Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They spend good money to create their content (albeit spoon fed product to them for free by Ford, since they are a hired firm), so they have a right to own their content.

This isn't China. Our nation has longstanding traditions regarding property and digital ownership. That 6G users would "like" free and unfettered access to content that Bronco Nation expended resources to produce does not make it a valid claim to have access to that content.

If you do not defend your trademark and content then you will lose the rights to it. Bronco Nation will have many members with the Bronco rolling out now. But it won't survive in any meaningful way without user content very long after MY22. Likely, the objective is not to survive in the long term, simply to be the cameras and video content for Ford since a player that large generally doesn't facilitate that sort of content on a piecemeal basis (and I worked next to the Microsoft Studio back when the produced 100% of their product images and training videos for retailers/end-users..... Oh so long ago).

Ultimately, the success of 6G will reside with it's members and users producing the content to retain memberships and valuable information for fellow users. There is an incredibly long line of vehicle-specific automotive forums which have come and gone along with the tides of vehicle sales.

Bronco8G is coming and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it!
Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dunno, sorry to be a voice of reason. Not as much fun, I know.
Don't know any details but appreciate someone willing to stand up in the crowd of pitchfork holders and give pause.

Sometimes we can be 12 Angry Men or participants in the Oxbow Incident.

Not trying to say what BN did wasn't stupid, but enough anger going around in the country it is nice to see someone taking a deep breath.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently BN has just above 100,000 members. . Agreed, everyone close out their membership. Let’s get it down below 50,000. I’m out of there.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A few have hit on this but any pics on here have been under Fair Use. I'm not a lawyer but here's Section 107 of the Copyright Act:

https://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107

107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They spend good money to create their content (albeit spoon fed product to them for free by Ford, since they are a hired firm), so they have a right to own their content.

This isn't China. Our nation has longstanding traditions regarding property and digital ownership. That 6G users would "like" free and unfettered access to content that Bronco Nation expended resources to produce does not make it a valid claim to have access to that content.

If you do not defend your trademark and content then you will lose the rights to it. Bronco Nation will have many members with the Bronco rolling out now. But it won't survive in any meaningful way without user content very long after MY22. Likely, the objective is not to survive in the long term, simply to be the cameras and video content for Ford since a player that large generally doesn't facilitate that sort of content on a piecemeal basis (and I worked next to the Microsoft Studio back when the produced 100% of their product images and training videos for retailers/end-users..... Oh so long ago).

Ultimately, the success of 6G will reside with it's members and users producing the content to retain memberships and valuable information for fellow users. There is an incredibly long line of vehicle-specific automotive forums which have come and gone along with the tides of vehicle sales.

Bronco8G is coming and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it!
While that is true legally, you can't help but appreciate those who actually help your cause and share your content. Most of it has been with attribution. This is what you want when you're marketing since it drives customers back to YOU!! Hellllloooo? Did they miss the first class?

It's much like what the NFL does to restrict use of the name.....uh, the Big Game, you know? But in their case, folks try to profit from that use with 2 for 1 wings and cheap beer and who knows what? Exactly who is profiting here from using Bronco State info?

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently BN has just above 100,000 members. . Agreed, everyone close out their membership. Let’s get it down below 50,000. I’m out of there.
Their number this morning was just under 2100. Whatever it says now is either a comically artificial inflation or a sign of a site admin struggling to run a subroutine over and over and over as hundreds of members cancel.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
never really cared for Bronco Nation as they seem to be very full of themselves. never helpfull at all i have asked questions in the past to them with no response. way to play the favorites card. ive been in the industry for 2 decades and when people like this try to pedal there agenda i can care less. I'll stick to this forum as it has shared much more wealth of knowlege that bronco nation. all they want is subscriptions. We'll see how they do when more members here blaze their own paths.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure they fluffed that hard...it went from 2,700 to 100,000+ almost overnight. They must claim youtube views as members or something....If you think they really have that many, go look at how absolutely sleepy their forum is and how few posts there are per day, and then let me know if you think they really have that many members. 0.0% chance. They have only 3k messages on their main forum...this place has almost 200k. They don't have 100k members.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

for me its the principle of the matter. theres too much censorship already ongoing with social media. I dont want to jump on a bandwagon just like the cancel culture we already. a hive mind can do a lot of damage that isnt warranted. I want to stay above that. they are inflicting their own damage.

like others have said, comment your feelings but no need to try to cancel them from IG.
Oh crap i just realized i was following them on IG, unfollowed.
4ea-gif.gif

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't understand it, but there's always been hate from here for BN, by many. Seems like two enthusiast sites for the same passion could coexist, but what do I know. I would prefer not to pick sides in my quest for information and enjoyment. I will share a recent example of what a possible side of this issue may be:

The other day I responded to a member here that wished they could see pics of the orange Wildtrack that was next to another rig. I saw a bunch of pics on BN, so I posted the LINK, to the thread on BN. I'm willing to bet links would have been fine left alone, because they drive traffic. But someone here (I can only assume an admin) started a new thread in my name, removed the link, and posted all the pictures. That tells me they didn't want to drive traffic over there. This is probably just one example of content not getting it's proper credit, if you will. All the information graphs that someone takes a bunch of time to generate, and then to have it used in such a way that people searching the internet find it here, instead of where it was first published. I can see how that would be frustrating, had it been my information on my website. I dunno, sorry to be a voice of reason. Not as much fun, I know.
To be clear, the biggest difference between Bronco Nation and Bronco6G is that the former is a commercial enterprise: they are only interested in creating an "enthusiast community" to the extent that it drives web traffic to their site and gets people to sign up for their service ("memberships"). Pictures of these cars are their product offering, and they don't necessarily want people to view them in a way that doesn't equate to some sort of financial gain (either through visiting their site and/or social media channels). That is what drove their reps to block picture takers from this site at SuperCel West, and that's what driving this action. There are a lot of Bronco enthusiast websites out there that have info on the Bronco, but only BN seems to think of those other sources as competitors, and I think that, along with the sheer artificiality of the whole thing, is what drives the hostility towards them on this site.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would think there would be no legal standing for sharing a link that directs to their site, I'm thinking more photos and docs that are saved and reposted here so they can be seen WITHOUT redirecting to BN. But the MAN says no links........

(maybe he's just trying to cut their traffic because they are being petty!)

at any rate a simple "guys BN posted XXXXXX, if you google I'm sure you can find it, wink wink!" will work in the future.
Only we need a different code word instead of BN, like...
"The people who don't eat pineapple pizza just posted..."

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who the heck puts corn on pizza? Where's the pineapple? ?
When I was on vacation in Germany, in 2019, one person of my tour group ordered a 'Hawaiian' pizza that had pineapple and corn on it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I saw it just under 2100 about an hour ago. Then it jumped to 100022. Then back to 2093. Now it's at 100023.

Just another sign of the bull$h!t we should all expect when marketing/PR firms try to persuade us how we should view a company's products.
Just a guess, but they could have started the digital memberships at 100001

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford pays them to create the content for marketing purposes, they are spending Ford's money, not their own.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.