Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok so I was FINALLY able to see a Bronco in person this weekend at the Houston Auto Show. I wont bore with the details since there are a million threads about peoples opinion. I will say this though the exterior of the bronco with the Sasquatch is a must it gives the car a presence and the MGV was much better then the leather I sat in. I was also able to see a modified version with 37's with a lift which looked amazing.

I'm curious for the people that have seen the car. Did the back seat seem underwhelming to you? As a frame of reference one of my friends who is 6"4 who sat in the front was there and I sat in the back seat at 5"6 and I was extremely cramped. This is also going to be a daily driver for me with kids or friends riding in the back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“One day have kids in”? Dude, if you don’t even have kids yet....this thing is PLENTY big for these future kids backseat comfort for the next decade and a half at least. I actually thought the back seat was fine for me for normal trips, at 6’1” 205...my kids will have plenty of room for any length trip.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm 5"10 as is my son. We didn't have any issue with the Bronco front and back seats in terms of space. Noticed a lot of headroom as well.

Might be frame of reference though. Other than our minivan (which I hate driving), our other vehicles are smaller. But I recall some guy with an Expedition complaining about Bronco being too small.

MaxLD

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The backseats were underwhelming, lack of flip-down cup holder/armrest from the middle seat seems to be a big part of the problem in my opinion. I am 5' 10 and I found the seats to be fairly comfortable, but I'm sure you'd get cramped up a bit during a long road trip. It will be suitable for kids however, and would overall be a good daily driver... as long as you don't pay attention to the MPG. But realistically, we're not buying a Bronco for the MPG. I'm sure the kids will LOVE growing up with such a vehicle in the family that will sure create great memories for many years to come.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 5"10 as is my son. We didn't have any issue with the Bronco front and back seats in terms of space. Noticed a lot of headroom as well.

Might be frame of reference though. Other than our minivan (which I hate driving), our other vehicles are smaller. But I recall some guy with an Expedition complaining about Bronco being too small.
We have an SUV as well and thats probably why I thought it was a little small. I'm used to having an unlimited amount of leg room lol. Its not just the "kids" portion though. I also have a pretty large kennel I normally put in the back seat since we do a ton of road trips with our dog.

I went in there with the expectation it was going to be the same size as the wrangler since I've owned one before and that's exactly what it was. I will say the front did have some more elbow room then my previous wrangler.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like plenty of room back there from the driver seat. :p GTG.

Reactions: Axe

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like it was made for me,, no wife and no kids. Just 2 Bernese Mtn dogs that will do fine with the back seat folded down.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sat in the back seat at 5"6 and I was extremely cramped. This is also going to be a daily driver for me
Is your chauffeur going to be doing your daily drive? If so, I see the problem. At least you can install a fridge in the cargo area for your grey poupon.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so I was FINALLY able to see a Bronco in person this weekend at the Houston Auto Show. I wont bore with the details since there are a million threads about peoples opinion. I will say this though the exterior of the bronco with the Sasquatch is a must it gives the car a presence and the MGV was much better then the leather I sat in. I was also able to see a modified version with 37's with a lift which looked amazing.

I'm curious for the people that have seen the car. Did the back seat seem underwhelming to you? As a frame of reference one of my friends who is 6"4 who sat in the front was there and I sat in the back seat at 5"6 and I was extremely cramped. This is also going to be a daily driver for me with kids or friends riding in the back.
If you’re 5’6” I’d venture a wager that your kids will not be 6’4” and space in the backseat will be sufficient for your diminutive future rug rats......however, if they are 6’4”, you need to have a conversation with the significant other🙂. Perhaps by then the Bronco Will have 3rd row seating (which will have even the 4dr crowd saying it’s not a true Bronco) and all will be resolved.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We all know the the driver seat is the only one that matters.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe your buddy that’s 6’4” was just trying to cramp your style... just a thought

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get shorter friends.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm 6' 5" and my son is eleven and over 5'. I moved the driver seat as far back as it goes and made him sit behind. He had plenty of room to grow into. Now when my son becomes taller than me he is not going to want to sit behind me.

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very few cars in this bracket are going to be comfortable to sit behind a 6'4" person in the front seat... said by a 6'4" person who claims shotgun or drives everywhere.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like you're another victim of inaccurate or unreasonable expectations. Sorry you're unsure, and probably disappointed. There will be plenty more like you, once the mannequins arrive at the dealerships and people find out that the Bronco was not designed nor intended to be....

a convertible full sized SUV (5th gen Bronco, Expedition, Tahoe or Suburban) with plenty of leg room, shoulder room and cargo space, built to haul the family (dogs included) across the continent in relative comfort and with the kitchen sink; or a competitor to luxury SUVs (Land Rovers, Land Cruisers, etc.) with all the tech, trim and posh amenities.

The 6G Bronco was designed and developed to compete with the Jeep Wrangler (a mid sized, nimble, fun, "affordable" and very capable off-road machine), PERIOD. Ford nailed that! If Ford gave it more leg room, hip room, cargo space, towing capacity, lux ride, etc., the Bronco would be just another friggin SUV (like Chevy's pathetic new Blazer). If people can't live with the trade off, then they should buy something else.

The above is not aimed at the OP. It's just my rant at all those out there telling Ford what they need to do to make it just another mediocre SUV (lux or not) for the highway and maintained "dirt" roads.
Sponsored