about this ruse years ago. Would be fun to check if they actually completely deflated the tires and filled them with this wonderful and so amazing (extra horse power!) wonder gas, I have my doubts.

Slimy dealer, but probably no way around it, though my online reviews would be abysmal. You don't even get that cool VIN etching! SMH

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can decide re: the nitrogen tires. Absolutely refuse this!! Nitrogen tires are a total scam!!
Agreed. Unfortunately, they are adamant that they will not remove the "accessories" fees. I either say yes, or cancel my reservation and they keep it and sell it for $20k over msrp. That is literally what the sales manager told me.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it were me and planned on getting it despite the fact that they are throwing those add-ons in, I'd ask them what they'll take as an ADM and just leave all of the crap out.

Tinted windows aren't the worst but they likely only need to tint the front two side windows to match the back so maybe $100 at a shop. No to the alarm as others have stated before and the nitrogen in the tires is just BS.

Would they take $1000 and not touch the Bronco at all with their slimy window tint/Karr alarm/nitrogen tires?

Honestly, I count myself lucky to have a dealership charging me just over invoice without any BS extras.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it were me and planned on getting it despite the fact that they are throwing those add-ons in, I'd ask them what they'll take as an ADM and just leave all of the crap out.

Tinted windows aren't the worst but they likely only need to tint the front two side windows to match the back so maybe $100 at a shop. No to the alarm as others have stated before and the nitrogen in the tires is just BS.

Would they take $1000 and not touch the Bronco at all with their slimy window tint/Karr alarm/nitrogen tires?

Honestly, I count myself lucky to have a dealership charging me just over invoice without any BS extras.
I hear ya! Just call it what it is...ADM fees. Feel free to let them know how you feel! The owner tends to respond to google reviews, so if he gets enough of them, perhaps he might change his policy. I know there are some reputable dealerships out there that do not charge ridiculous and unnecessary fees. Glad you found one!

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Contact your state's Attorney General's Office for Consumer Affairs. This is a racketeering shakedown and they're selling you snake oil to boot with $300 Nitrogen. Gaurranteed that's the same air that MAP used to inflate the tire. Simple test and your stealership is guilty of theft by fraud and deception.

Absolutely this. Maybe a lawyer if needed.
Sponsored