Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Plan?
Eliminate our jobs and decrease website traffic by removing all of our content and links from the one place driving 90% of our traffic and memberships.

Ford Bronco NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update] nathan-for-you
Sponsored

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a lawyer but:
  1. You should ask for permission, maybe they’ll grant us permission to all or a subset of media
  2. HTTP links is not something that can be copyrighted. It’d be like copyrighting a citation. So instead of posting the media, post a link to it. That’s actually a more fair thing to do anyway

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well here is what I think of that:

I really don't **** **. I think it's ****.
I would like to express my ***like of it. The following is my specific ****ique:

The *** **** ***** or **** ***. ******* Sasquatch (TM) *** *** a ***** **** and ***.

[Redacted with "***" in places, because I don't like lawyer hourly rates.]
You misspelled *****.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Bronco6G users,

We have received the following takedown notice from counsel for Jackson Dawson Communications -- Ford’s marketing firm who owns and operates Bronco Nation. The notice requests the removal of all Bronco Nation materials.

Please DO NOT post any further content and links from Bronco Nation. Any such content and links will be removed without prior notice.

Ford Bronco NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update] nathan-for-you

Sorry for all the inconvenience this will cause. But, clearly this policy isn’t our choice.

Boooooo!

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ironically, this Bronco6g.com website is responsible for many, many current memberships to the Mustang Club of America, me included. I will likely never own a Mustang, but I'm a paying member because it's going to save me money on my Bronco. But I'll never need or want to pay to join Bronco Nation, mostly out of the principle of the thing.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Several years ago, I put online a bunch of info about a slot car project. Later I found someone took that info, and passed it off as their own. It was a lot of original work product, diagrammed, photographed, written and assembled by me. Afterward I started watermarking my photos. So, I get the idea of protecting certain original type of content.

On the other hand, what Ford does is news. Ford deciding to kind of freeze out the public, and disseminate info about their business and products through some Ford approved channel, is more of a gray area. If a person working for BN writes an original essay and analysis, you would not want to see that fully posted on 6G, especially without acknowledgment. But some other info is news. That can include photos and some other info, as much as Ford might try to channel only through BN, if considered news and with proper acknowledgement.

And I recall the report here on 6G a few months ago, of a BN rep apparently trying to get in the way of a 6G forum member, who was trying to photograph and get info at an early Bronco event. Sorry BN but it doesn't work that way, and you don't have exclusive right to newsworthy items and what would normally be considered public information about a company and their products.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, and that was written by a "Well-Known" member from here. ?
Ooh Ooh... who is it? Wait I'm a "Well-Known" member... ? Then again, have like 10 posts and you're well known ?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Bronco Nation did not adequately protect their digital content does not mean it is free for the taking. Ford doesn't have locking fuel doors, does that mean all fuel in vehicles tanks that don't have locking fuel doors is "community property"? I'm not going to lie, i've used the Oklahoma Credit Card a few times to gather gas while young and following my fathers poor examples, doesn't mean it was allowed.

There is also a process one organization (Bronco6g for example) could take to request access to that trademarked content. That wasn't done. Instead watermarks were retained and used in lieu of.
Here in Oklahoma we call it "Rick's Credit Card"

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BN site is dog shit.
Let em burn. It will come.
Water seeks its own level.

And while we are at it let's all pitch in and buy the millennial that did the white Bronco walk around video some underpants to house his vienna for christ sakes.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Doug!!! (@Administrator), can we have a 24 hour Hall Pass so we can go F*^K up some BN B!tch3s?? Please? ?

**This message will probably self destruct shortly, so be happy if you got to read it ?‍♂

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at that website initially since it was linked through Ford's Bronco homepage. I can understand that they want it to be the be all and end all. But it never took off.

I saw 6G moments later, saw the history and user activity, and never looked back.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooh Ooh... who is it? Wait I'm a "Well-Known" member... ? Then again, have like 10 posts and you're well known ?
Don't want to post their username, but they use the same name over there as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.