Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
>25 miles in electric mode

okay but can you charge it with your engine or do you have to go back to gas mode
You can charge it with your engine or plug it in. Just depends on your driving needs.
So if you're going to just drive it in town for a week, you can plug it in and use the battery power only without using the engine at all, but you always have the engine as backup (and vice versa if you try to save gas or run out).
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can charge it with your engine or plug it in. Just depends on your driving needs.
So if you're going to just drive it in town for a week, you can plug it in and use the battery power only without using the engine at all, but you always have the engine as backup (and vice versa if you try to save gas or run out).
can you charge it parked with the engine?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The hybrid sounds like a good idea. But notorious Jeep reliability scares me. I have a friend whose livelihood is made solely on fixing Jeeps. It's literally the name of his business and he's got more work than he can handle.
My wife has a new Explorer, and it has had more repair issues than both of my JKUs combined.....I do not think the Jeep reliability should concern you any more than Ford reliability on the Bronco does.

They 4xe is very interesting to me. I have a short daily drive, and could easily live 95% of the time on pure electric. Going months without visting a gas station, and having the power of a the gas+electric engine on tap if I ever want it is appealing. I am interested to see what the price on it ends up being.

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can you charge it parked with the engine?
I suppose you could, but that would be defeating the purpose of having plug-in hybrid.
You can charge it as you drive or while plugged in.

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife has a new Explorer, and it has had more repair issues than both of my JKUs combined.....I do not think the Jeep reliability should concern you any more than Ford reliability on the Bronco does.

They 4xe is very interesting to me. I have a short daily drive, and could easily live 95% of the time on pure electric. Going months without visting a gas station, and having the power of a the gas+electric engine on tap if I ever want it is appealing. I am interested to see what the price on it ends up being.
Same here. I will be waiting to see what the price will end up being with all my options added and compare to Bronco price.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose you could, but that would be defeating the purpose of having plug-in hybrid.
You can charge it as you drive or while plugged in.
you cannot plug a car in , in the middle of the wilderness

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here. I will be waiting to see what the price will end up being with all my options added and compare to Bronco price.
If a loaded up Rubicon 4XE is in line price wise with a Badlands Lux, I will have some decisions to make.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At 12:40 ish - "And it will be available by the end of this year in North America." - #jealous

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love electric, so am glad to see this coming out. I'm sure Bronco is only a year or two behind especially with being able to take advantage of the F-150 development. IFS for me

This appears to be a series plug-in so the gas and electric can work together or separate but power goes through standard drive train and transfer case?

I think the real advantage of electric off road will be someday in the future when they get a full electric with a motor at each wheel that can be controlled independently. It will be like having smart lockers and trail turning on steroids.

It will need a range extender like the i3 until battery range increases significantly.. but some pretty cool capabilities coming in the future!

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Without the hybrid, the prices are comparable. So expect the 4XE to be more.
Well, in real world prices, a fully decked out Rubicon can be had for about $5k below MSRP, and the Badlands near me may be over MSRP....so the Rubicon might end up, with tax and all, $10k cheaper.

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love electric, so am glad to see this coming out. I'm sure Bronco is only a year or two behind especially with being able to take advantage of the F-150 development. IFS for me

This appears to be a series plug-in so the gas and electric can work together or separate but power goes through standard drive train and transfer case?

I think the real advantage of electric off road will be someday in the future when they get a full electric with a motor at each wheel that can be controlled independently. It will be like having smart lockers and trail turning on steroids.

It will need a range extender like the i3 until battery range increases significantly.. but some pretty cool capabilities coming in the future!
Yes, I think in about 5 years most SUVs and trucks will have electric options.
No doubt Ford is already in the early stages of design for an electric version or at the very least a hybrid-electric version of Bronco.

Having one that is fully electric will be awesome! Saves a ton on maintenance and fuel. No more oil and transmission fluid changes.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.