First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if you go to a restaurant, get impatient after 5 minutes, and say you don’t want to wait for the food you ordered, just cancel it. And then when your walking out you see that your food is done but they are sending it to the next table that ordered but they modified it to how they wanted to eat it, you would make the point that it’s still your food and should still get first dibs on it?
Interesting logic.
Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly for the first time out of all these "dealer did X" posts I am on the side of the dealer with this one.

I felt just like you did many, many, times since I put in my reservation. I was 43 when I put my reservation, I turn 45 today. I honestly thought I may not see one until I was 46. In fact I was near my breaking point a few months ago when all of a sudden my build date popped up.

But why cancel, and get your deposit back? What's the absolute worst you just let it ride and go on about your life? You're down $100? But eventually a build date pops and then that $100 doesn't seem like a loss anymore.

I think this one is on you boss. But I mean hey if you're happy with something you didn't order (OBX vs Badlands) fight it out, and you may get it. But if I was the dealer I'd tack at least a little ADM on it for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly for the first time out of all these "dealer did X" posts I am on the side of the dealer with this one.

I felt just like you did many, many, times since I put in my reservation. I was 43 when I put my reservation, I turn 45 today. I honestly though I may not see one until I was 46. In fact I was near my breaking point a few months ago when all of a sudden my build date popped up.

But why cancel, and get your deposit back? What's the absolute worst you just let it ride and go on about your life? You're down $100? But eventually a build date pops and then that $100 doesn't seem like a loss anymore.

I think this one is on you boss. But I mean hey if you're happy with something you didn't order (OBX vs Badlands) fight it out, and you may get it. But if I was the dealer I'd tack at least a little ADM on it for you.
I agree with you that I made a mistake telling the dealer I didn't want it any longer. I could have waited until now when it's almost at the dealer and have told them. My dealer sells at MSRP and I've been their customer for a long time. I think keeping that good relationship with them is more important to me than forcing their hand to get the Bronco. I'm in my 70's though, so running out of time to enjoy a vehicle like the Bronco. There may not be a second chance. That is figuring into how I want to handle this. Actually, the Badlands looks better. I wanted black leather all along and couldn't seem to get it. This build has it as well as Lux, 2.7, Sasquatch, MIC.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if you go to a restaurant, get impatient after 5 minutes, and say you don’t want to wait for the food you ordered, just cancel it. And then when your walking out you see that your food is done but they are sending it to the next table that ordered but they modified it to how they wanted to eat it, you would make the point that it’s still your food and should still get first dibs on it?
Interesting logic.
Terrible comparison. It's been over 2 years now since I ordered and it finally got built. Dealer did put it in writing that if I changed my mind, it was still mine. I didn't ask them to make that promise. My mistake was being up front with them.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
So basically a case of a scum bag dealer, using someone's else's reservation to fraudulently fast track a Bronco. But in doing so, they lie to their consumer that they can get the Bronco back?
So the dealer gives him a chance to still purchase it even though he gave the deposit back. Customer doesn't contact the dealer for a year after that. What makes them a scum bag dealer?

How long is the dealer supposed to wait? Of course the dealer is going to line up another customer and change the order why wouldn't he? How is this fraudulent?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the dealer gives him a chance to still purchase it even though he gave the deposit back. Customer doesn't contact the dealer for a year after that. What makes them a scum bag dealer?

How long is the dealer supposed to wait? Of course the dealer is going to line up another customer and change the order why wouldn't he? How is this fraudulent?
I'm blaming myself and not the dealer. They've been very good to me over the years and that's why I may just walk away. The one thing that's annoying me on this is I think the salesman that told me no is lying. The new customer has some fame and probably more important to them than I am, so they are steering me away. I know that no dealer in their right mind is going to cancel a Bronco order. They simply do what my dealer has done and reconfigured for someone else. I suppose, most people that decide not to buy don't change their mind and test what the dealer told them they could do if they were to decide they still wanted to buy.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted black leather all along and couldn't seem to get it. This build has it as well as Lux, 2.7, Sasquatch, MIC.
Black leather, in Phoenix? Madness. Had black leather in a Mustang once, burnt myself repeatedly before I covered the leather with cloth.

Which dealer?

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you told them you don’t want it, then you don’t want it. They’re not going to cancel it, because it’s been so hard to land one. Have to keep those orders in, especially with the allocation wrenches thrown in. You may have a case by the technical wording, but if you hadn’t bailed you would be happily receiving that Bronco now.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, screw the dealer, give them hell to get the order back, I hate all dealerships that utilized this technique to keep an order and then find someone to sell it to later just so they didnt have to cancel the order. Make them sell it to you or go to Ford to complain until you get it back. If every dealer would have cancelled all their orders that people requested to cancel or not move forward with then majority of us might have had our Broncos by now.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I made the same mistake by cancelling a day 1 reservation - my only remedy was to put in a new order a year ago. Lucky for me I took delivery in February.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, screw the dealer, give them hell to get the order back, I hate all dealerships that utilized this technique to keep an order and then find someone to sell it to later just so they didnt have to cancel the order. Make them sell it to you or go to Ford to complain until you get it back. If every dealer would have cancelled all their orders that people requested to cancel or not move forward with then majority of us might have had our Broncos by now.
I feel like doing that mostly because it seems like they care more about the new customer than me. Even though I'm a long time customer, the new customer is someone with a lot of money and influence. When I was contacted by email, they copied in the GM and GSM, so it seems like someone thought it was a big deal. I also talked live and felt he wanted to go live so no email trail even though he said that wasn't the reason. I didn't ask for a reason.
I'm trying to buy something else, but haven't gotten any response in the past few days even though I emailed 3 times with questions. The GM and GSM were still copied onto the email. I'm wondering if his purpose was just to steer me away from the Bronco and not willing to help me further? Could be it's simply because of the holiday weekend and everyone is away. We'll see.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Terrible comparison. It's been over 2 years now since I ordered and it finally got built. Dealer did put it in writing that if I changed my mind, it was still mine. I didn't ask them to make that promise. My mistake was being up front with them.
Actually it’s a spot on comparison…. Cry all you want, you sound entitled even asking this question.
The guy who did everything right to get his bronco gets screwed out of it because you thought it was owed to you?

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually it’s a spot on comparison…. Cry all you want, you sound entitled even asking this question.
The guy who did everything right to get his bronco gets screwed out of it because you thought it was owed to you?
Not gonna argue. I just wanted opinions regardless if they agree with me or not.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh I can’t get those few momenta back it took me to read that.

OP you are out of luck. Why did you ever bother saying anything?

You said you didn’t want it waited for like 5 emails on status from Ford THEN decide you want it? You are surprised they didn’t accomadate you?

No one to blame but yourself. You want one order another.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ugh I can’t get those few momenta back it took me to read that.

OP you are out of luck. Why did you ever bother saying anything?

You said you didn’t want it waited for like 5 emails on status from Ford THEN decide you want it? You are surprised they didn’t accomadate you?

No one to blame but yourself. You want one order another.
The dealer did say "at any point I changed my mind".
Sponsored