Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear Bronco6G users,

We have received the following takedown notice from counsel for Jackson Dawson Communications -- Ford’s marketing firm who owns and operates Bronco Nation. The notice requests the removal of all Bronco Nation materials.

Please DO NOT post any further content and links from Bronco Nation. Any such content and links will be removed without prior notice.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 6.10.40 PM.png

Sorry for all the inconvenience this will cause. But, clearly this policy isn’t our choice.
wowwww. 0% chance of any of my money going to support Bronco nation now
Sponsored

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

UPDATE:

Jackson Dawson has just reached out to us to explain that the take down notice was sent by an "over-zealous legal representative" without their approval. They have proposed a reconciliatory approach moving forward, which we totally agree with.

Going forward, for any stories or content from Bronco Nation that is posted on Bronco6G, please also provide credit to them.

**For the record: Bronco6G has NEVER removed any Bronco Nation watermarks. All of the threads they listed in their takedown notice had BN watermarked content.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and a Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Correction: We have NEVER removed Bronco Nation's watermarks.

ALL of the threads they listed in their takedown notice had BN watermarked images/content.
I suspect it's users doing it on their own and posting them.

But hey, that's the same thing, right? /sarcasm

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...in the wind?

As a former Californian... kinda the same level of d-baggery

Lots of case law not requiring anything more than pseudonymizing stuff, but you may be able to argue about what might be able to identify you since your verbiage and even keystroke patterns are fairly unique

If you are using inflated numbers as an assertion of authority to attract members for a profit, then it could be subject to truth in advertising laws.

I stated that I was requesting deletion of account, content, and any references to me. Whether or not they comply, I received the boiler plate reply as everyone else did.

You don't have to provide a hyperlink to cite properly and their watermark would hold up in any decent court as proper attribution. Look at MLA, APA, etc. and see how little is given. Unless Bronco Nation is willing to admit that no reasonable person would know who they are based on their own watermark...

If computer code falls under copywrite law, then why couldn't the text of hyperlinks?

This is some pre-SLAPP B.S.

I need some spare time to make some GIFs... everybody get takedown notices for all the GIFs we've used that come from TV shows and other copyrighted works???? No? Exactly.
Who knows man, I hope something more specific comes out to know exactly what they are claiming is infringement. Was it pictures, articles, did someone take copy an article and claim it was theirs? IDK I think the Bronco community is better if they can agree on something and move on. To much hating going on today to be fighting with another forum on something that we all love and have been dying to get. Just my 2cents.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems reasonable.
It's definitely reasonable.

1. I was unaware of articles being posted without giving credit. But that could just be because they never really wrote much I was interested in reading, so possible I missed a post over here.
2. I don't know of any pictures that had watermarks removed, I've seen plenty of pics with that included their watermark.

So with that said, and from the few posts I did see over there "after" this started, well the members mostly seem like little whiny bitches, so I could care even less now about BN.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correction: We have NEVER removed Bronco Nation's watermarks.

ALL of the threads they listed in their takedown notice had BN watermarked images/content.
Yeah, I bumped on that too.

I suspect they are thinking of times when something is shared that came from them, but is eventually replaced by an organic B6G source (without their watermark)...

....to which I'm on your side, but can see how someone over there might get confused.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE:

Jackson Dawson has just reached out to us to explain that the take down notice was sent by an "over-zealous legal representative" without their approval. They have proposed a reconciliatory approach moving forward, which we totally agree with.

Going forward, for any stories or content from Bronco Nation that is posted on Bronco6G, please also provide credit to them.

**For the record: Bronco6G has NEVER removed any Bronco Nation watermarks. All of the threads they listed in their takedown notice had BN watermarked content.
Ford Bronco NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update] 5685E9F0-7635-4F7F-9E3B-5E5D6E241DA7

Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not renewing.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

Ford Bronco NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update] source

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's definitely reasonable.

1. I was unaware of articles being posted without giving credit. But that could just be because they never really wrote much I was interested in reading, so possible I missed a post over here.
2. I don't know of any pictures that had watermarks removed, I've seen plenty of pics with that included their watermark.

So with that said, and from the few posts I did see over there "after" this started, well the members mostly seem like little whiny bitches, so I could care even less now about BN.
Yea I haven't seen one that the watermarks have been removed.. We all know it's from BN because whoever is in charge of putting the watermarks on suck at it.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model