Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree. I’m going to stop by pepboys this weekend and see if they have a press and willing to fit them for me. No way am I paying $$ to have a shop install if I can do it in my backyard.
That issue alone makes this a pain.. Not many shops around me look forward to DIY bring stuff in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ryan at ARB
Any word on the 2 door?
Looking for the heavy kit for 2.7
I have an FE, with mod bumper, winch plate, 12k winch, adding upgraded skids and cary about 200 lbs of gear in the back. I assume the heavy would be correct.
Will this level out as well?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anybody heard about OME BP-51 yet?

OP
OP
Ryan at ARB

Ryan at ARB

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check out this new video from @Stage3Motorsports where they cover the install of our Old Man Emu suspension!

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out this new video from @Stage3Motorsports where they cover the install of our Old Man Emu suspension!

Great video for promoting OME Bronco setup. Why would I wait for OME BP-51 for the Bronco? This setup on high option seems it would suffice for Overlanding and pulling a Overlanding trailer. I can see BP-51 is great for height adjustment "on the fly". Should I wait??

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ryan at ARB

Ryan at ARB

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video for promoting OME Bronco setup. Why would I wait for OME BP-51 for the Bronco? This setup on high option seems it would suffice for Overlanding and pulling a Overlanding trailer. I can see BP-51 is great for height adjustment "on the fly". Should I wait??
Great question!

The BP-51’s aren’t height adjustable. They can be adjusted for different loads which is ideal if you plan to add more weight down the road.

The rebound and compression can be adjusted on the fly. This gives you the ability to tune the shock for differenttrio requirements whether it be crawling, towing, overlanding, etc.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have not heard from ARB in a long time about OME BP-51 development for the Bronco. Any updates @Ryan at ARB ??

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How would this setup compare to the SAS package? I am trying decide whether I should purchase an Outer Banks with SAS or non-SAS and install this setup.

My goal is to have a comfortable ride and fit 35s. Mostly street/highway driving. Very little trail or off-roading

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would this setup compare to the SAS package? I am trying decide whether I should purchase an Outer Banks with SAS or non-SAS and install this setup.

My goal is to have a comfortable ride and fit 35s. Mostly street/highway driving. Very little trail or off-roading
For your use there would be no difference between OME or SAS. If you buy a non-SAS find someone selling their SAS takeoffs with no miles and buy that.
If you want brand new OME, you will still need SAS top hats

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For your use there would be no difference between OME or SAS. If you buy a non-SAS find someone selling their SAS takeoffs with no miles and buy that.
If you want brand new OME, you will still need SAS top hats
That is a great suggestion to purchase SAS takeoffs. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for the details.

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a great suggestion to purchase SAS takeoffs. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for the details.
Keep in mind I said "for your use". If you wanted bigger tires (37s), more lift and more offroad capable, I'd suggest OME over SAS. More lift is also necessary when your wheel offset is very positive (inward). Non-SAS wheels are all +55mm. To fit 35s you need at least +30mm offset and to properly fit 37s, 0mm offset is best.

Just a bunch of info while you do your research and make decisions. You can accomplish different offsets with spacers as well, but to go from +55mm offset to 0mm requires a 2.0" spacer which in my opinion too large.

Have Fun!!!!

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep in mind I said "for your use". If you wanted bigger tires (37s), more lift and more offroad capable, I'd suggest OME over SAS. More lift is also necessary when your wheel offset is very positive (inward). Non-SAS wheels are all +55mm. To fit 35s you need at least +30mm offset and to properly fit 37s, 0mm offset is best.

Just a bunch of info while you do your research and make decisions. You can accomplish different offsets with spacers as well, but to go from +55mm offset to 0mm requires a 2.0" spacer which in my opinion too large.

Have Fun!!!!
Great Feedback. I greatly appreciate it!

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just installed this kit (medium load, kit2, no rear sway bar) on our non-sasquatch Badlands, and wrapped 37" Falken Wildpeak M/Ts on some Relations Race Wheels (RR6s) with a -12mm offset. We installed two shims per corner in order to prepare for our front/rear steel bumpers, winch, lights, etc.

On-Road
First of all, the on-road experience is almost on par with the factory Bilsteins. The OMEs offer an incredibly smooth ride, and just as OME states, the compression, and rebound feel identical to the Bilsteins. There is, however, a noticeable increase in body roll and sway around corners at speed. An increase in nose dive is also noticeable, however, not as much as the body roll. With the 37" tires, the gearing is now completely off and it's VERY noticeable. The shift points are dramatically late and obnoxiously slow. The 4.46 gears need to be re-geared FOR SURE to something much lower; 5.13 or 5.38 - not sure which option I will go with yet. I am leaning on the 5.38s as I will likely push for a larger tire after these 37s.

Off-Road
I am still amazed at what the Bronco can do off-road, and this suspension takes it to a new level. The shock stroke (Front 7.68” and rear 10.276”) in addition to our 37s proves to provide a very capable rig in the rocks when travel is needed. I was able to traverse through 2-3' boulder fields without teetering once, and this was through sections where my belly skids were sliding over rocks, shock skids slamming down, and sliders connected a few times as well. I'll have some b-roll shots on IG (@trail_bronco) and a follow-up review post coming soon.

Until then, here is the installation guide for our setup:

https://trailbronco.com/2023/04/02/arb-ome-lift-kit-install-6th-gen-bronco/

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco ARB_Bronco_Lift_Kit_17

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco ARB_Bronco_Lift_Kit_18

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco ARB_Bronco_Lift_Kit_22

Ford Bronco NOW AVAILABLE: Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Suspension of 2021+ 4DR Ford Bronco ARB_Bronco_3_Inch_Lift_10

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just installed this kit (medium load, kit2, no rear sway bar) on our non-sasquatch Badlands, and wrapped 37" Falken Wildpeak M/Ts on some Relations Race Wheels (RR6s) with a -12mm offset. We installed two shims per corner in order to prepare for our front/rear steel bumpers, winch, lights, etc.

On-Road
First of all, the on-road experience is almost on par with the factory Bilsteins. The OMEs offer an incredibly smooth ride, and just as OME states, the compression, and rebound feel identical to the Bilsteins. There is, however, a noticeable increase in body roll and sway around corners at speed. An increase in nose dive is also noticeable, however, not as much as the body roll.

Off-Road
I am still amazed at what the Bronco can do off-road, and this suspension takes it to a new level. The shock stroke (Front 7.68” and rear 10.276”) in addition to our 37s proves to provide a very capable rig in the rocks when travel is needed. I was able to traverse through 2-3' boulder fields without teetering once, and this was through sections where my belly skids were sliding over rocks, shock skids slamming down, and sliders connected a few times as well. I'll have some b-roll shots on IG (@trail_bronco) and a follow-up review post coming soon.

Until then, here is the installation guide for our setup:

https://trailbronco.com/2023/04/02/arb-lift-kit-install-6th-gen-bronco-install/

ARB_Bronco_Lift_Kit_17.jpg

ARB_Bronco_Lift_Kit_18.jpg

ARB_Bronco_Lift_Kit_22.jpg

ARB_Bronco_3_Inch_Lift_10.jpg
Did you consider waiting for BP51 release? What kinda weight are you adding and do you think the spring rating you chose will suffice? How many shims did you use and what is new height from ground to highest point on roof?

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ryan at ARB if you use the 2 shims per corner on a SAS, does that give a 1” total lift?
Sponsored