Sponsored

Not so "Xtreme" Recon Rubicon first delivery.

OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, this whole thread is about how this guy is wildly impatient and wasted money. I can maybe understand if he was 99d, or thought the 22 bump was a for sure thing. But he was practically at the finish line.
Well since Dec 2019 when I was on the market for a new vehicle I've had to rebuild my heads on my GMC because GM's Active Fuel Management is trash and likes to hold lifters open which turns into valves slapping pistons. That was about a $3100 repair job. Then I had to replace the fuel pump assembly, master cylinder and brake booster over the summer. Then my radiator on my FJ80 crapped out after only 1 year. Then had to replace the starter literally the day before I posted it up for sale. My down payment on the Bronco has been dropping, that is why my patience has been growing thin. I love the Bronco and have been looking forward to it for years. I'm also sick of dumping money into my high mileage vehicles while I wait on Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You ordered a jeep after getting a VIN for a bronco, but didn't know the specs of the components on the jeep? And now you're not impressed with the jeep other than the wheels? I don't understand this thread. Are we supposed to feel bad for you? I think you should abandon the jeep order if that's not what you want. Remember most of us are still waiting for 2022 now.
I don't want anyone to feel bad for me. If anything don't be a dumbass like me and order a Jeep.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, that doesn't scream "Extreme" to me. It's ok, but nothing special (IMO).

With the shortage in vehicles now a days, I'm surprised you couldn't talk the dealership in giving you your deposit back... Or at minimum, half. They'll likely make it back (and then some) when they sell the Jeep to another customer.

OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did you lose $1000?
They require a $1000 down in order to place an order. "Non-Refundable" I ordered the Jeep the day I got the email from Ford saying we'll update you in two months.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well since Dec 2019 when I was on the market for a new vehicle I've had to rebuild my heads on my GMC because GM's Active Fuel Management is trash and likes to hold lifters open which turns into valves slapping pistons. That was about a $3100 repair job. Then I had to replace the fuel pump assembly, master cylinder and brake booster over the summer. Then my radiator on my FJ80 crapped out after only 1 year. Then had to replace the starter literally the day before I posted it up for sale. My down payment on the Bronco has been dropping, that is why my patience has been growing thin. I love the Bronco and have been looking forward to it for years. I'm also sick of dumping money into my high mileage vehicles while I wait on Ford.
I get this.
And it's a tough spot to be in.
You save, you sacrifice, you do what you can to get that nest egg built.
But something happens like you described.
Or your HVAC takes a crap for your house.
A surprise medical issue comes up.
Your trans goes out in your daily, or it needs new Cats, or suddenly you've discovered you have pushed those tires to the limit.
Anything can happen.
At those times it is disheartening to use your savings, but thankful they are there.
Then it leaves you with a depleted down payment.
If you can stomach the risk vs. investment and return, there are things you can gamble on and possibly win.
Getting a new vehicle and paying MSRP for it is not a great one.
Getting a new Jeep for the 6-7% below invoice is still a pricey gamble, but much easier recovered from. Still to gamble-y for me.

I don't know, OP.
If you see your area's market affords you the chance to at least break even, take the Jeep and flip it.
If you stand to lose more than your 1K, I'd walk. Or take delivery and drive it for a while, deal with the differences and apparent letdowns.
Tough spot.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They require a $1000 down in order to place an order. "Non-Refundable" I ordered the Jeep the day I got the email from Ford saying we'll update you in two months.
So a dealer is stuck with your Bronco order... they aren't stuck, they're probably elated. They'll make a pretty penny off of it. Yet they secured your "non-refundable" deposit for what reason? I'd have walked from that dealership at the very beginning when they mentioned "non-refundable deposit". They wouldn't have received my money in that situation.

Looks like your dealer played you in more than one way.

OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m calling BS here. Those are not the Fox shocks the Rubicon or the Xtreme are suppose to have. Something is off.

Larger brakes would be nice on the Badlands and Sasquatch though.
Jeep was smart by using the 392 Rubicon at the debut in Chicago when they announced the Xtreme Recon Package. It made all the morons like myself assume it was going to have a great suspension over the stock rubicon.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo you got exactly what they advertised to you and you’re disappointed?

Ford Bronco Not so "Xtreme" Recon Rubicon first delivery. 1631280350135

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know everyone's finances are different but doesn't seem like a great idea to be spending $50k+ on a vehicle of any kind if you have concerns of down payment dropping due to a wait for the vehicle. The Bronco is going to be a blast to drive but don't sacrifice your financial situation to get into one. It will be a lot easier to sleep at night not worrying about that $600-800 car payment due each month if you are in better spot to handle it. Not pointing this at anyone in particular but just thoughts that popped into my head when we are talking about $1000 mistake on a $55k vehicle.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get where you're coming from. Not knowing much about the Xtreme Recon package, I would assume it would look a lot different than the sport or sahara it's parked next to. Looks like a regular jeep with better wheels/tires. Doesn't look like you get much for $4k. Sasquatch on badlands is $2500 and is a pretty similar upgrade. (35's, beadlocks, better axle ratio, small lift).

Sponsored
OP
OP
NotGuilty

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know everyone's finances are different but doesn't seem like a great idea to be spending $50k+ on a vehicle of any kind if you have concerns of down payment dropping due to a wait for the vehicle. The Bronco is going to be a blast to drive but don't sacrifice your financial situation to get into one. It will be a lot easier to sleep at night not worrying about that $600-800 car payment due each month if you are in better spot to handle it. Not pointing this at anyone in particular but just thoughts that popped into my head when we are talking about $1000 mistake on a $55k vehicle.
I'm throwing down almost $30k. Losing a $1000 sucks but I'll be saving about $4k by keeping the Bronco over the Jeep. The Jeep order was a knee jerk reaction. I knew I screwed up about a week after I ordered when I did the Moab Off-Roadeo.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Gupton?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So a dealer is stuck with your Bronco order... they aren't stuck, they're probably elated. They'll make a pretty penny off of it. Yet they secured your "non-refundable" deposit for what reason? I'd have walked from that dealership at the very beginning when they mentioned "non-refundable deposit". They wouldn't have received my money in that situation.

Looks like your dealer played you in more than one way.
Now we need an @North7 Badlands to Squatch-like suspension comparison for Rubicon to Xtreme :ROFLMAO:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs