Sponsored

NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS

KFreakin

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there!

There are small guide fins along the mirror cap that need to be precisely in line for the cap to clip in fully. Also, there's a rubber gasket at the base of the mirror arm that you need to keep an eye on as it can push on the end of the cap, making it bow out.
Messed around with this over 2 hours and had a local shop even look at it. Still not fitting. The problem seems to be the camera not fitting flush. And being partially blocked
Sponsored

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Messed around with this over 2 hours and had a local shop even look at it. Still not fitting. The problem seems to be the camera not fitting flush. And being partially blocked
If your camera is not fitting there may be some slag there for the de-molding of the part. You can use a countersink bit to clean away any slag that may inhibit the camera from seating fully. This should correct the issue you are referring to.

KFreakin

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your camera is not fitting there may be some slag there for the de-molding of the part. You can use a countersink bit to clean away any slag that may inhibit the camera from seating fully. This should correct the issue you are referring to.
Wouldn’t doing this cause a bigger hole and allow more moisture to enter the housing?

Regardless I don’t see any slag. Everything appears lined up but the camera hole. Might need to just replace the driver side housing.

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn’t doing this cause a bigger hole and allow more moisture to enter the housing?

Regardless I don’t see any slag. Everything appears lined up but the camera hole. Might need to just replace the driver side housing.
Can you PM me a photo of the opening please so we can have a look?

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you PM me a photo of the opening please so we can have a look?
why are so many people have fitment problems, is this a molding problem? Your video says 20 minute install and we’ve got ppl here spending 2 plus hours? There are 9 steps in your instructions that make this seem easy,
Now a bunch of caveats with gaskets and foam backings, asking customers to file parts to fit?

Can you please update us if there is a manufacturer molding issue? I have mine already and I am not about to take things apart until you confirm install process and cap molding is correct Or there needs
To be an updated revision. I also have cameras, puddle lights, etc….maybe you guys only tested your molding on setups that didn’t have these options? Back to the drawing board?

I am not looking for good enough fit comprise, it either fits properly or it doesn’t.

please update this thread or this is going back before an attempt to install.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
why are so many people have fitment problems, is this a molding problem? Your video says 20 minute install and we’ve got ppl here spending 2 plus hours? There are 9 steps in your instructions that make this seem easy,
Now a bunch of caveats with gaskets and foam backings, asking customers to file parts to fit?

Can you please update us if there is a manufacturer molding issue? I have mine already and I am not about to take things apart until you confirm install process and cap molding is correct Or there needs
To be an updated revision. I also have cameras, puddle lights, etc….maybe you guys only tested your molding on setups that didn’t have these options? Back to the drawing board?

I am not looking for good enough fit comprise, it either fits properly or it doesn’t.

please update this thread or this is going back before an attempt to install.
What we've seen is a small burr left over from demolding of the part on the LH unit. This can be removed easily with a step bit.

Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 1685982387520

Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 1685982397863

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What we've seen is a small burr left over from demolding of the part on the LH unit. This can be removed easily with a step bit.

Ford Bronco NOW AVALIABLE: ORACLE LIGHTING 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO LED OFF-ROAD SIDE MIRROR DITCH LIGHTS 1685982397863

I would not recommend purchasing this until the molds are corrected. On both mine the fitment is very poor at the top with larger that OEM gaps. The drivers side is not molded properly. It’s not a 20 minute install, and anyone installing it can get it on but its not going to fit properly without modification. This is very disappointing the QA on these is so poor. I will also share my experience with Oracle support over the phone or email is slow. Not what you would expect.

You spend hundreds of dollars on an item, and you expect it to fit. It does not.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Were these fitment/install issues ever addressed? I was considering getting these, but don't want to deal with these types of issues.

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Were these fitment/install issues ever addressed? I was considering getting these, but don't want to deal with these types of issues.
Yes, we made some adjustments to the shot on the latest production run to be sure there was not any slag on the camera opening which could cause difficulty with the camera.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, we made some adjustments to the shot on the latest production run to be sure there was not any slag on the camera opening which could cause difficulty with the camera.
Can anyone confirm these updates as I’m interested in these as well
Sponsored