Sponsored

Not saying I have being married all figured out but...

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
So even the base four door manual is stretching what we can afford, and the wife hasn't completely signed off on it. However, I had surgery today and as she drove me home still a bit woozy, she randomly said if we ever did get a small boat that she liked my joke name of Pizza Ship for it. Saw a picture of a sailing ship tattoo made of pieces of pizza and you get the joke. Anyways, I said we should get a small boat for the family and I should name it the Rachael after my wife like her recently deceased grandfather did for her as a child... She had fond memories.

...and the Bronco I'm looking at would tow it easily as it has a 3,500 pound rating, and the Subaru Outback (the car she would be okay with me getting for sure) couldn't. She was silent. Sometimes I'm smooth... Or I'm still on meds and this won't make as much sense to you as I Intended.

Night folks!
Sponsored

P Funked

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like your style!!! That was way smooth!!! Let us know how it turns out... would like to know if it worked!!!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So even the base four door manual is stretching what we can afford, and the wife hasn't completely signed off on it. However, I had surgery today and as she drove me home still a bit woozy, she randomly said if we ever did get a small boat that she liked my joke name of Pizza Ship for it. Saw a picture of a sailing ship tattoo made of pieces of pizza and you get the joke. Anyways, I said we should get a small boat for the family and I should name it the Rachael after my wife like her recently deceased grandfather did for her as a child... She had fond memories.

...and the Bronco I'm looking at would tow it easily as it has a 3,500 pound rating, and the Subaru Outback (the car she would be okay with me getting for sure) couldn't. She was silent. Sometimes I'm smooth... Or I'm still on meds and this won't make as much sense to you as I Intended.

Night folks!
Hope you get the bronco instead
Ford Bronco Not saying I have being married all figured out but... 1601948159196

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you P Funk.

HAHAHA okay I just laughed and it hurt, save being funny until after I'm healed lol. Yeah I remember those lesbian commercials and all of that. I'll save that and show my wife. I love my Subaru Crosstrek other than the Bluetooth disconnects all the time and the motor is a turd but good "car" overall. Decent light off-roader too!

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Night folks!

You clearly weren't as think as she drunk you were!

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Give her your med in her oj and buy whatever you want??

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Give her your med in her oj and buy whatever you want??
While the thought of drugging someone I love sounds tempting (kidding), I'm about 1-1.5 years out from my lease maturing so that'll have to be postponed.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my wife thinks I am having a mid-life crisis. First I want a wake boat and now a Bronco. Oh wait, a Bronco won’t pull a wake boat (5500lbs +) she says. I say, that’s ok, I will be keeping my 15yr old GMC Z71 to pull the boat. Did I mention that my daughter turns 16 in May and will want her own car. So you do the math, we will be going from two cars to four and adding a teenager to insurance. Midlife crisis... yep. And I still haven’t bought the boat.... yet. ?

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my wife thinks I am having a mid-life crisis. First I want a wake boat and now a Bronco. Oh wait, a Bronco won’t pull a wake boat (5500lbs +) she says. I say, that’s ok, I will be keeping my 15yr old GMC Z71 to pull the boat. Did I mention that my daughter turns 16 in May and will want her own car. So you do the math, we will be going from two cars to four and adding a teenager to insurance. Midlife crisis... yep. And I still haven’t bought the boat.... yet. ?
Well, that ought to be fun with the insurance for sure. My oldest daughter is in the same boat. I have three daughters. My wife when she finally combined policies with me shot me up from $90 to $280 or such. I'm trying not to think what a teenager will do to it. Hell, they might drop us lol.

Good luck with all of that. It sounds all too familiar unfortunately!

EDIT: I love your Bronco profile picture. I'm considering having mine painted in a similar way with all the white accents.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only issue my wife has is room in the driveway. She doesn’t want to be asked to move her car ha.She suggested I sell my STi which is unlikely to happen. I also have a daily Camry fleet car. I did show her the pics of the painted Bronco shells and she picked AMB which is my #1 choice so we have some alignment there!

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, that ought to be fun with the insurance for sure. My oldest daughter is in the same boat. I have three daughters. My wife when she finally combined policies with me shot me up from $90 to $280 or such. I'm trying not to think what a teenager will do to it. Hell, they might drop us lol.

Good luck with all of that. It sounds all too familiar unfortunately!

EDIT: I love your Bronco profile picture. I'm considering having mine painted in a similar way with all the white accents.
We will also be fighting over garage space... I think the truck will lose out and have to stay outside... already cleaned out the third bay for the daughters car. #firstworldproblems

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
We will also be fighting over garage space... I think the truck will lose out and have to stay outside... already cleaned out the third bay for the daughters car. #firstworldproblems
I guess your wife hasn't heard of the rule that the new car gets the garage (unless the old one is very valuable).

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife is on her fifth BMW... I am just happy she scoots over enough to let me IN the garage...

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the 2020 Subaru Outback has a 3500lb towing capacity.
Sponsored