Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I expect my bronco to get similar mpg as the F-150. If the bronco doesn't get at least 21-23 mpg combined or better I'd be pretty surprised.
I would be very surprised if I got 21-23 MPG in a Bronco. Especially since my Ranger has never gotten close. FWIW, I get better real world MPG with an F150 with the 3.5TT than I do my Ranger with the 2.3T. I drove my FILs F150 Platinum for a month and got 22 MPG.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it really comes down to use cases... The 392 Jeep is really going to be a niche market. For most of my driving, torque is more of a concern. I rarely drive fast off road... When I owned a Challenger SRT8, the engine was rated at 470 lb-ft of torque at the flywheel. The Bronco with the v6 is what, 400 lb-ft, and a lot lighter. There are going to be times when more torque and weight is desirable, but not often.

From my perspective, the 392 engine made sense on the Challenger or the Charger, or even the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but for something Wrangler or Bronco sized, I am not tracking the advantage, at least for my needs. I've had three Jeep Wranglers, a couple of Cherokees, and several Ram trucks over the years, but for the kind of driving I'm going to be doing in the western deserts, that V6 is going to serve me well.

OJ Simpson

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Jeep screwed the pooch on the pricing of the 392 Rubicon. Loaded it's $77K

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Not sure if anyone has seen this post by Motortrend 1615926093173

V6 Fuel Economy on the EPA website. I'm expecting the same official #'s on the Bronco, real world probably a MPG or two less.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guys doing Hemi swaps now are putting $100K into their rigs easily. Jeep is just getting a bigger chunk of the pie.

Also, they've opened it up to the people who just have too much money burning a hole in their pocket.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn! So this is what I can expect?
Hope for the best prepare for the worst. I do not think the monthly gas cost will be much different from when I had my Mercedes. I don't expect to drive much daily unless I am hitting a trail.
I averaged 20ish in my 2.7 F150. I'm expecting 18 or 19 on the Bronco.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't know these beasts took premium fuel to boot. Getting 13 mpg around town in a 392 would not be something I would sign up for. My uncle ordered one about a month or so ago so when it comes I will get pics and other reports back here.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually think the whole V8 thing is a novelty. "We" want it because it cannot be had. So it becomes the coveted item to attain status and exclusivity. My personal belief is that Jeep wont sell a ton of these and will simultaneously weaken significantly the aftermarket demand for V8 Jeeps. It's no longer exclusive, and if you have to have one, you can pick it up from the factory cheaper and with a warranty. Ultimately this is a lose-lose proposition for V8 Jeeps.

It's a market killer.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FCA doing FCA things... faced with waning interest in their tired products, and justified criticisms of slow evolution and technological advancement, they just crammed a bigger motor into an existing product.
Big engine + existing small car = worked just fine in the Muscle Car days...But cost $3,500, not $75,000

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 392 Wrangler is just a conversation piece. No one needs that engine for off roading, and no one in the right mind would buy it for that. When faced with competition the first thing FCA does is take an old platform, and throw a huge engine at it. It will be a niche marker at best.

My Wrangler JL with the 3.6L does everything it's supposed to do without grumbling. So, there's no need for a 392 unless I'm going to enter a d%^k measuring contest.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Warthog will be there too and it will not have a V8. A loaded Badlands is already at $60k.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bigger the tire, the more power needed to turn it. That's why people running 37"+ tires have been doing hemi swaps on their jeeps and other off road vehicles for years.
Or gearing, almost always gearing. Horsepower will let you do stuff faster but that was never the point of crawling. One glance at a tractor and you can see the emphasis on gearing over power.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember my first post.......nobody else does.
Sponsored