Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my first post. I was a bit hesitant to share this because I have seen how some of you rip on some posts boasting your extensive knowledge of cars and off-roading. But seeing this post on Instagram agitated my timidity away and drove me to share my elevated passion for the Bronco. No, I am not exaggerating when I say that seeing the the new 470hp Jeep caused me to love my Bronco order even more (haha). To explain my sentiment I have to add that I discovered my passion for off-roading in a Jeep. So yes, I have drove a Jeep (rental) on and off the pavement on a few occasions and I am hoping, based on the great information in this forum and additional research, that the Bronco is going to be an even better experience. Quite honestly I am extremely happy with my decision of waiting for the Bronco. Just looking at this Jeep, the aesthetics are all wrong. I could not see myself driving something that is not pleasing to my eye even if it was the most practical and capable. That is like marrying someone for their money! You will enjoy it to some extent, but deep down you are empty and sad. Seeing the gas milage 14mpg combined, just WOW! I get it, most of you will probably get on this thread and say, "well what do you expect?". Frankly, I do not expect anything as I am new to 4x4 capable vehicles and I do not know what I am getting into, but I am enthusiastically wanting to learn all about it. In the meantime, I am going to wait faithfully for My 2021 Badlands wearing a beautiful oxford white paint coat with all the "high" accessories to match. This will be the first car I will drive in 7 to 8 months since I sold my Mercedes and it will probably be difficult for my girl to get me out of it once I get it. I am looking forward to continue interacting with this community of awesome people and I hope I can learn from all of you as much as possible!

Cheers!
Ford Bronco Not sure if anyone has seen this post by Motortrend CD521AFE-1D5F-413D-B50F-B122C65A2DFE_1_105_c
Ford Bronco Not sure if anyone has seen this post by Motortrend E019737B-1051-4F1C-A507-BC190EB40004_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Not sure if anyone has seen this post by Motortrend 3A9C0CC5-FEA3-41A2-A893-6A38DCD4F233
Sponsored

Teko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say that for your 1st post, you're definitely making a splash. The MPG on that jeep rig is awful! Looking forward to seeing more or your contributions to the forum.

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welcome to the forums, and don't mind much what most people say. It's the internet, comes with the territory I guess.

I wouldnt mind a V8, but it isnt the end of the world. Going to be more than capable, but honestly if the numbers made sense, I wouldnt care if it was EV, and most people would hate on that too. Maybe I accept technology more easily being a computer engineer myself.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Welcome to the forums, and don't mind much what most people say. It's the internet, comes with the territory I guess.

I wouldnt mind a V8, but it isnt the end of the world. Going to be more than capable, but honestly if the numbers made sense, I wouldnt care if it was EV, and most people would hate on that too. Maybe I accept technology more easily being a computer engineer myself.
Avatar looks familiar. Are you coming form the 4Runner forum?

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't expect the Sasquatch with the 2.7TT to get much better than 14 in the real world. My Ranger with the 2.3T struggles to get above 17-18. My MKX with the 2.7TT gets about 20 MPG.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FCA doing FCA things... faced with waning interest in their tired products, and justified criticisms of slow evolution and technological advancement, they just crammed a bigger motor into an existing product.
True that!! I would like to drive one, but not own it. ;)

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't expect the Sasquatch with the 2.7TT to get much better than 14 in the real world. My Ranger with the 2.3T struggles to get above 17-18. My MKX with the 2.7TT gets about 20 MPG.
Agreed - my 4.0L Tacoma gets 20 mpg on the highway if I stretch it out. And that's wild a very mild lift and AT's, not 35's like the Bronco will have.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed - my 4.0L Tacoma gets 20 mpg on the highway if I stretch it out. And that's wild a very mild lift and AT's, not 35's like the Bronco will have.
Right. I'm buying a Base 2-door. Once I throw on 33" BFG KM3s that will add 125 pounds in weight, 100 of it unsprung, there is zero chance I hit fuel economy ratings. I'll be excited if hit 18-20.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't apply to this post but as long as you make some sort of attempt to search for a min or two before making a new thread, MOST* won't yell at you for not searching

*Some probably still will though

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome. Don't expect great gains in MPG with the Bronco. I agree that the Bronco's styling blows out the Jeeps, especially the dash. I couldn't stand living with the newer Jeeps Italian Red Dash. The Bronco's could be better, but still so much better to look at than the Jeep's
YMMV

eight=1010&bkgrnd=&resp=jpg&cut=&top=T_U&door=D_On.jpg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well, whether it's Bronco or Jeep shaped brick it's still a brick so while the Bronco may be better it's not coming with 470 horses to feed.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Avatar looks familiar. Are you coming form the 4Runner forum?
No, the avatar is a long time one around the forums for decades, so not surprised anyone else is using it. Never been on those forums myself.
Sponsored