Sponsored

Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing?

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered before the 03/19 deadline but MY22 for me. Let Ford work out a few bugs before they build mine.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pretty sure they said that they will open up september order bank for january build moving forward.

only thing getting produced until then are fe or ones that are in the pipe waiting for a mic. odds are if you have no vin you wont get one until january at the earliest.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just waiting on a build date which I don't think will happen this year.
Doing the usual summer stuff here on the Delmarva peninsula,
Ford Bronco Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing? 2014-08-10 01.23.13
Ford Bronco Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing? 2014-09-28 23.31.15
Ford Bronco Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing? 2014-09-28 02.09.26
Ford Bronco Now that MIC 2.0 is a go, what are the VINless doing? 2020-09-06 02.03.52
car shows, beachin, and boatin.

Lugerdog

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a 7/14 res 1/21 order.2 Dr Basesquatch, 2.7, A/T. No VIN yet.... I havent 99'd it but curious if I let it ride or do I have to re-order with dealer since it will likely be MY22?

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a recent order for a WT, SAS, 2.7. Going to speak to the dealer today about switching to soft top or waiting for the order bank for MY22. Thinking of switching to BL, SAS, soft top. I like the interior better on the BL anyways, so I figure I will see if I can save some wait time by removing WT and MIC.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a 7/14 res 1/21 order.2 Dr Basesquatch, 2.7, A/T. No VIN yet.... I havent 99'd it but curious if I let it ride or do I have to re-order with dealer since it will likely be MY22?
Likely have to refresh the order once MY22 banks open up...

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you still hoping for a MY21? Ford is more than a month ahead of schedule on the new roof replacement plan...
Are non-FE's gonna get VIN's this year? 2 doors?
I've waited THIS long for my 2 door Badlands, I'm thinking about 99ing my order until MY22 order books open.
Standard Capable bumper is what I want now 💪
Great question, and as usual Ford has left us guessing.

Ford previewed 2dr hardtops last week and additional MIC-top VINs were expected to be issued (despite email notifications to the contrary). Ford cancelled them the next day and chose to issue VINs for limp tops instead, so nobody knows if it was a mistake or a sign that additional MIC top Broncos will receive MY21 VINs.

I think I would rather have a early MY22 than a late MY21, but I'm afraid that trying to 99 may result in other delays (bird in the hand). If the MY22 order guide drops on 9/13, then there are a few days left to decide. However, I won't be surprised if Ford waits until after assigning all MY21 VINs if there are favorable MY22 improvements (e.g. winch-friendly lux package).

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see Ford going back on what they said the fate was for 2-Doors. I'll honestly be halfway pissed if they schedule my build for MY21 after telling us all 2-door order holders to go and get fucked until 2022.
im with you as well..

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you still hoping for a MY21? Ford is more than a month ahead of schedule on the new roof replacement plan...
I've waited THIS long for my 2 door Badlands, I'm thinking about 99ing my order until MY22 order books open.
I'm a MY22 for sure, March order, 2-Door MIC, 2.7 so I'm buying accessories I want. My wife can't understand why I'm putting different tires and rims on a brand new vehicle!

Sponsored

JimiRads

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got one of those emails stating that I would be moved to model year 22. So I am just waiting on when I can go into the dealer and "re-order" my Bronco. Still upset that I won't have the option to get Antimater Blue, but I am ok having that first world problem.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see Ford going back on what they said the fate was for 2-Doors. I'll honestly be halfway pissed if they schedule my build for MY21 after telling us all 2-door order holders to go and get fucked until 2022.
I don't disagree. However, it would probably be even worse if they decide to build dealer stock hard tops in MY21 with the "surplus" tops.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I did not have a VIN or a build date. I got an email yesterday saying that my Outer Banks Rapid Red with MIC top was scheduled for 11/15. My dealer had communicated with me prior that I was for sure a MY22. When I sent him the email he was shocked. I do think things are shifting. Im grateful for the surprise and am only posting to offer some hope.

Bronco order.jpg

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aug 3, 2020 reservation - 4dr 2.7 BL, Squatch, MIC, tow. Placed order in March, added free headliner and then changed from id to hi package after that....

Was hoping for a 2021 - gave up on that even before the hardtop announcement.

Now hoping for 2022 - If removing tow would get it sooner, I'm OK with that. I don't like the factory soft top, so I'm willing to wait for the MIC. Hopefully I'll see it within the next year.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Letting my current order ride with MIC 4 door, if it gets scheduled as a MY21 which Ford said not happening so be it, but I doubt it makes a MY21 build by the line cutover by thanksgiving, shooting for a January green MY22 Bronco 😎
YES - this is exactly how I feel. And I might switch to a two-door if a soft top standard option is available
Sponsored