Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question to those that have installed your OME suspension: what are you all doing with your trim packs? Keeping them, using them, throwing them out?

Looking for a solution to shim up the rear of my Bronco a bit as it now squats with my bike rack on the back, and these shim packs seem like they would do the trick.
Since putting the shims in the front requires disassembly of the strut and in the rear removal of the strut, I put all shims in beforehand on front and will put all in the rear. This will give me the tallest lift
Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got her lifted:

OME Heavy/Heavy Nitrochargers
2 shims in front
0 shims in rear
BFG KM3 37s

Ride is AMAZING!!!!

Followed Stage3Motorsports install video except did not drop swaybar. Just loosened, ratchet strap to something and slightly moved outta the way.

Word of warning/surprise, the rear lower shock bolt torque is 350ftlb.

When you reassemble OME struts using top hats from stock shocks (Hitachi or Bilstein), DO NOT forget to reuse the bump stops and boots.

IMG_7413.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7396.jpeg

IMG_7390.jpeg

IMG_3143.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

IMG_3074.jpeg

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got her lifted:

OME Heavy/Heavy Nitrochargers
2 shims in front
0 shims in rear
BFG KM3 37s

Ride is AMAZING!!!!

Followed Stage3Motorsports install video except did not drop swaybar. Just loosened, ratchet strap to something and slightly moved outta the way.

Word of warning/surprise, the rear lower shock bolt torque is 350ftlb.

When you reassemble OME struts using top hats from stock shocks (Hitachi or Bilstein), DO NOT forget to reuse the bump stops and boots.

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_3074

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco IMG_3074

Are you happy with those 4WP UCA? Had it offroad yet? Hear any odd squeaks/groans from the suspension?
OME is really high on my list as well as replacement UCA.
But there are sooooo many to choose from.
I like the Camburgs but man, the bill gets larger and larger the more you deep dive into this.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you happy with those 4WP UCA? Had it offroad yet? Hear any odd squeaks/groans from the suspension?
OME is really high on my list as well as replacement UCA.
But there are sooooo many to choose from.
I like the Camburgs but man, the bill gets larger and larger the more you deep dive into this.
Not off road yet. Only finished last night. Drive home was super smooth. I anguished for months about what UCA and in the end 4WP checked all my boxes. The billet ones are pretty but all the machined pockets will just store water. Needs drain holes.

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not off road yet. Only finished last night. Drive home was super smooth. I anguished for months about what UCA and in the end 4WP checked all my boxes. The billet ones are pretty but all the machined pockets will just store water. Needs drain holes.
You went heavy front and back right? Think you can live with it for awhile until you add weight to it? I’m looking to go with this set up but won’t be adding bumpers winch and stuff for awhile so hoping the set up is livable with for some time. The good news is it isn’t my DD…

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there an ETA for when these kits for the 2 door will be available? Thanks.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You went heavy front and back right? Think you can live with it for awhile until you add weight to it? I’m looking to go with this set up but won’t be adding bumpers winch and stuff for awhile so hoping the set up is livable with for some time. The good news is it isn’t my DD…
I’ve been driving around a bunch since adding Heavy lift and the ride quality is amazing. Absolutely NO regrets.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve been driving around a bunch since adding Heavy lift and the ride quality is amazing. Absolutely NO regrets.
Any real world updates @Inlinejohn? I was out this weekend on the shakedown trip with the family. I went across the local truck scale full loaded with gear, gas and family. 6,680 lbs!!! Do you recommend the Heavy setup?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any real world updates @Inlinejohn? I was out this weekend on the shakedown trip with the family. I went across the local truck scale full loaded with gear, gas and family. 6,680 lbs!!! Do you recommend the Heavy setup?
Most definitely Heavy. 6680 is very heavy. I haven’t weighed yet but estimated 5980 w/o people and misc gear. Just w all my add ons. Heavy is working perfectly so far

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most definitely Heavy. 6680 is very heavy. I haven’t weighed yet but estimated 5980 w/o people and misc gear. Just w all my add ons. Heavy is working perfectly so far
Update: just ordered the heavy kit for a Badlands 2.7L 4dr. I was told by OME or ARBUSA there is only one front spring offered for the 2.7L platform, it is a light spring. I ordered from 4WP they indicated that I will be receiving a medium front spring and a heavy rear. A bit confused but pulled the trigger regardless. The front spring part number is 3199 and the rear is 3206.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: just ordered the heavy kit for a Badlands 2.7L 4dr. I was told by OME or ARBUSA there is only one front spring offered for the 2.7L platform, it is a light spring. I ordered from 4WP they indicated that I will be receiving a medium front spring and a heavy rear. A bit confused but pulled the trigger regardless. The front spring part number is 3199 and the rear is 3206.
Did you order kit BRONHK3? I would not believe the only 1 spring (light) for the front.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you order kit BRONHK3? I would not believe the only 1 spring (light) for the front.
So 4WP ordered the individual parts from OME such that as cross referenced with the spring chart from the initial thread of this post I should be receiving a medium front spring and a heavy rear spring. It was recommended by 4WP that since I have the stock modular bumper and don't have a bumper and winch I should select the 3199 medium spring front and 3206 heavy spring rear. I was ok with that since I do a ton of washboard fire service roads and a super stiff front may be too much.

Both 4wp and I independently contacted OME and they told us that there is only one spring for the 2.7L. Wonder if we talked to the same person feeding bad info to customers.

Interesting findings….I unloaded from my last camp trip (still had the RTT and awning on top) filled up with fuel, then loaded just the rear of the bronco with heavy items for the landfill. Loaded the front axle weight was 3240 and total weight was 6080. Unloaded front axle weight was 3160 and total was 5840. So I was carrying 240 lbs over the rear axle and 80 lbs of that load was carried by the front axle.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So 4WP ordered the individual parts from OME such that as cross referenced with the spring chart from the initial thread of this post I should be receiving a medium front spring and a heavy rear spring. It was recommended by 4WP that since I have the stock modular bumper and don't have a bumper and winch I should select the 3199 medium spring front and 3206 heavy spring rear. I was ok with that since I do a ton of washboard fire service roads and a super stiff front may be too much.

Both 4wp and I independently contacted OME and they told us that there is only one spring for the 2.7L. Wonder if we talked to the same person feeding bad info to customers.

Interesting findings….I unloaded from my last camp trip (still had the RTT and awning on top) filled up with fuel, then loaded just the rear of the bronco with heavy items for the landfill. Loaded the front axle weight was 3240 and total weight was 6080. Unloaded front axle weight was 3160 and total was 5840. So I was carrying 240 lbs over the rear axle and 80 lbs of that load was carried by the front axle.
I probably would do medium on the front if not adding a bumper and winch. I’ll do my own investigation about front spring similarity

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any chance on a BP-51 kit with remote reservoirs?
Sponsored