First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
jeez, what a click-baity title. Glad everyone's happy in the long run, I guess...

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP - Long story, but maybe a few relevant, unsolicited thoughts.

Since you are a multiple repeat customer... even though you have a new Tremor on order... and if you still want a Bronco, continue to work with your dealer... there's no reason you can't find yourself in Bob Melvin's shoes on a future declined order... especially since you seem flexible with what's an acceptable build for you. No point in ordering another one now that will be built a year(+) in the future.

Case in point, my Bronco was someone else's Day 2 order that the reservation holder could not secure financing for. It was the same color (A51) 2 door as my order but twice as expensive (loaded BL vs Base). My son and I both placed orders with that dealership right before the '22 order banks closed. Not a frequent customer... I had only purchased one new truck through this dealer 18 years ago.

When the orderer's financing first looked sketchy, my salesman gave me a heads up that it may become available. He sent me the window sticker, and was up front about a $5k ADM because it would transition to dealer stock. I considered this very reasonable, so I told him I was a buyer IF (and only IF) the orderer was absolutely unable to buy it. When he called me back, there was no hesitation as I raced to the dealer, knowing the sharks would hone in. They did... in force.

Not going to go into the dealer politics, but the GM ultimately decided which salesman's customer would get it. I was eager and persistant, and ultimately the fortunate buyer.

Here's the relevant part. Between my son and I we still have 3 Broncos on order (all 2 doors) - the two at this dealer - and my 'lost' original order for an early reservation at a dealer in another state. If all works out, my son will buy whichever gets built first.

I have told this dealer that I am keeping my original A51 2 door order in, but I am hoping the original orderer of my Bronco may be able to secure financing for a 2 door A51 Bronco half the price of their original order. The dealer gave them some suggestions to improve their chances in the future. I feel an obligation to 'pay it forward', if possible. Perhaps my willingness to do this mattered to the GM, perhaps not.

The last order will either go to family, a friend, or to dealer stock/ADM... but there is PLENTY of time to sort that out at my discretion. I will continue to hold the cards on each of these until each gets sorted out.

My point: other Broncos will become available through your regular dealer for all kinds of reasons. If you want a Bronco, maintain the relationship and be more patient than you were before. The dealer will have no problem moving "your" Tremor in Phoenix if you come across a Bronco. (My son sells high-end trucks there.)

Otherwise, enjoy your Tremor.

I don't regret paying a reasonable ADM from a good dealer to be in a Bronco this summer. I love it. I had high expectations for it - and it has even surpassed those.

Whatever you decide - Cheers!

OP
OP
Bronc-O

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP - Long story, but maybe a few relevant, unsolicited thoughts.

Since you are a multiple repeat customer... even though you have a new Tremor on order... and if you still want a Bronco, continue to work with your dealer... there's no reason you can't find yourself in Bob Melvin's shoes on a future declined order... especially since you seem flexible with what's an acceptable build for you. No point in ordering another one now that will be built a year(+) in the future.

Case in point, my Bronco was someone else's Day 2 order that the reservation holder could not secure financing for. It was the same color (A51) 2 door as my order but twice as expensive (loaded BL vs Base). My son and I both placed orders with that dealership right before the '22 order banks closed. Not a frequent customer... I had only purchased one new truck through this dealer 18 years ago.

When the orderer's financing first looked sketchy, my salesman gave me a heads up that it may become available. He sent me the window sticker, and was up front about a $5k ADM because it would transition to dealer stock. I considered this very reasonable, so I told him I was a buyer IF (and only IF) the orderer was absolutely unable to buy it. When he called me back, there was no hesitation as I raced to the dealer, knowing the sharks would hone in. They did... in force.

Not going to go into the dealer politics, but the GM ultimately decided which salesman's customer would get it. I was eager and persistant, and ultimately the fortunate buyer.

Here's the relevant part. Between my son and I we still have 3 Broncos on order (all 2 doors) - the two at this dealer - and my 'lost' original order for an early reservation at a dealer in another state. If all works out, my son will buy whichever gets built first.

I have told this dealer that I am keeping my original A51 2 door order in, but I am hoping the original orderer of my Bronco may be able to secure financing for a 2 door A51 Bronco half the price of their original order. The dealer gave them some suggestions to improve their chances in the future. I feel an obligation to 'pay it forward', if possible. Perhaps my willingness to do this mattered to the GM, perhaps not.

The last order will either go to family, a friend, or to dealer stock/ADM... but there is PLENTY of time to sort that out at my discretion. I will continue to hold the cards on each of these until each gets sorted out.

My point: other Broncos will become available through your regular dealer for all kinds of reasons. If you want a Bronco, maintain the relationship and be more patient than you were before. The dealer will have no problem moving "your" Tremor in Phoenix if you come across a Bronco. (My son sells high-end trucks there.)

Otherwise, enjoy your Tremor.

I don't regret paying a reasonable ADM from a good dealer to be in a Bronco this summer. I love it. I had high expectations for it - and it has even surpassed those.

Whatever you decide - Cheers!
In the end, I felt like my dealer was doing their best to make everyone happy, so I was OK. The Tremor was near the top of my list last year when I decided I couldn't wait any longer, but it wasn't out yet. Now, I'm getting a 2nd chance.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Suppose you ordered a Bronco back when the order banks opened. You were excited and couldn't wait for the day it would show up. Then, the delays and issues started happening and you soon realized it would be a long wait. You decide you can't wait indefinitely and decide to buy something else. You tell the dealer you changed your mind and dealer emails back.
"If at any point during the ordering/building process you decide you actually want your Bronco, contact me ASAP so I can attach your name back to it".
Fast forward more than a year later, you receive an email from Ford with a VIN and telling you your Bronco will be scheduled soon. The updates get more frequent and finally, a pic of it coming off the assembly line and the expected ETA at the dealer. After seeing the pic, you start wishing you could still buy it, especially with the difficulty of getting any vehicle built exactly the way you want.
You call Ford and tell them your story. Ford researches the situation and says dealer reconfigured the order from OBX to Badlands, but the order was never canceled and still in the original customers name. They said contact the dealer GSM and tell them you still want it. You call the dealer and they say sorry too late. When you said you didn't want it, we went to the next customer and reconfigured to what they want.
Would you walk away at this point realizing telling the dealer you didn't want it was a dumb thing to do just in case you changed your mind or would you call Ford again and tell them you did what they told you and dealer refuses to sell? This may get the dealer penalized at least for violating the 70% name match policy. You'd probably not want to go back to that dealer after causing them problems.
Not sure how to advise, other than it will be nice (some day) when all these "reservation but not a reservation" and other hijinks around buying are over. Getting one of these vehicles can be so ridiculous.
Sponsored