Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me start by saying that since I reserved my Badlands on July 18th I have been hell bent certain I wanted the Carbonized Gray, no question. I figured it was not very exciting, but it was sure to be a safe choice. I have gone from vinyl to leather and back to vinyl. I have changed from MIC to MOD and back to MIC, but I haven't wavered on the color choice once in eight and half months, until yesterday.

Yesterday I went to the Northeast Ohio Event in Cleveland to see the four door Badlands in Area 51 and the FE in Cactus Gray. I know some of you won't believe me, but it was sunny in Cleveland yesterday and I have to say, I was really taken with the Cactus Gray. It looked great, and it looked more gray than minty as I initially felt it looked online. I had seen it on a Sport in person a few weeks earlier and didn't give it a second consideration. Yesterday was different. So today I dragged my wife to the event to get her opinion and to see if I had been hallucinating the day before. Today the weather was overcast in Cleveland, at least this morning it was and I liked the way the Cactus Gray looked even more. Conveniently, my dealer is right around the corner from where the event was being held so we drove over there to see a Sport in Carbonized Gray as I hadn't actually seen that color in person either, but by this point we were both heavily leaning towards the Cactus. When we got to the dealer they had a bunch of Sports on the lot and it was serendipitous that they had a Carbonized Gray right next to a Cactus Gray. The deal was sealed, I called the GM at the dealership as we drove off the lot and made the change to Cactus Gray. The Carbonized Gray was too safe for me, just too nondescript for my liking.

I know many of us on the Forum have had a similar experience after seeing them in person, I am really glad I had the chance to see them and sit in them, especially since the Badlands was very close to my same build. Another bonus of going was that I got to meet two of our fellow 6G Forum members which was cool.

Sorry for the ramble as I know it is the SSDD.

Have a great weekend!
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me start by saying that since I reserved my Badlands on July 18th I have been hell bent certain I wanted the Carbonized Gray, no question. I figured it was not very exciting, but it was sure to be a safe choice. I have gone from vinyl to leather and back to vinyl. I have changed from MIC to MOD and back to MIC, but I haven't wavered on the color choice once in eight and half months, until yesterday.

Yesterday I went to the Northeast Ohio Event in Cleveland to see the four door Badlands in Area 51 and the FE in Cactus Gray. I know some of you won't believe me, but it was sunny in Cleveland yesterday and I have to say, I was really taken with the Cactus Gray. It looked great, and it looked more gray than minty as I initially felt it looked online. I had seen it on a Sport in person a few weeks earlier and didn't give it a second consideration. Yesterday was different. So today I dragged my wife to the event to get her opinion and to see if I had been hallucinating the day before. Today the weather was overcast in Cleveland, at least this morning it was and I liked the way the Cactus Gray looked even more. Conveniently, my dealer is right around the corner from where the event was being held so we drove over there to see a Sport in Carbonized Gray as I hadn't actually seen that color in person either, but by this point we were both heavily leaning towards the Cactus. When we got to the dealer they had a bunch of Sports on the lot and it was serendipitous that they had a Carbonized Gray right next to a Cactus Gray. The deal was sealed, I called the GM at the dealership as we drove off the lot and made the change to Cactus Gray. The Carbonized Gray was too safe for me, just too nondescript for my liking.

I know many of us on the Forum have had a similar experience after seeing them in person, I am really glad I had the chance to see them and sit in them, especially since the Badlands was very close to my same build. Another bonus of going was that I got to meet two of our fellow 6G Forum members which was cool.

Sorry for the ramble as I know it is the SSDD.

Have a great weekend!
I used to like Area 51 in the pictures and was luke warm on Cactus Grey. I visited the dealer a couple times and saw Bronco Sports in A51 and CG and I definitely prefer Cactus Grey in person. A51 to me was blah. Cactus Grey is the way to go! That said, I ordered Base 2.7 Squatch in VB.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to like Area 51 in the pictures and was luke warm on Cactus Grey. I visited the dealer a couple times and saw Bronco Sports in A51 and CG and I definitely prefer Cactus Grey in person. A51 to me was blah. Cactus Grey is the way to go! That said, I ordered Base 2.7 Squatch in VB.
I had the same exact experience with A51 and Cactus Gray. I dragged my daughters with me to stalk the Sports in the Ford lot. (the wife was over the color decision LONG ago). We all agreed, A51 is nice, but we really liked Cactus. I think I was drawn to Area 51 for the name.

Good choice on the VB, too.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here. Base Velocity Blue 2.7 Ecoboost Sasquatch. VB is the best color IMO for the 2021.

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this, not sure how common knowledge this is.....

https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/2...ray-color-officially-changed-in-configurator/

Edit: I choose Carbonized because it was very conservative, but I can't see the cactus being call any besides conservative as well. I like the metal flake in the carbonized.
I had seen this article and it is spot on. That's why I felt so lucky to see it in the Sun as well as on an overcast day. I understand it looks different even yet inside a structure such as a parking garage, but I am not losing any sleep over that.

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this, not sure how common knowledge this is.....

https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/2...ray-color-officially-changed-in-configurator/

Edit: I choose Carbonized because it was very conservative, but I can't see the cactus being call any besides conservative as well. I like the metal flake in the carbonized.
Make no mistake Leonard, I am not speaking ill of Carbonized Gray now just because I changed. I just had an epiphany for personal situation and felt I would share ( not that anyone was asking for me to ;) )

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool. 4Dr or 2 Dr? Mine is 4Dr w/MIC TOP and Aux Switches
2 Door, VB, 2.7, Auto, MIC top ,Auxiliary switches, All weather floor mats.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus gray all day...everyday 😜

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to see you came to your senses and swapped from CG to CG. Everybody knows CG is so much better than CG.

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was also interesting to hear my dealer tell me that of his 43 orders, color choices were all over the board. It surprised me a little, but my only litmus is the Forum poll taken quite a while ago. If I recall, the top three were A51 (by a large margin) then Cactus then Carbonized and then evened out. So to hear there was a mix here at least near me was cool.