First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just asking you what you mean when you said transferred for one are you saying you need to put down a another 100 bucks deposit when you transfer to a other dealership or what
When you transfer a reservation (can't transfer an order) you got your $100 back. Was up to the new dealer if they wanted a deposit or not. By the time Ford got their transfers set up, most dealerships didn't care about a deposit, they knew they could sell anything a customer backed out on.

I moved mine because my closest dealership comes off as extra sleazy. My new dealership said they didn't want a deposit, don't care, just happy to steal an order from the other guys.

I still want to know the dealership name. (OP is in Phoenix, and I generally know who are the sleazy ones and which are the better ones). But NO dealership is going to actually cancel an order. Not with Ford's pathetic name match requirement. The smallest dealership I talked to had 150 orders last March, that's 45 Broncos they can sell to someone else before they hit a penalty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you transfer a reservation (can't transfer an order) you got your $100 back. Was up to the new dealer if they wanted a deposit or not. By the time Ford got their transfers set up, most dealerships didn't care about a deposit, they knew they could sell anything a customer backed out on.

I moved mine because my closest dealership comes off as extra sleazy. My new dealership said they didn't want a deposit, don't care, just happy to steal an order from the other guys.

I still want to know the dealership name. (OP is in Phoenix, and I generally know who are the sleazy ones and which are the better ones). But NO dealership is going to actually cancel an order. Not with Ford's pathetic name match requirement. The smallest dealership I talked to had 150 orders last March, that's 45 Broncos they can sell to someone else before they hit a penalty.
Dealer is Sanderson. They've been very good to me over the years. That's why I hate to push this and cause problems.

SouthernSparty

First Edition
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is nothing to pursue with the dealer. If you notified them by email that you were cancelling and they refunded your money, it's all done. The dealer can then use the email cancellation for long wait time to ask for an exception so that your cancelled order won't count against their customer sales match percentage.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Suppose you ordered a Bronco back when the order banks opened. You were excited and couldn't wait for the day it would show up. Then, the delays and issues started happening and you soon realized it would be a long wait. You decide you can't wait indefinitely and decide to buy something else. You tell the dealer you changed your mind and dealer emails back.
"If at any point during the ordering/building process you decide you actually want your Bronco, contact me ASAP so I can attach your name back to it".
Fast forward more than a year later, you receive an email from Ford with a VIN and telling you your Bronco will be scheduled soon. The updates get more frequent and finally, a pic of it coming off the assembly line and the expected ETA at the dealer. After seeing the pic, you start wishing you could still buy it, especially with the difficulty of getting any vehicle built exactly the way you want.
You call Ford and tell them your story. Ford researches the situation and says dealer reconfigured the order from OBX to Badlands, but the order was never canceled and still in the original customers name. They said contact the dealer GSM and tell them you still want it. You call the dealer and they say sorry too late. When you said you didn't want it, we went to the next customer and reconfigured to what they want.
Would you walk away at this point realizing telling the dealer you didn't want it was a dumb thing to do just in case you changed your mind or would you call Ford again and tell them you did what they told you and dealer refuses to sell? This may get the dealer penalized at least for violating the 70% name match policy. You'd probably not want to go back to that dealer after causing them problems.
I’d bet a good bit of you did any bud that they would play the 10-15k adm game.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sanderson generally has a decent reputation. They sell a LOT of F-150s, so have a good allocation as well. Last I heard they had around 2000 Bronco orders. Only issue I ever had with them is their sales guys are kind of pushy, but... that's hardly unique.

For the out of state folks, Sanderson is a huge metro Phoenix dealership. They are not technically the largest delaer in town, but they have a huge fleet side, so they are the largest F-150 dealership in the entire SouthWest.

On the other hand, +/- one sale on name match is going to mean nothing to huge dealership like Sanderson.

You can call them on the phone, ask so speak with the sales manager, and tell him that Ford just e-mailed you that the bronco YOU reserved has been built/shipped and you wanted to reassure him that you were still interested. I.e. bypass your sales-drone and go to his boss.

But as others have said, if you told them you were no longer interested, I certainly understand why they would reconfigure the order for someone else.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Technically the vehicles are the dealer's and not the customer's until the papers are signed anyways ... but when it comes down to the paperwork, it's still tied to your name/reservation/order so you may still have some weight in getting your order back. Personally I think the dealer should have kept it as is and sold it on the lot as a stock unit vs tying it to a new customer order... I would do as mentioned above personally, and discuss with the general manager-bypassing the sales person and see about getting your order back. I don't think this situation is black & white.. and realistically I feel like you forfeited your "right" to it.. but I also think the dealer is being a lil scummy too having revamped it for a new customer.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were me, I would walk away and place an order. If I were honest with myself, I would love with the fact that I relinquished any claim to that reservation when I told the dealer that I no longer wanted it and was canceling. Even if the dealer were making a polite offer and trying to leave the door open for a short while, I would understand that the offer was no longer on the table when it became someone else's order. I would feel that to try and force the issue would be disingenuous and abusive of a well intentioned dealer. Assuming that the dealer would still allow me to order at MSRP, I would be placing an order for a '23 when the order banks open again with them. If it were me...

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Should have just waited and held onto it until delivery then decided.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can try to get it back brother. However, I'm afraid you're gonna have to suck it up too "just one of those things, lesson learned". Good luck.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming that the dealer would still allow me to order at MSRP, I would be placing an order for a '23 when the order banks open again with them. If it were me...
AZ allows cities to charge sales tax, so I'd actually recommend he pick a different dealership, as he would save a few to several hundred by picking a lower tax dealership.

He could save 1.1% if he went to Jones, or 1% if he went to Rodeo. It's not like Phoenix Metro is short on dealerships.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is nothing to pursue with the dealer. If you notified them by email that you were cancelling and they refunded your money, it's all done. The dealer can then use the email cancellation for long wait time to ask for an exception so that your cancelled order won't count against their customer sales match percentage.
This is directly from the email they sent back to me.

Lastly, you will still receive updates on your Bronco order via email. Please disregard these. The Bronco you spec'd out will still arrive here at Sanderson and we will most likely contact
the very next person on the list with a similar build. If at any point during the ordering/building process you decide you actually want your Bronco, contact me ASAP so I can attach your
name back to it. As of right now I am going to mark this an available unit.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sanderson generally has a decent reputation. They sell a LOT of F-150s, so have a good allocation as well. Last I heard they had around 2000 Bronco orders. Only issue I ever had with them is their sales guys are kind of pushy, but... that's hardly unique.

For the out of state folks, Sanderson is a huge metro Phoenix dealership. They are not technically the largest delaer in town, but they have a huge fleet side, so they are the largest F-150 dealership in the entire SouthWest.

On the other hand, +/- one sale on name match is going to mean nothing to huge dealership like Sanderson.

You can call them on the phone, ask so speak with the sales manager, and tell him that Ford just e-mailed you that the bronco YOU reserved has been built/shipped and you wanted to reassure him that you were still interested. I.e. bypass your sales-drone and go to his boss.

But as others have said, if you told them you were no longer interested, I certainly understand why they would reconfigure the order for someone else.
I talked through email with the new car manager and he had the GM and GSM copied on as well. I talked to the new car manager live also after that and he tried to steer me away from the Bronco.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should have just waited and held onto it until delivery then decided.
I guess that at the time, I didn't expect it would take over another year for the Bronco to show up and it would be long gone by the time I was interested in buying again. Lesson learned.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does that Aviator you have now have the but coolers in the seats?

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does that Aviator you have now have the but coolers in the seats?
Yes, first and 2nd row. You can barely tell though. I used to have an 07 MKX and those got cool enough that I had to lower the setting at times.
Sponsored