Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Give Ford a call directly. If you placed the reservation and the order, the dealership should not have the right to modify without permission.
I called Ford and they put me through to marketing? I will be trying to reach their customer service/complaint dept.
Sponsored

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I called Ford and they put me through to marketing? I will be trying to reach their customer service/complaint dept.
I don't remember the number but there's one that's directly to Bronco Marketing as well.

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
worst case scenario you can purchase the vehicle as they have provided and as you are signing the paperwork, I'd wait till you finish, just tell them that you were sorry that this purchase didnt go exactly how you had hoped and you will simply share your experience on their dealer survey that gets sent to you. All 1's and write up exactly why you aren't completely happy. Then you can share an honest review online. If they make a stink, tell them to not be such a baby about it and that this is how things go.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dealt with Thomas Hostetter when I reordered. Guess I need to have a follow-up email discussion with him about pricing and get something in writing besides the DORA I signed when they placed my order. I don't need $1,500 in accessories. Vehicle is already pricey enough.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Let me know how it turns out. I'm scheduled to be built on Thursday and I'll be nervous from now unitil it's in my driveway.

They way I found out about the "accessory add on" was by telling the sales manager that I heard they were adding this. He did not deny. When I got a VIN, I was called by my salesman to discuss accessories and he said they were requiring $1500. If I wasn't forced to I would probably have dropped the $400 ARB Compressor and maybe also gone aftermarket on the tailgate table.

Oh well, beats a 10k mark up I guess?

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me know how it turns out. I'm scheduled to be built on Thursday and I'll be nervous from now unitil it's in my driveway.

They way I found out about the "accessory add on" was by telling the sales manager that I heard they were adding this. He did not deny. When I got a VIN, I was called by my salesman to discuss accessories and he said they were requiring $1500. If I wasn't forced to I would probably have dropped the $400 ARB Compressor and maybe also gone aftermarket on the tailgate table.

Oh well, beats a 10k mark up I guess?
I still think that they should be more transparent about this. If it were on the lot, there would be a clear sticker on the windshield with all the fees, right? So, why not be transparent to reservation holders too? At least tell us so we are prepared!

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would pay everything, take it home and commence the bad reviews. They can either A) choose to ignore or B) reimbursement you for those unnecessary fees.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I still think that they should be more transparent about this. If it were on the lot, there would be a clear sticker on the windshield with all the fees, right? So, why not be transparent to reservation holders too? At least tell us so we are prepared!
I agree! At this point, I'm so excited by the fact that I could have a Bronco in a month that I'm just dealing with it.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg
I am getting a 2022 Defender 90 next month. Its on the ship on its way from Europe now.

I put my order in on 9/28. Luckily I got in writing my MSRP price + TTT + 1k dealer fee. On 10/01 they started adding 15k ADM even on new orders.

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago. They are adding a "protection pack" to all vehicles. Its paint and interior protection. Some BS rain-X type thing on the WS and ceramic tint. I tell them I dont want it. They say its for all cars. I tell them no. It wont come off the truck like that so all you have to do is simply not do it. Their reply? .... in a more polite way.... too bad so sad. abandon it and we will sell it to someone else for 15-20k more.

Sadly, unless you truly have a great dealership (Brandon Ford is great as I await my WT), in today's market they have the upper hand.

Considering they are not adding ADM, and that I really want the rig, I decided to bend over.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg
At full MSRP they have plenty of profit margin.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At full MSRP they have plenty of profit margin.
Exactly! According to the manager, that does not seem to be the case. And he had the nerve to tell me that I am lucky because I will have a new Bronco for much less than its value, so I can flip it and make a lot of money? Why? I waited 9 months. That's not luck. It is good planning!

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. They know they have me and that's why they don't care. The sales manager said multiple times that "Broncos are going for $30k over msrp so I should feel lucky that I'm getting it at a bargain..." Seriously? A bargain? Did they get me the bargain? Or did I reserve the Bronco, order the Bronco and track the Bronco? I even asked the manager what role they had in this whole process. He paused and said something to the effect of "we have to pay for it before you get it and take the risk..." What risk?

Lol when they want you to abandon it it’s wildly in demand and worth $30k of ADM pure profit, but when you want to buy it they are taking a huge risk of having it sit on the lot.

I’d ask about a ford ESP, maybe an maintenance plan (oil changes) and I guess accept the tint. I’m sure it’s not the good ceramic heat blocking stuff you would want for AZ but maybe it’s not horrible.

Only buy Ford stuff, you don’t want a fly-by-night warranty or maintenance plan, especially if you’re planning on burning the bridge at this dealer.

After you’ve got the keys in hand roast them on all the surveys of course.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers are all pulling some scam. I'm in the detroit area, got mine from one of the biggest dealers here. They honored sticker price without adding anything. BUT they tried screwing me on my trade in, offered $8000 less then ford dealer down the street. I'm sure they did it hoping I would walk away from the deal.
Sponsored