rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you transfer a reservation (can't transfer an order) you got your $100 back. Was up to the new dealer if they wanted a deposit or not. By the time Ford got their transfers set up, most dealerships didn't care about a deposit, they knew they could sell anything a customer backed out on.

I moved mine because my closest dealership comes off as extra sleazy. My new dealership said they didn't want a deposit, don't care, just happy to steal an order from the other guys.

I still want to know the dealership name. (OP is in Phoenix, and I generally know who are the sleazy ones and which are the better ones). But NO dealership is going to actually cancel an order. Not with Ford's pathetic name match requirement. The smallest dealership I talked to had 150 orders last March, that's 45 Broncos they can sell to someone else before they hit a penalty.
yes I know about getting your deposit back ,I moved mine from vegas to SD ,ca back in sept of 2020 I was trying to figure out if that one guy was trying to say if you need to give a new 100 deposit or not.I dont think OP dealership is a sleaze he canceled his order so they gave his spot to someone else and he did not want his spot back in line tell his spot came up , his lost .he might be able to get the spot of the guy who took his spot if he ask the dealership nice .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes I know about getting your deposit back ,I moved mine from vegas to SD ,ca back in sept of 2020 I was trying to figure out if that one guy was trying to say if you need to give a new 100 deposit or not.I dont think OP dealership is a sleaze he canceled his order so they gave his spot to someone else and he did not want his spot back in line tell his spot came up , his lost .he might be able to get the spot of the guy who took his spot if he ask the dealership nice .
My thinking is the dealer is worried more about the new customer than me. The new car manager actually told me who he is. He's someone well known and likely very well off and likely sends a lot of business their way. He loaded the Bronco up with just about every option there is for a sticker of over $62k.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say you are SOL. You told the dealer you no longer wanted it, you got your deposit back. Why do you think you should get it now?

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new guy has been waiting patiently for his order to arrive. Obviously he's invested more patience than you, since you probably forgot all about your order after you canceled. No matter how this saga ends, someone is getting their feelings hurt...

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You ask which path would we take? For me, this would not even be a question - I'm 70 as well. You gave up your order, took back your deposit, knowing the dealer would sell it to someone else. All of the other issues; who got the order, parsing emails and dealer language, dealer thresh-holds for selling an order to someone else, etc etc.. are all extraneous issues. You had plenty of opportunity to put your name back on the order in timely fashion, ---which was never necessary to cancel to begin with.

To me it's a matter of personal integrity. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thinking is the dealer is worried more about the new customer than me. The new car manager actually told me who he is. He's someone well known and likely very well off and likely sends a lot of business their way. He loaded the Bronco up with just about every option there is for a sticker of over $62k.
Ever dealer the same way .if you someone who buys lots of vehicles from them or you know the owner or someone there who can get you moved up in the line faster or if they think a walk ins more buildable over someone who put in a reservation in 2020 especially ones like mine that offer the X plan because they can make more money of walk ins.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ever dealer the same way .if you someone who buys lots of vehicles from them or you know the owner or someone there who can get you moved up in the line faster or if they think a walk ins more buildable over someone who put in a reservation in 2020 especially ones like mine that offer the X plan because they can make more money of walk ins.
I've bought 13 from them. I know the sales manager at the Lincoln store. He was my salesman at the Ford store before being promoted. He got me a real good deal on my Lincoln. I was over there about a month ago getting a couple of recalls taken care of and mentioned to him I may still want the Bronco. He didn't want to get involved with the Bronco situation. He said he had enough going on trying to run the Lincoln store and advised me to contact them on the Bronco.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've bought 13 from them. I know the sales manager at the Lincoln store. He was my salesman at the Ford store before being promoted. He got me a real good deal on my Lincoln. I was over there about a month ago getting a couple of recalls taken care of and mentioned to him I may still want the Bronco. He didn't want to get involved with the Bronco situation. He said he had enough going on trying to run the Lincoln store and advised me to contact them on the Bronco.
man , you buy lot of cars but its all frustrating, I am hoping jeep makes there own sas out of the 2 two wrangler sport I be all over that.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You ask which path would we take? For me, this would not even be a question - I'm 70 as well. You gave up your order, took back your deposit, knowing the dealer would sell it to someone else. All of the other issues; who got the order, parsing emails and dealer language, dealer thresh-holds for selling an order to someone else, etc etc.. are all extraneous issues. You had plenty of opportunity to put your name back on the order in timely fashion, ---which was never necessary to cancel to begin with.

To me it's a matter of personal integrity. Say what you mean, mean what you say.
My dealer has always been good to me, so I did the right thing and passed on the Bronco. I ordered an F-150 Tremor instead. They did a spec change on an existing "canceled" order and contacted the zone rep to try and get it built soon.
Now that it's over I'll tell the name of the Bronco customer. It's Bob Melvin the former baseball player and manager.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer has always been good to me, so I did the right thing and passed on the Bronco. I ordered an F-150 Tremor instead. They did a spec change on an existing "canceled" order and contacted the zone rep to try and get it built soon.
Now that it's over I'll tell the name of the Bronco customer. It's Bob Melvin the former baseball player and manager.
That sounds like a great solution Bronc-O - congrats on the new F-150 Tremor! A monster truck, and indeed, the right thing -- you don't want to fuck with MLB catchers! haha The Chihuahuas are the triple-A for the Padres - we just wish they'd leave the better players with us a little longer.

You might order a dream '23 Bronco, you never know, you might grow tired of the Tremor by then.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sounds like a great solution Bronc-O - congrats on the new F-150 Tremor! A monster truck, and indeed, the right thing -- you don't want to fuck with MLB catchers! haha The Chihuahuas are the triple-A for the Padres - we just wish they'd leave the better players with us a little longer.

You might order a dream '23 Bronco, you never know, you might grow tired of the Tremor by then.
This is what I gave up on.
Ford Bronco Now You Want It image (4)

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d walk away. If there was even 0.001% chance that the customer still wanted it, they should have just stayed in line and made the decision at delivery. $100+dealer deposit is but a minuscule price to pay to keep the option around if there was any chance they actually wanted it. Seems the customer was just short-sighted (or needed $1100 max badly, which can happen in rough financial times, I guess). Either way, that’s the decision they made when they communicated to the dealer that they definitely no longer wanted the ordered vehicle.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not yours until it is paid in full. You gave it up. You have no claim to the Bronco.

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not yours until it is paid in full. You gave it up. You have no claim to the Bronco.
That isn't what Ford told me. Anyway, it's over now and a moot point.
Sponsored