Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

exactly right, nobody was waiting for that call for delivery before they started making them for the public. Hell, I've ordered for two model years (so far) and I haven't been expecting a call saying it is ready yet. I might start thinking about wondering when that call might come in the year 2525, if man is still alive...if woman can survive...
I'm using the reservation date because it's possible to get 'most any other vehicle on Day #0. That is you can walk into a dealer and drive off the lot with your new car in less time than you can say "0% financing." So compared with the number of days I'd wait for a Jeep, which we initially considered and which would have taken 0 days, I've been waiting 526 days. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well , since we are just dreaming up numbers to make ourselves feel slighted or significant ... or something ..... I decided to use my join date

since that is close to when I learned of the then new Bronco to come. So my day count would actually be somewhat larger.
My clocked stopped on Oct 8th, 2021 when I took delivery.

2043 days
😁
😎

These 500 day wait claims annoy the fuck outta me.
Couldn't agree more. I waited 14 days for a steak dinner because I started counting from my reservation timestamp :LOL:

To me the 500+ day club seems like a competition to see who is the most aggrieved.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

in the year 2525, if man is still alive...if woman can survive...
Love the song reference. By then, Mars Rover Broncos?

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm using the reservation date because it's possible to get 'most any other vehicle on Day #0. That is you can walk into a dealer and drive off the lot with your new car in less time than you can say "0% financing." So compared with the number of days I'd wait for a Jeep, which we initially considered and which would have taken 0 days, I've been waiting 526 days. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
I shopped 4Runners before placing an order for my Bronco and was basically laughed off the phone at any dealership I called for a test drive. Nothing was on the lots and they were taking $500 deposits if I wanted to wait a few months for my vehicle to show.

Dealerships having inventory and running aggressive financing seems like 2019 to me. Unless it's that much different than where you live.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't the 2021 ordering open in January of '21? So technically you are putting in reservation date and not order date?
Yes, I just edited the OP to say reservation date. C.f my last post about getting any other new car on Day #0.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I shopped 4Runners before placing an order for my Bronco and was basically laughed off the phone at any dealership I called for a test drive. Nothing was on the lots and they were taking $500 deposits if I wanted to wait a few months for my vehicle to show.

Dealerships having inventory and running aggressive financing seems like 2019 to me. Unless it's that much different than where you live.
Might be a Joisey thing. Here in the CA Bay Area, competing dealers are eager to sell--status post test drives--Jeeps. Their attitude is, like, "We got to move these refrigerators, we got to move these color TVs"

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heck, I'm a slacker at 442 days. But with the new allocations formula, and me ordering at Granger it look like I may not get mine until 2024. That would be 1458 days on 01/01/2024. :)

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, here's our theme song. Fantastic cut from the Stones. And in 1966, I waited a week for the album, Aftermath. To a teenager, that's 500 days.

"I am waiting, I am waiting"

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tumblr_mckqmt8zQr1rejsa3o3_250.gif

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

68 long days, if you are going by my order date (build date Jan 3rd). Since reservation 525 days

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

45,273,600 seconds and climbing. Already prejoined the 600+ days club.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When Ford opened up the reservations, the word was that deliveries would begin in April 2021.

So if the intent is to show the disparity between expected and actual delivery, I don't think we should start counting from res date, but we also shouldn't start counting from when Broncos actually started being shipped -- which was late. Start the count at April.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Might be a Joisey thing. Here in the CA Bay Area, competing dealers are eager to sell--status post test drives--Jeeps. Their attitude is, like, "We got to move these refrigerators, we got to move these color TVs"
Ah OK I see where you're coming from then. Part of the way I rationalized my wait was the general lack of inventory here. If I was driving past full lots of Jeeps I may have been in a 4xe with a power top by now.
Sponsored