Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m 38... and I lived BTTF... Wed’s were $1 rentals at Advanced Video and it was always the first stop after school.

At 40, the trilogy would have spanned ages 5- 10... so it would have absolutely been in the zeitgeist.

I guess my point is, the reason he didn’t get the Biff reference isn’t because he’s too young... it would have to be for another reason.

Maybe he’s just a square.

;)
And may Biff, Doc, and Matrteee live on!!
Sponsored

Stangmurder

Black Diamond
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2018 Challenger T/A, & Black Dimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is utter BS.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That seems to be per the site terms:

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

By submitting, displaying or posting content on the Site, you hereby grant us a nonexclusive global license to reproduce, publish, modify, and distribute the content submitted by you to the Site. You also grant the Site global nonexclusive adaptation and resale rights over any content and material submitted to the Site. These nonexclusive publishing license and resale/adaptation rights extend to any materials submitted "for publication" within the Site

BRONCO6G.COM TERMS OF SERVICE
Yeah, I've read it. Most forums have the same kind of thing.

But that's not how copyright works.

Telling me that you (the royal you, not YOU you :D ) own my images because I post them on the forum? Nah. Not really. You need permission, in writing, from the copyright owner to "own" any part of it. Even a license for use. And "Paint" ain't a copyright owner. Neither is my email address I signed up with. My real name is, and I haven't signed away any rights or license.

What happens if I yoink an image from a famous automotive photographer and post it and it doesn't have a watermark or credit to the original content creator...Then Bronco 6G slaps a watermark on it, and then exercises its "resale rights" on that image? Or uses it in a banner? They'll get their nuts in a sling from that photographer in a jiffy. Because they don't actually own the rights or license in ANY capacity. And they just used it for a business. That's a big liability.

The watermarking of other people's images is especially heinous.

Food for thought...If you cover up, alter, or remove with intent a photographer's watermark, then use that image without written relase/license from the copyright owner...You can be liable for over $20,000 PER INSTANCE. And that goes straight to the photographer's pocket.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jesus, I leave the forums for three days and come back to this.....dear lord

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s their own damn fault. What did they honestly think was going to happen when they charge people money to use their website when people can come here and use this one for free instead? It’s not rocket science as to why BN is failing miserably. Well, maybe to Ford it is.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is spending our money to bring new vehicles to market. You're spending your customers money or whoever is paying your salary.

Ohhhhh, this is all getting so deep.
Keynesian MULTIPLER TIME

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

Jackson Dawson has just reached out to us to explain that the take down notice was sent by an "over-zealous legal representative" without their approval. They have proposed a reconciliatory approach moving forward, which we totally agree with.

Going forward, for any stories or content from Bronco Nation that is posted on Bronco6G, please also provide credit to them.

[For the record: Bronco6G has NEVER removed any Bronco Nation watermarks. All of the threads listed in their takedown notice had BN watermarked content.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------f
[Snipped the old data]
I’m glad to see they have relented. When I explained this to hubs who has worked in marketing and CRM the last 20 years... he cackled. “Someone at Ford obviously had to step in to fix this and explain to the marketers that THEY were done if they didn’t fix it... fast.”

Always take the higher road when you can. I’m honestly still shocked they took this approach at all.

AvalonBeach71

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I've read it. Most forums have the same kind of thing.

But that's not how copyright works.

Telling me that you (the royal you, not YOU you :D ) own my images because I post them on the forum? Nah. Not really. You need permission, in writing, from the copyright owner to "own" any part of it. Even a license for use. And "Paint" ain't a copyright owner. Neither is my email address I signed up with. My real name is, and I haven't signed away any rights or license.

What happens if I yoink an image from a famous automotive photographer and post it and it doesn't have a watermark or credit to the original content creator...Then Bronco 6G slaps a watermark on it, and then exercises its "resale rights" on that image? Or uses it in a banner? They'll get their nuts in a sling from that photographer in a jiffy. Because they don't actually own the rights or license in ANY capacity. And they just used it for a business. That's a big liability.

The watermarking of other people's images is especially heinous.

Food for thought...If you cover up, alter, or remove with intent a photographer's watermark, then use that image without written relase/license from the copyright owner...You can be liable for over $20,000 PER INSTANCE. And that goes straight to the photographer's pocket.
Straight facts. R u an IP attorney? Well said

Sponsored

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They made a public apology (and took a shot) on their Instagram. It’s posted in this thread somewhere.

I don’t take these types of games between business interests personally.

It was fun watching it play out and I’m glad things are settled.

Rising tide and all...
I haven't seen their publuc apology on any of their social medias yet. Saw the comment the admin posted about them reaching out, but them reaching out without a posted apology is not good enough.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes... Possibly my favorite book series... Username is Grayman but my friends call me Cort:)

That’s great. Netflix is spending over $200,000,000 to make it a movie. Ryan Gosling is Cort, Chris Evans the main protagonist ... I work in the Stunt dept. it’s a good script with great directors. ?

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone watch Mad Men?

2289400D-95FF-48F1-9CF6-C06922AFE007.jpeg

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never signed up, never will.
To attempt to be fair to BN. If there was any apparent value to their existence then I would consider joining. Cant figure that out though. Seems just a pay to play 6G with less info. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.