Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tonight I got home, and my Bronco won't stop a repetitive chime from the rear of the vehicle. Sounds like it's from the underside. It does it vehicle on/off, driving forward, driving reverse, parked outside, inside. I went and got gas to do a brief drive cycle, and strangely, it did not chime when parked to get gas. I drive home, and as soon as I hit the driveway, it fired back up. Turned off all parking sensors, driver attentive, lane departure, etc. Disconnecting the battery did not stop it, either. I feel like I'm fighting a smoke detector with a low battery that you can't reset.

EDIT: Overhead garage door opener backup battery failed. Beep beep! Nothing at all wrong with the Bronco, just my brain and my garage door opener.
Sponsored

Last edited:

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe someone planted a Apple Airtag tracker. They make a weird chime. If you have a iphone you would get a notification of it being present. If you dont have iphone i think you can get a app to notify you. Not likely what you are hearing but it’s possible.

OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone planted a Apple Airtag tracker. They make a weird chime. If you have a iphone you would get a notification of it being present. If you dont have iphone i think you can get a app to notify you. Not likely what you are hearing but it’s possible.
Thanks, nothing detected there. The Bronco "chimes" every 30 seconds. My wife, son, and I have been all over it and can't figure out where it's coming from.

Now that I mentioned it earlier, the sound resembles a smoke detector with a weak battery.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not the headlight knob accidentally bumped off of the Auto setting? That threw me for a loop a few times

OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not the headlight knob accidentally bumped off of the Auto setting? That threw me for a loop a few times
Not that, either. I did check that. This has me stumped. It sounds like it's coming from outside of the vehicle.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, nothing detected there. The Bronco "chimes" every 30 seconds. My wife, son, and I have been all over it and can't figure out where it's coming from.

Now that I mentioned it earlier, the sound resembles a smoke detector with a weak battery.
I hate to ask this but... Do you have a smoke detector in your garage that has a low battery (was your garage door open when you heard it in the driveway)???

3 Reasons I ask:

1. You said you didn't hear it at the gas station.

2. You said it sounded like a smoke detector with a low battery.

3. I currently have a smoke detector in my garage with a low battery that is beeping like that (and I've been too lazy to fix it).

OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to ask this but... Do you have a smoke detector in your garage that has a low battery (was your garage door open when you heard it in the driveway)???

3 Reasons I ask:

1. You said you didn't hear it at the gas station.

2. You said it sounded like a smoke detector with a low battery.

3. I currently have a smoke detector in my garage with a low battery that is beeping like that (and I've been too lazy to fix it).
I do wish it was that simple. I've pulled it outside, and the noise is definitely coming from the Bronco. No smoke detector in the garage. It's still doing it this morning. I"m sure this is going to be something that when I get it to the dealer, it won't do it there.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tonight I got home, and my Bronco won't stop a repetitive chime from the rear of the vehicle. Sounds like it's from the underside. It does it vehicle on/off, driving forward, driving reverse, parked outside, inside. I went and got gas to do a brief drive cycle, and strangely, it did not chime when parked to get gas. I drive home, and as soon as I hit the driveway, it fired back up. Turned off all parking sensors, driver attentive, lane departure, etc. Disconnecting the battery did not stop it, either. I feel like I'm fighting a smoke detector with a low battery that you can't reset.
Do you have any enemies?

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I"m sure this is going to be something that when I get it to the dealer, it won't do it there.
100%
There is an unexplainable phenomenon that guarantees it will disappear for whatever time you are at the dealer and they will think you have no idea what you are talking about.

News Report at 11
Is your car gaslighting you?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, no. The newer Broncos have this new sensor.

The sound you are hearing is the engine oil sensor, telling you that it is 1 quart short! 😁🙄🤥
It could be the tie rod sensor o_O:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::oops:

OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so I"m an idiot, which I'm sure was the expected outcome. It's the physical overhead garage door opener backup battery. I shoulda waited to post until the morning...
Sponsored

Last edited: