Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious what people think is lurking under the concealment? is it just wider fender flares over wider wheels? or is there some body work that flares the actual fenders like the Raptor (coke bottle shape)
love to see some renderings of what people think, or has that been posted elsewhere?
I've been on record multiple times saying I think it'll just be wider flares. While perhaps not ideal looks-wise, it allows them to keep the same door skins. Fenders could be changed easily (a la Raptor), but with the way the rear door intersects the wheel well, that'd require a different door as well as the fender (F-150 doesn't have that problem being a truck).

If they don't put at least the 3.5 V6 in it and instead just add some BS electric boost to the 2.7, the Warthog will be a big yawn in my opinion.
Well, prepare yourself to be disappointed. It seems likely to get the 3.0 with or without electrification.
Sponsored

anchor!

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. I'd rather have the better suspension, lift and tires. Don't need the extra engine though.
This will be a crawly Bronco - solid front axle (as opposed to IFS).

• Wow
Reactions: Dom

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The more and more these photos come out the more and more disappointed I'm becoming. I was hoping for fiberglassed fenders like the Raptor (Gen 1) vs just fender flares. Looking at the front of the Warty - it appears as though it's just that - flares that come straight off the fender vs actual wide fenders. :(

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm betting the DOT number is just an assigned number kept in rotation by Ford to use on prototype vehicles that travel out of Michigan on the interstates.
It is, but it's not typically applied to passenger car or light-duty truck prototypes, which this is.
I've only seen Ford apply DOT#s on prototypes when they're testing commercial trucks, usually class 5-6 and up.

Wondering if the use of the DOT number on a vehicle like Warthog means they had an encounter with an LEO or DOT enforcer who was quite particular about the "...for commercial purposes" section.

Ford Bronco Now Watch the Bronco Warthog Being Followed in Moab 1613692261435

Ford Bronco Now Watch the Bronco Warthog Being Followed in Moab 1613692010536

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like how the paperwork says they’re carrying trash. Are their drivers that bad of people?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been on record multiple times saying I think it'll just be wider flares. While perhaps not ideal looks-wise, it allows them to keep the same door skins. Fenders could be changed easily (a la Raptor), but with the way the rear door intersects the wheel well, that'd require a different door as well as the fender (F-150 doesn't have that problem being a truck).

Well, prepare yourself to be disappointed. It seems likely to get the 3.0 with or without electrification.
I'm with you on the whole door thing and agree that it's just going to be flares.

However...They changed the whole ass bedsides and front fenders for teh F150...Changing door skins may not be that big of a deal with the way they're putting the Bronco together. The fenders themselves are already modular. So I have hope.

A thought on the DOT stuff...Aren't DOT rules the reason the Raptor has to have the running lights? The width? Maybe this is similar/related.

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree with you that the body most likely will not change much. They could also do a multi piece flare that mounts to the body to give it a wider look and then have the standard flares be wider as well. That would at least make the wheel well flares not look like they are sticking out of no where like diving boards.

Ford Bronco Now Watch the Bronco Warthog Being Followed in Moab unnamed
Sponsored