Sponsored

Not sure if right place, but some minor factory issues/dealership issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 39514
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 39514

Hello all. New to the forum. I have a base 2 door. Ordered in December built on may 3rd. It arrived the first week of June. My experience with the ordering process and the general dealership service has not been great as of thus far.

-During the ordering process my salesperson could not answer a single question I had about the vehicle while I was building it there.

-I was not given updates during the build or delivery, I had to check in repeatedly, they kept forgetting my name and my order

-When the vehicle was delivered they still were not able to answer any of my questions (at this point Iā€™ve been able to figure everything out on my own) they had zero clue as to how the hard tops or doors worked etcā€¦ which seems pretty weird when you can just watch a 5 minute video. You would think the people selling them and servicing would know these things.

- my tube doors arrived two weeks after the vehicle. I asked for them to adjust the shims, because I didnā€™t want to deal with it. The doors were WAAAAAYYYYYY off from fitting properly When I went to pick it up they still had the tube doors on even though I told them to put the regular doors back on and they told me if they took them off now all the shims would have to come out as well. Because they didnā€™t understand how the doors come off and on. The technician thought you had to remove the entire hinge assembly. I felt pretty weird having to explain to the ford dealership how the doors work. (I should probably specify, they told me to bring them in if they were fitting wonky when they were delivered)

- other minor things: they damaged my cargo Bay Area throwing the tube doors in the back unprotected (I had them wrapped in protective material for the drive down, they threw it away). They damaged some loose bolts tightening them. The bolts were loose from the factory they missed that during the initial inspection. I brought it back for an additional inspection. There was paint bubbling on the fenders I factory ordered from ford. The dealership didnā€™t know what to do about that.

Iā€™m just starting to feel concerned that if I ever have to take it in for more serious service they seem to be so largely unknowledgable about these vehicles they will miss major things or do more damageā€¦ is anyone else having this problem? What should I do? Try a different dealership? I live pretty rural the next one is almost 2 hours away.

It just seems weird to me I would know more about the bronco features and servicing than the dealership would. I donā€™t really consider myself to be incredibly knowledgeable but I did SOME research. Iā€™m sure most people here know more than I do.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Between the two dealers within 30 minutes of me they have seen less than 10 Broncos. Even fewer back for service. You would hope on the sales side at least one person would take the time to learn about what they are selling. On the service side. There is just too much info for each vehicle and until a tech gets one in and look up procedures there no way in heck they will know the details. As for the shims and doors. The info should be in the ford service database as how to install them and the tech should look up how to do any procedure. Sound like the may have skipped the computer or the info is not there yet. My guess they didnā€™t bother to look up the procedure. As a former auto body technician itā€™s humanly impossible to know all facets of every model car. Thatā€™s why service manuals exist.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

YouTube.com

Overall customer service and give a shitness has been declining in this country for years. I have opinions and a theory on why but will resist sharing here.

Every once in awhile you find a diamond in the rough(GrangerFord) and you stick with them and avoid the rest of the clowns if possible.

Also helps to set your expectations for decent service with everything else very lowā€¦

lower

OP
OP

Deleted member 39514

Youā€™re very lucky.
I was and I am very thankful for that. Iā€™m not sure how it arrived so fast but it was a nice surprise. I figured because I am also in Canada it would take much longer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 39514

YouTube.com

Overall customer service and give a shitness has been declining in this country for years. I have opinions and a theory on why but will resist sharing here.

Every once in awhile you find a diamond in the rough(GrangerFord) and you stick with them and avoid the rest of the clowns if possible.

Also helps to set your expectations for decent service with everything else very lowā€¦

lower

YouTube has been my friend as of late.

You are probably spot on. The last vehicle I purchased was back in 2018 and the service was absolutely outstanding the entire time I owned it. I guess maybe that last experience set my expectations too high.

I have noticedā€¦ service everywhere seems to be declining. Being someone who works with the public myself I try to do my best to make everyoneā€™s experience a bit betterā€¦ I know it isnā€™t much but with the way things are now I just try a little harder to do my part to help.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never, ever had a sales guy / accessories guy / dealer have any clue how to operate a vehicle I was buying from them. It's hilarious how their job is to sell these things they know nothing about, except maybe that they have tires. The 'most' knowledgeable I've seen is one of them knowing how to link a phone to the sync system.

Even the Chevy dealer I got my Corvette from didn't know how to operate the convertible top.

OP
OP

Deleted member 39514

I have never, ever had a sales guy / accessories guy / dealer have any clue how to operate a vehicle I was buying from them. It's hilarious how their job is to sell these things they know nothing about, except maybe that they have tires. The 'most' knowledgeable I've seen is one of them knowing how to link a phone to the sync system.

Even the Chevy dealer I got my Corvette from didn't know how to operate the convertible top.
Dayum. Maybe I just got lucky on my last vehicle purchase the salespeople and techs were obsessively knowledgeable and helpful. They knew the oddest small obscure details about that vehicle. But maybe they were just enthusiasts. It was a jeep. Coming from a family who has a long history owning jeeps I understand the fan base around them haha it can be a bit obsessive.

OP
OP

Deleted member 39514

ALL IN ALL. I do want to say as far as the bronco itself goes itā€™s šŸ‘Œ Iā€™ve only put 1100km on it so far but I am in love. Feels good to be back in a manual and I plan to keep this vehicle for life. No major issues as of yet and hoping all will be well. Itā€™s my favourite vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned so far aside from my silly 76 maverick that was totalled by someone on their phone. RIP maverick.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a bunch of us who ordered Base 2-Doors almost a year before you did. We are still waiting for ours to be built.

I would count your Bronco experience to be an extrordinarilly good and lucky one.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all. New to the forum. I have a base 2 door. Ordered in December built on may 3rd. It arrived the first week of June. My experience with the ordering process and the general dealership service has not been great as of thus far.

-During the ordering process my salesperson could not answer a single question I had about the vehicle while I was building it there.

-I was not given updates during the build or delivery, I had to check in repeatedly, they kept forgetting my name and my order

-When the vehicle was delivered they still were not able to answer any of my questions (at this point Iā€™ve been able to figure everything out on my own) they had zero clue as to how the hard tops or doors worked etcā€¦ which seems pretty weird when you can just watch a 5 minute video. You would think the people selling them and servicing would know these things.

- my tube doors arrived two weeks after the vehicle. I asked for them to adjust the shims, because I didnā€™t want to deal with it. The doors were WAAAAAYYYYYY off from fitting properly When I went to pick it up they still had the tube doors on even though I told them to put the regular doors back on and they told me if they took them off now all the shims would have to come out as well. Because they didnā€™t understand how the doors come off and on. The technician thought you had to remove the entire hinge assembly. I felt pretty weird having to explain to the ford dealership how the doors work. (I should probably specify, they told me to bring them in if they were fitting wonky when they were delivered)

- other minor things: they damaged my cargo Bay Area throwing the tube doors in the back unprotected (I had them wrapped in protective material for the drive down, they threw it away). They damaged some loose bolts tightening them. The bolts were loose from the factory they missed that during the initial inspection. I brought it back for an additional inspection. There was paint bubbling on the fenders I factory ordered from ford. The dealership didnā€™t know what to do about that.

Iā€™m just starting to feel concerned that if I ever have to take it in for more serious service they seem to be so largely unknowledgable about these vehicles they will miss major things or do more damageā€¦ is anyone else having this problem? What should I do? Try a different dealership? I live pretty rural the next one is almost 2 hours away.

It just seems weird to me I would know more about the bronco features and servicing than the dealership would. I donā€™t really consider myself to be incredibly knowledgeable but I did SOME research. Iā€™m sure most people here know more than I do.
You ordered fenders from the factory? Is this an extra pair or the ones on your Bronco?

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

My dealer wouldn't let me test drive the Bronco they had until I put down my $500 deposit. During the drive, my salesman told me towing was 2500 lb limit; I corrected him to 3500 lb but he insisted the limit was 2500. Also said that there were 2 way speakers in the top of the dash and 1 way speakers in the rear, for "6" speakers. I told him there were speakers in the kicker panels, but he insisted that there weren't. That was over 5 months ago and I haven't heard a thing from him since. I guess they'll let anyone "sell" Broncos these days because they sell themselves, and they just need a warm body to do the paperwork.
Sponsored