Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man...that is a soft screw compared to the $15-20K ADM other folks are getting hit with. Hell, you are even getting a courtesy reach around to boot. Insert sarcasm...another naughty dealer. But not nearly as naughty as others. I'd be tempted to pay the dumbass fees and enjoy the hell out of the Bronc.
Sponsored

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its high quality nitrogen, I'm sure! Best on the market!
Yeah, $299 for Nitrogen at the Dealership. Does it come with the Nitrogen Storage Tank so you can re-inflate the tires after you air-down? And check out the price of a 200 cylinder of industrial grade N. It would be interesting to know how many times you could fill your tires for $59.83. [I'm in over my head now...]
Ford Bronco Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package" 1642554894584

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey RideEmCowboy,

Do not assume anything with your dealer. There have been way too many stories on this forum of people getting "bent over" because they assumed they would not have any issues.
I know I sound like a broken record, but go to your dealership and demand a signed Purchase Agreement. This will ensure no slimy tactics once your Bronco arrives.
Hi RideEmCowboy,

Perhaps my use of the word 'demand' was a bit strong, but I am getting upset at all the dealers that are taking advantage of those of us that assume the best outcome. If you go in and speak with your salesman, 'ask' for a signed Purchase Agreement. As you have committed to the sale, they should very happily supply one for you. It is not an unusual 'ask', and you should be met with a very positive reply. If they ask why you want one, let them know that you are wanting to wrap the deal up and put it to bed. This approach will ensure that you are no creating any animosity with your salesman. If they reply that they will not give you one, then you have to start worrying. Good luck. Just so you know, I had no issues requesting and getting a signed Purchase Agreement.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man...that is a soft screw compared to the $15-20K ADM other folks are getting hit with. Hell, you are even getting a courtesy reach around to boot. Insert sarcasm...another naughty dealer. But not nearly as naughty as others. I'd be tempted to pay the dumbass fees and enjoy the hell out of the Bronc.
Bottom line it is still a sleazy screw...

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$300 for nitrogen is ridiculous. The benefit is dubious at best for most car applications and all they will do, if anything, is let the air out (which is ~80% Nitrogen anyway) and refill with Nitrogen. Takes maybe 10 min. If you want the window tint that's a bit overpriced but if well done it's not terrible. Just tell them no. It's basically a contract. You have the right to make changes, line out the items you don't want and give it back to them with the numbers adjusted. They can refuse to sign but probably won't.

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

See the bottom asterisk. All the stuff that we "need" as Bronco owners, right? (doors off, soft top down...)
My dealership added the same exact accessories to my bronco even though I had asked two people ahead of time not to. I told my sales guy and at first he was going to give me half off, and I said no I specifically asked for nothing to be added because now I’m going to have to pay to have it removed because I have my tint scheduled elsewhere. He talked to his manager and they removed the fee, but all of that stuff was still on my vehicle. You should be able to opt out of the alarm because it’s pointless when our Ford app sends us a notification every time a door is opened with the location of the vehicle.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing I would say is that every car on their lot has those same fees on the supplemental sticker. Next time check that decal to the right side of the factory sticker on any of their cars. AZ dealerships are lousy with those sorts of fees. My folks for a new Toyota from one of the Tucson dealerships last fall, the dealer had $2100 worth of crap (nitrogen, tint, auto butler, door edge guards) and a $5K ADM on the car. I worked with dealerships for many years, they pay $80 for tinting a full car using cheap film, have a machine for nitrogen, cents for door edge guards, and don’t even get me started on the automatic car scratcher. I got on the phone to negotiate and got the sales manager to drop the ADM and split the BS add ons with me fully understanding they are basically ADM. The deal ended up good since their trade was worth a bunch.

Ask the GM to just charge the fee as an ADM and not touch the truck. Blast them on the Ford survey and Google reviews after the fact.
Great idea about the review. That is the one thing they care about. You can threaten to give them and the salesperson a terrible review. Let’s see if they care.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great idea about the review. That is the one thing they care about. You can threaten to give them and the salesperson a terrible review. Let’s see if they care.
It’s not a card you can really play on the front of the transaction. If the dealership knows they will get blasted on the review they have every incentive to make you walk away, so either terms or more ADM could be added to kill the sale. At the end of the day they want the OP to walk so they can find a sucker to pay $10K ADM.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sent them an email detailing my concerns and how I would like to negotiate/compromise. Its in their court now so we will see what they come back with. I would much rather them come back at a minimum with a counter-offer (or something other than saying "you should feel lucky that you're getting it at THIS price..."). At least give me some bigger tires or floor mats--something useful to a Bronco owner. The reviews will be based on how they handle this situation. So far, its not looking good.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not a card you can really play on the front of the transaction. If the dealership knows they will get blasted on the review they have every incentive to make you walk away, so either terms or more ADM could be added to kill the sale. At the end of the day they want the OP to walk so they can find a sucker to pay $10K ADM.
Exactly! The sales manager mentioned a few times that they can get much more on their lot and I can cancel my reservation if I want! Of course that's not what I want. After such a long wait, I want the Bronco I ordered for the price I expected--without unnecessary "accessories."

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awful. And you can't add air if tire goes low on a trip, you have to find nitrogen and good luck with that.
Agreed. Even most tires stores don't carry it. Still waiting for the ARB nitrogen option!

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealership added the same exact accessories to my bronco even though I had asked two people ahead of time not to. I told my sales guy and at first he was going to give me half off, and I said no I specifically asked for nothing to be added because now I’m going to have to pay to have it removed because I have my tint scheduled elsewhere. He talked to his manager and they removed the fee, but all of that stuff was still on my vehicle. You should be able to opt out of the alarm because it’s pointless when our Ford app sends us a notification every time a door is opened with the location of the vehicle.
My sentiments exactly. Why would I order a BB mid pgk and get a low-cost alarm and low-cost tint--especially on a soft-top? It does not make any sense to me and it is unbelievable that they just said they would not take the "accessories" fee off the price.
Sponsored