Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man...that is a soft screw compared to the $15-20K ADM other folks are getting hit with. Hell, you are even getting a courtesy reach around to boot. Insert sarcasm...another naughty dealer. But not nearly as naughty as others. I'd be tempted to pay the dumbass fees and enjoy the hell out of the Bronc.
It bugs me that dealerships can add whatever they want to our Broncos knowing we cannot shop elsewhere or wait for the "next one." Obviously, I will not walk away from this Bronco, but I am not looking forward to picking it up and dealing with them in person now. I'm picturing them trying to get me to take a photo at delivery--nope!
Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I sent them an email detailing my concerns and how I would like to negotiate/compromise. Its in their court now so we will see what they come back with. I would much rather them come back at a minimum with a counter-offer (or something other than saying "you should feel lucky that you're getting it at THIS price..."). At least give me some bigger tires or floor mats--something useful to a Bronco owner. The reviews will be based on how they handle this situation. So far, its not looking good.
Well if worse comes to worse, just take their shitty add-ons and tell them your ford CSS will reflect their shadiness. Also, remind them that you are paying full price so you are uncertain how they are not making any money. Have them show you the invoice with the dealer holdback. Here’s a quick bit of info on holdback:
Almost all dealerships consider holdback money sacred and are unwilling to share any portion of it with the consumer. Don't push the issue. Your best strategy is to avoid mentioning the holdback during negotiations. Mention holdback only if the dealer claims he's not making any money on the proposed deal when you know that isn't true — because of the existence of holdbacks.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly! The sales manager mentioned a few times that they can get much more on their lot and I can cancel my reservation if I want! Of course that's not what I want. After such a long wait, I want the Bronco I ordered for the price I expected--without unnecessary "accessories."
Just pay their ransom and move on with life. Yes, it sucks that they have you by the balls, but your time and mental anguish is worth something as well. I would tell them to do the tint, skip the alarm and useless nitrogen, and just charge you the additional fees as ADM. In time you’ll forget about it and be happy with your Bronco.

The last time I was in one of Lawley’s buildings I thought my wife was going to end up in jail for punching the sales manager in the mouth. We had made an appointment with the GM and driven down from Tucson, but he blew us off to play golf. The sales manager said he had the GM’s authority and then claimed he couldn’t authorize what we wanted. My wife stood up in the middle of the showroom, slammed her fists on the table, and screamed at him at one point about his lack of authority. As funny as that might’ve been to see her go over the table at him, we ended up eating a bit of cost and moving on.

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Bronco Purchase Order.jpg
What the hell is Gov fee?

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol "Nitrogen" I get 78% nitrogen tire inflation gas for free. I'll give it to anyone on this forum~

Sponsored
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just pay their ransom and move on with life. Yes, it sucks that they have you by the balls, but your time and mental anguish is worth something as well. I would tell them to do the tint, skip the alarm and useless nitrogen, and just charge you the additional fees as ADM. In time you’ll forget about it and be happy with your Bronco.

The last time I was in one of Lawley’s buildings I thought my wife was going to end up in jail for punching the sales manager in the mouth. We had made an appointment with the GM and driven down from Tucson, but he blew us off to play golf. The sales manager said he had the GM’s authority and then claimed he couldn’t authorize what we wanted. My wife stood up in the middle of the showroom, slammed her fists on the table, and screamed at him at one point about his lack of authority. As funny as that might’ve been to see her go over the table at him, we ended up eating a bit of cost and moving on.
Funny story. I chose this dealership because of their close proximity to Ft. Huachuca Army Base (as a Veteran who spent some time there). I also thought I would support the smaller, family-owned, rural dealerships because I knew they had it tough during this pandemic. Boy was I wrong!

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you seeing that they are charging Accessories under the Taxes subhead? These guys are clearly up to no good here....total creeps...
Good catch. Seems EXTRA sketchy now.

Adding accessories that you didn’t order or add-on is bonkers.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Needless to say, I will not be recommending them to any of my friends/family! I chose this dealership to support small, rural family-owned businesses (I live near Phoenix). I should have just gone with the big one 5 minutes from my house.
Pay their fee and then give them twice that much in bad mouthing on every forum and social media outlet around. I almost have more respect for a scumbag dealer that just adds the $1500 to the bottom line than one that hides behind this kind of underhanded stuff.

Sponsored
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny story. I chose this dealership because of their close proximity to Ft. Huachuca Army Base (as a Veteran who spent some time there). I also thought I would support the smaller, family-owned, rural dealerships because I knew they had it tough during this pandemic. Boy was I wrong!
you need to let the owner know why you chose his ford dealership. this is just wrong. i will never do business with shady dealers like this.

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It bugs me that dealerships can add whatever they want to our Broncos knowing we cannot shop elsewhere or wait for the "next one." Obviously, I will not walk away from this Bronco, but I am not looking forward to picking it up and dealing with them in person now. I'm picturing them trying to get me to take a photo at delivery--nope!
I hear ya. After you take delivery, confirm you feel confident having all service work down at a different dealer - then send GM and Sales Manager a note that due to add-ons, they will never see a service dollar from you.

My local dealer kept trying to upsell me on literally hundreds or thousands of dollars of work every time I took my f150 in for oil change. It's because they don't make any money doing oil changes at competitive prices. After getting frustrated with them, I finally told them that I would make them do every oil change and that I would never get any other service work done by them. I held to that for as long as I owned that truck. Wankers!!

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hmm.. I like the idea of signing the contract as is, then wait two days and submit fifty different ways that you'd like the add ons not added on after all. Be gracious. Send multiple copies of your "change order" later. Register a letter, signature required if you must.

You are setting yourself up for a non-partial independent review. When they refuse (and they will) pay the difference anyway. When you sign the paperwork, add a comment "signed under protest." Pay their full fee.

What review am I talking about? Small claims court, of course. When you file for all the unnecessary accessories, and unnecessary accessories removal costs, you will have a $2000 bill or so. No way will they want to go to court for that. Small claims court filing is very cheap, and easy to do. My guess is they will settle out of court for full asking amount. When this story plays out in court, they won't look good at all. And if they want to go to court, I doubt they would win much in court.

Of course its easy for me to armchair quarterback on this. I have no risk here. We share your pain.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go let the air out of every single tire, while maintaining eye contact with your sales reps, and reinflate with a regular compressor.

Presto, you have 78% nitrogen filled tires, and they now can't charge you bullshit.

Redflag59

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Ford Bronco Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package" 1642614500551
I would call Ford direct and complain. That dealer is using Fords name and has to do business accordingly.
Sponsored