Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love electric, so am glad to see this coming out. I'm sure Bronco is only a year or two behind especially with being able to take advantage of the F-150 development. IFS for me

This appears to be a series plug-in so the gas and electric can work together or separate but power goes through standard drive train and transfer case?

I think the real advantage of electric off road will be someday in the future when they get a full electric with a motor at each wheel that can be controlled independently. It will be like having smart lockers and trail turning on steroids.

It will need a range extender like the i3 until battery range increases significantly.. but some pretty cool capabilities coming in the future!
You mean like the Rivian R1T?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think its great for Hybrids and E-Vehicles to start coming out. Put more pressure on everyone to build cleaner / "cleaner" vehicles. But I am sorry Jeep has no history of Hybrids / Plug in Hybrids like Ford does. Remember, Ford had Escape Hybrids in 2005 and were extremely reliable. They have be building reliable Hybrid / Plug In Hybrid Tech in C-Max, Fusion, Now Escapes / Explorers. I dunno if the Jeep will be as good (at least at first). Possibly. Id rather wait for the company with much better Hybrid experience to build a Hybrid Bronco then to rush into a Wrangler Hybrid. Anyways it is a moot point for me cause I want a manual transmission. Why am I rambling on then? :unsure:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, in real world prices, a fully decked out Rubicon can be had for about $5k below MSRP, and the Badlands near me may be over MSRP....so the Rubicon might end up, with tax and all, $10k cheaper.
I'm aware of the under-invoice pricing at some dealers for special orders on Jeeps. Can't really do that off the lot, though. I'm expecting around a $5000 premium for the hybrid.

Badlands over MSRP?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, it's only great for Jeep consumers. Us future Bronco owners have no say in this until a year from now.

Meh....im getting bitter.... leave me alone!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Max, can't help but wonder why you're here?

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Max, can't help but wonder why you're here?
I'm actually glad to know about the new Wranglers, probably wouldn't have if not for posts like these. No harm in being aware of other options before dropping $55k on a vehicle. Personally I think the electric Wrangler is fugly and if anything I'd like my Bronco louder lol

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least there won't be blue smoke out the tail pipe while it's on battery. :p

Freezing0K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV (I just like Broncos Ok?)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why are you posting this? It makes it seem like someone paid you to post this. It's not even the fact that you're talking about the 4xe but how you phrase it.

"The new Jeep Wrangler 4Xe - Hybrid Electric is now ready as an option. Just imagine 4wheeling, rock crawling, or camping out in total silence and saving the gas for on the road."

Am I crazy, or does that seem like something you would hear in an advert?

Sticking a battery in a Wrangler is the automotive equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig, yes it is a cool idea, but that doesn't fix the shitty SFA, poor reliability and the fact the the Bronco can have options the jeep cannot (12 inch screen, 2.7 V6, front and rear lockers on any trim, etc.)

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just sharing another option for those in four wheeling. You can try all you want and bad mouth Jeep however way you want, but Jeep has been around for a long long time and it has a huge after market and owner base.
Now that Bronco isn't available until mid summer (or later), this is another great option for many.
Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean everybody is going to wait for a Bronco to come out, so just sharing news

I'm still undecided about any next truck. I am not even sure about Bronco until I see it and drive it in person to decide.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.