Sponsored

Now that i upgraded my stereo system which is Best steaming music app?

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which steaming service has the best audio sound output in your car stereo system? Apple Music , Spotify, tidal? What’s your recommendations?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally use Apple Music... but only because it comes with the Apple One subscription, which includes Apple TV+ and iCloud+. If we are talking strictly music, I think Spotify is the better service.

I'll be honest though, 95%+ of the time I listen to SiriusXM. Both of the "radio" functions on Spotify and Apple Music suck, and I have zero desire to manage my music library, create playlists, etc. This is especially true since I don't "own" any of the music with these services, I'm effectively just renting it from Apple/Spotify, and the moment I stop paying for the subscription my access it's gone.

With SiriusXM I don't have to manage any music library, they play new music automatically as it comes out, it helps me become aware of tours/concerts, and perhaps most importantly... it works out in the middle of no-where without cell service. I suspect I'm in the minority with that opinion though. Guessing most people like to pick and choose the music they listen to.

OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I subscribe to Spotify and the file quality is better compared to their free offering.
I would subscribe to the premium packages to avoid commercials so that’s not a factor. I’m just curious to which offers better sound quality overall

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would subscribe to the premium packages to avoid commercials so that’s not a factor. I’m just curious to which offers better sound quality overall
It just depends on the quality in which the music is recorded. I’ve compared both services with the same albums, both are the same. If you really want to control your sound quality probably an in dash eq is the way to go. Some companies offer Bluetooth access for their DSP but that’s sometimes a hassle. Honestly the radio or sirusxm will be the best avenue just from my experience since audio files aren’t compressed which reduces audio quality. In the past I’ve ran an audio control dsp with a Bluetooth dongle and direct connect my phone to the dsp instead of using car play as well. Lots of options out there, I’d say get in touch with a reputable car audio installer to help you out. Avoid box store installers..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It just depends on the quality in which the music is recorded. I’ve compared both services with the same albums, both are the same. If you really want to control your sound quality probably an in dash eq is the way to go. Some companies offer Bluetooth access for their DSP but that’s sometimes a hassle. Honestly the radio or sirusxm will be the best avenue just from my experience since audio files aren’t compressed which reduces audio quality. In the past I’ve ran an audio control dsp with a Bluetooth dongle and direct connect my phone to the dsp instead of using car play as well. Lots of options out there, I’d say get in touch with a reputable car audio installer to help you out. Avoid box store installers..
When i got my stereo installed the guy said music through an auxiliary plug is the best sound. But i want the ease of streaming for convenience.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the spotify family plan and I love it. $16/mo for 6 accounts "in your home" (they have to register their profile with your address through a special URL). But they don't really check, so I'm holding down a couple of my buddies and inlaws and they all love it too.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm deep in the Google ecosystem, so I use YouTube Music. This gets me free YouTube Premium included, so no ads, ever. You can set the audio quality to low or high, depending on your data plan.

JR

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When i got my stereo installed the guy said music through an auxiliary plug is the best sound. But i want the ease of streaming for convenience.
Highest quality sound is going to come with plugging a USB drive in with WAV format files.
Next will be either 3.5mm audio cable or tethered (USB Android Auto, not Wireless) with high bitrate streaming, such as Spotify Premium, but check the settings in the app to ensure it's set to high quality (320kbps).

I use Android Auto with a USB cable and Spotify Premium personally, and get great audio quality, even though the Bronco is a box.

Just some more info on streaming services and quality playback:
https://www.soundguys.com/amazon-music-hd-vs-spotify-premium-36684/

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bluetooth compression and any compression applied over USB-C will basically nullify any objective differences there might be between your streaming service of choice.

AUX and/or playing uncompressed files directly is -the- best quality input you can have. Although it’s inconvenient asf.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I use Pandora, only $9.99 A month without commercials. Free if you want commercials!

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call me crazy as I tend to be the odd ball with this pick but I cant go without youtube music. It comes bundled when you get youtube premium (formerly called youtube red). $9.99/month. You get premium youtube (no commercials and other perks), youtube music (you get access to every offical song/album on itunes or Spotify but the best part is you also get every single non-offical song. Like remixes and what not. You also get free downloads to your device for both songs and youtube vidoes) and you also get google play which is the offical google play store aka googles version of itunes. You also get other perks. It made the most sense to me. Have had it for over 6 years now and I cant do without it. I also use youtube all the time and not having commercials (ever) while also getting the best quality uploads (video and audio)…its a no brainer. You can do everything that you can with itunes/Spotify but also allot more. Its crazy because I have an iphone and I refuse to give up youtube premium. Just too dang good. You also get all the music videos if there available. Try it out. There is a free trial. The UI is great too.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bluetooth compression and any compression applied over USB-C will basically nullify any objective differences there might be between your streaming service of choice.
I mean, depends on the source and bandwidth of whichever device you're using. You're right that there could be compression, but I just want to clarify that the audio sources matter. (y)

Bluetooth 4.0 for example can do 25Mbps, which in terms of internet bandwidth is nothing, but purely audio, that's a TON of capacity, and no need for any compression. (which is why bluetooth headphones can still sound great)
Thunderbolt 4 over USB-C can do 40Gbps, but with smart phones and Sync 4, it's not going to hit that. They've probably just got a USB 2.0 spec port in there, so a max speed of 480Mbps. Still plenty for Android Auto or music without compression.

Anyway - my point is, sources and devices matter just as much, if not more, than the connection type :)
Sponsored