Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t intend this thread to be annoying for those who are in production purgatory. But for those lucky enough to be in shipping phase, I thought it would be cool to have one thread with all of the convoy and rail tracking options.

I’ve seen a couple including JC and Cassens for convoy but it appears they include all VIN as pending even if it’s rail.

I’ve also seen options that require dealer code which for some reasons dealers are hesitant to give out? Im
South Bay Ford in CA and can’t find it for the life of me.

Anyways any help is appreciated
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look on the bottom left corner of your window sticker. There’s a box labeled “dealer code”. If it’s missing from your window sticker go ford’s online sales site, pick your dealer and look at a window sticker of an in stock vehicle.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t intend this thread to be annoying for those who are in production purgatory. But for those lucky enough to be in shipping phase, I thought it would be cool to have one thread with all of the convoy and rail tracking options.

I’ve seen a couple including JC and Cassens for convoy but it appears they include all VIN as pending even if it’s rail.

I’ve also seen options that require dealer code which for some reasons dealers are hesitant to give out? Im

Mine was rail to UT. First, track with CSX until it hits St Louis or Chicago, then can track via Union Pacific. Not sure if any of the big convoy players are likely to do just the rail yard to dealership transfer in LA, but no idea there

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Look on the bottom left corner of your window sticker. There’s a box labeled “dealer code”. If it’s missing from your window sticker go ford’s online sales site, pick your dealer and look at a window sticker of an in stock vehicle.
I don’t see any such box on my window sticker or on one from their stock online

Reactions: R11
OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great idea - I did actually find the dealer code on another vehicle's window sticker on their website - thank you! I guess it is the number but excluding the non-numeric character in middle - in this case. 71A018 - so 71018 . Just need to find the rail companies to try and track if anyone has ideas. @WhiteMamba I had to check 4 or 5 until I found one with it FYI.

Ford Bronco Now that I’m built - Logistics Tracking Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.12.16 PM

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

which options require the dealer code?

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was rail to UT. First, track with CSX until it hits St Louis or Chicago, then can track via Union Pacific. Not sure if any of the big convoy players are likely to do just the rail yard to dealership transfer in LA, but no idea there
Tried to track on CSX and Union Pacific but don't see anything like Jack Cooper's VIn tracking and didn't see any backdoors using google. Great idea tho!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Tried to track on CSX and Union Pacific but don't see anything like Jack Cooper's VIn tracking and didn't see any backdoors using google. Great idea tho!
Ah yeah, you have to get the rail car number from the vehicle visibility report. The dealership or the Ford marketing customer service line can view the vehicle visibility report. Then, you can only track by phone: https://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/how-to-track-your-truck-by-rail-car-see-inside.13007/

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which options require the dealer code?
Cassens requires VIN and Dealer code - but its convoy and I'm rail so it didn't show anything. Jack Cooper does show as pending but from what I've gathered from a few threads on B6G every vin number shows up as pending.

Tom Ryan

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah yeah, you have to get the rail car number from the vehicle visibility report. The dealership or the Ford marketing customer service line can view the vehicle visibility report. Then, you can only track by phone: https://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/how-to-track-your-truck-by-rail-car-see-inside.13007/
i got my rail car number (Railcar TTGX 853799) but I have not had luck with this. Calling CSX number listed since my dealer is in PA.

Any thoughts? Maybe I’m just doing something wrong but I get a “i’m having computer trouble” message after inputting the tracking letters, then numbers.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i got my rail car number (Railcar TTGX 853799) but I have not had luck with this. Calling CSX number listed since my dealer is in PA.

Any thoughts? Maybe I’m just doing something wrong but I get a “i’m having computer trouble” message after inputting the tracking letters, then numbers.
Are you doing both by voice? I could never get it to work by keypad. And the voice recognition is terrible

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you doing both by voice? I could never get it to work by keypad. And the voice recognition is terrible
took me three tries the first time by voice for it to correctly repeat the letters back to me 😂. Tried keying the letters as well. Same result regardless of input…

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

found a similar post from a Mach-E forum and it worked. Best to dial the whole thing. Car departed an Ohio stop an hour ago. Can’t quite make out the name robot-lady is saying 😂.

“So - I just tried calling Norfolk Southern via 800-635-5768, and I'm happy to report it works!

Pressed 2 for Intermodal. Then 2 for tracing.

Asked for "equipment ID", I entered my Mach-E's railcar info. It asks for the letters first, so I just used T9 on the keypad to enter, then # (only press the number once, so if X, press 9 once). Then it asks for numerical portion of railcair number, so just enter and press #. It then gave me the most recent update on the railcar, which matches my most recent Vehicle Visibility report!!

All automated, no need to talk to a human!”
From: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...k-a-rail-car-norfolk-southern.3001/post-98380

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
found a similar post from a Mach-E forum and it worked. Best to dial the whole thing. Car departed an Ohio stop an hour ago. Can’t quite make out the name robot-lady is saying 😂.

“So - I just tried calling Norfolk Southern via 800-635-5768, and I'm happy to report it works!

Pressed 2 for Intermodal. Then 2 for tracing.

Asked for "equipment ID", I entered my Mach-E's railcar info. It asks for the letters first, so I just used T9 on the keypad to enter, then # (only press the number once, so if X, press 9 once). Then it asks for numerical portion of railcair number, so just enter and press #. It then gave me the most recent update on the railcar, which matches my most recent Vehicle Visibility report!!

All automated, no need to talk to a human!”
From: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...k-a-rail-car-norfolk-southern.3001/post-98380
Mine went thru Walbridge, OH and Willard, OH. Maybe one of those?
Sponsored

Reactions: R11