Not your average ordinary manual transmission (2.3 MT)

JoeSpeed

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly Mustang and Audi, currently Ram
Bronco
Badlands
I posted a review on auto stop install under another old username lol. You dont really need tools to do it. Maybe a screw driver and elbow grease. Awesome little upgrade! Get a sprint booster as well.
thats the plan
Advertisement

zombie

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Soft top (manual!)
Bronco
Badlands
I guess I'm just spoiled because I don't live in a large city, but unless you put the transmission in neutral and let the clutch out, you'll never experience auto-stop. Completely not an issue for me :)

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
I guess I'm just spoiled because I don't live in a large city, but unless you put the transmission in neutral and let the clutch out, you'll never experience auto-stop. Completely not an issue for me :)
Doing that will fry your clutch sooner :)

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Bronco
Base
Dealer called me to come in and put my order in ,first day res 2020. I go in with gf and we are talking and somehow I put 2.7 on the order form ,as we left gf says oh good now I can drive it too.
Sometime aroun 2:30 am I wake in a cold sweat and I call dealer at 7 am cancel the 2.7 give me the stick ! Whew that was close.

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Dealer called me to come in and put my order in ,first day res 2020. I go in with gf and we are talking and somehow I put 2.7 on the order form ,as we left gf says oh good now I can drive it too.
Sometime aroun 2:30 am I wake in a cold sweat and I call dealer at 7 am cancel the 2.7 give me the stick ! Whew that was close.
Good man

wrbix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

You kids these days with all your fancy gadgets!
I learned to drive in a late ‘50s VW beetle - MT of course, no fuel gauge (reserve tank), had to raise the front bonnet to fuel up, AM radio, carbon monoxide rich heater, 6v electrics, and the best feature of all - front wing vent windows…..how I wish those were still extant! Those 30 or so horses would get be anywhere though - busted through many a snowbank with seasonally applied snow tires.

……..now get off my lawn!

Zeke013

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Bronco
Badlands

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Bronco
Badlands
Doing that will fry your clutch sooner :)
It shouldn't. When either 100% depressed or engaged, there is no friction on the clutch plates. Keeping the clutch depressed does put stress on the throw out bearing, but that's what they are designed for.

The only clutch killing habit that I am aware of was a person who rested their foot on the clutch pedal while driving. Burnt the thing out several times. 😂

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Bronco
Big Bend
Maybe I'm just oldschool but this manual transmission set up is rad.

3 Reasons, amongst others I won't mention to save time + bonus.

1. I love how if I forget to turn off the ebrake, it automatically turns itself off when I begin moving forward or reverse. Just get in and go. This is an awesome feature in a MT.

2. Happened 2 weeks ago. If you are on an incline, normally when you press the clutch in the vehicle will roll backwards. Not in bronco. Press the clutch on a hill and its doesn't budge like you have the brakes on. After about 5 seconds with clutch pressed though the vehicle will start to roll bc the clutch brake will disengage. This is an awesome feature in a MT.

3. Just happened today. My first bronco engine stall pulling in my driveway. Happens even to the best of us haha. Bit not 9ften. Anyway Im glad it happened because when I went to manually restart the engine (press clutch and press start button) the bronco decided to RE-START ITSELF ON ITS OWN when I pressed the clutch!!! This kicks ass.

I want to teach my someday teen driver how to drive on a manual trans but was a bit skeptical in bronco. Not anymore. Between these features and MyKey...should be a breeze. Plus its a big safe tank :)

Bonus. Might sound stupid but somebody pulled in front of me and I was coming in hot. The pre-collision warning system then popped on (set to highest sensitivity in nav screen). It made a unique noise and warning light came on dash. It works even with 3 inch lift, 37s and steel bumper. Good. Question though. Will the pre-collision system auto brake for you if you dont react in time or is it just a visual/audible collision warning system??

-The End
I got my MT Bronco yesterday. I'm 62 and have had my share of manuals, but nothing new for a while. I'm so glad I got the stick. I love the Bronco's tight gear box. It's so much fun to drive. I had read about your #2 but noticed it iim action for the first time at a hilltop red light. It's pretty cool.

I was unaware of your point #1 and until I read it, thought maybe I forgot to put my parking brake on, a few times. I'm glad I read your post - I was starting to think I'm getting more forgetful than I already am.

With regard to your #3, I haven't stalled out yet, but it's good to know that when I inevitably do, all I have to do is press in the clutch.

I learned to drive a stick on a then old Beatle back in 1975. I taught my now grown kids on a beat up Wrangler with a loose gar box. I' glad we all learned old school, but the Bronco's new manual features are fantastic.

Thanks for sharing what you discovered!

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Bronco
Outer Banks
I learned in an early 90s Nissan hardbody pickup with my Dad. We stalled in the middle of a busy intersection and my dad totally lost his shit. 😂

Baconator

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I added the auto stop eliminator and sprint booster to help improve my driving experience and more security too (digital pedal lock). I suggest getting both products...
OK I understand the auto stop eliminator. I haven't owned a MT in a long time, but the MT is one of the reasons I want the Bronco. The MT Bronco will be my daily driver, 15 minute commute, mostly rural/suburban roads. Can you explain, in layman's terms, why I would want/need the sprint booster?

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
OK I understand the auto stop eliminator. I haven't owned a MT in a long time, but the MT is one of the reasons I want the Bronco. The MT Bronco will be my daily driver, 15 minute commute, mostly rural/suburban roads. Can you explain, in layman's terms, why I would want/need the sprint booster?
It makes the vehicle safer and much more enjoyable to drive (almost like the old days). It almost eliminates throttle lag which has been a pain on all cars since every vehicle switched to electronic throttle body's back in 2005. It also helps sustain revs in between shifts, works with auto or manual trans (see switch on controller) and I've had it in all my cars since I began using them in 2017. Every car I buy its the first mod I do. You can turn it off while installed if you dont want to use it, but I doubt that will ever happen unless you want to feel the difference. It doesn't void warranty, add power or re-program the vehicle in any way. It has valet mode and pedal lock mode too. You will likely never use the valet mode as its more for high power sports cars, but the pedal lock is awesome extra protection against theft. Its so good I will give you my keys with it armed and 30 minutes to figure out how to get it moving again...wont happen. The booster really excels on 4cyl turbo cars along with 6cyl. It also has some other features, one I like I like it so much...I sell them WHOLESALE. So dont ask. But their website if you want one is below where you can find more info. The version 3 model came out a few years ago but these units have been available since 2007 with zero issues sold globally. Best mod to my bronco by far. Takes 30 min to install, half the time just waiting for the CAN b us system to turn off AND easy to uninstall just repeat the install process in reverse. Hope this helps!!

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Badlands
ALMOST stall proof ..... if you have the discipline, pull your foot completely off the gas, slowly release the clutch, the motor will rev slightly and the truck will launch as you complete the motion.
Now try it a bit quicker, it revs more ...

I figured it wouldbe great to teach HoosierDaughter ... told her it's damn near stall proof, you can't kill it.
She stalled it about 20 times before I made her get out, LOL.
Next time, maybe .... but she will learn a manual if it's the last thing ..... lol
Taught both my kids how to drive a stick. Both their first cars were stick. I tease my daughter because she has zero automatic functions in her car. I told her nothing's free, if you want auto you have to work for it. I am now in the position to be able to teach my step-son how to drive one, can't wait to get my Bronco.

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Taught both my kids how to drive a stick. Both their first cars were stick. I tease my daughter because she has zero automatic functions in her car. I told her nothing's free, if you want auto you have to work for it. I am now in the position to be able to teach my step-son how to drive one, can't wait to get my Bronco.
Amen Brother

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts
Advertisement