Badlands

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got an email from Rivian stating that an upcoming event in NYC is being put on hold. My guess is NYIAS was that event.

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK.

Bronco was coming before that, and hopefully it still is. Even if that means an online debut with limited audience. No one sent me an invitation anyway.
This post was also for the people that were hoping to see the Bronco and Bronco Sport in person, as well.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They officially announced it's delayed now. Just got this email.

Organizers Announce Rescheduling of
2020 New York International Auto Show​

As a result of the ongoing health concerns from the spread of the coronavirus in the region, the New York International Auto Show has been rescheduled to August 28 – September 6, 2020. Press days are August 26 & 27, 2020.

“We are taking this extraordinary step to help protect our attendees, exhibitors and all participants from the coronavirus,” said Mark Schienberg, president of the Greater New York Automobile Dealers Association, the organization that owns and operates the New York Auto Show.

“For 120 years, ‘the show must go on’ has been heavily embedded in our DNA, and while the decision to move the show dates didn’t come easy, our top priority remains with the health and well-being of all those involved in this historic event. We have already been in communication with many of our exhibitors and partners and are confident that the new dates for the 2020 Show will make for another successful event,” Schienberg added.

With more than $330 million in economic benefit attributed to the annual New York International Auto Show, this event has a huge impact on the local and state economies including the thousands of workers who build the Show each year as well as the hospitality and related services industries that depend on it. It also has a direct impact on the hundreds of thousands of consumers who attend the 10-day event and use the Auto Show to make decisions on their next vehicle purchase.

We are pleased with this new solution and would like to thank New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center for accommodating this change of date.

The Show will provide more details in the coming weeks.​

I was hoping to see it in person in NY or my hometown but looks unlikely. I bet Detroit show gets delayed too.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One has to wonder if automakers will still debut products at that show, or if they'll debut them online around the timeframe of the original show debut date.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have to wonder whether Ford will decide to delay the official reveal. Even an online live streamed event will have a live audience of invitees from the media and Ford employees... it's hard to imagine they will want to reveal it to an empty room with no applause. It's like how athletes dont want to play without fans.

Any large gathering seems like it's at risk of being canceled. There's also so much negativity and fear that they might delay it just to not have the reveal associated with it.

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They officially announced it's delayed now. Just got this email.

Organizers Announce Rescheduling of
2020 New York International Auto Show​

As a result of the ongoing health concerns from the spread of the coronavirus in the region, the New York International Auto Show has been rescheduled to August 28 – September 6, 2020. Press days are August 26 & 27, 2020.

“We are taking this extraordinary step to help protect our attendees, exhibitors and all participants from the coronavirus,” said Mark Schienberg, president of the Greater New York Automobile Dealers Association, the organization that owns and operates the New York Auto Show.

“For 120 years, ‘the show must go on’ has been heavily embedded in our DNA, and while the decision to move the show dates didn’t come easy, our top priority remains with the health and well-being of all those involved in this historic event. We have already been in communication with many of our exhibitors and partners and are confident that the new dates for the 2020 Show will make for another successful event,” Schienberg added.

With more than $330 million in economic benefit attributed to the annual New York International Auto Show, this event has a huge impact on the local and state economies including the thousands of workers who build the Show each year as well as the hospitality and related services industries that depend on it. It also has a direct impact on the hundreds of thousands of consumers who attend the 10-day event and use the Auto Show to make decisions on their next vehicle purchase.

We are pleased with this new solution and would like to thank New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center for accommodating this change of date.

The Show will provide more details in the coming weeks.​

I was hoping to see it in person in NY or my hometown but looks unlikely. I bet Detroit show gets delayed too.
Appreciate the update, was looking forward to seeing them up close as well.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One has to wonder if automakers will still debut products at that show, or if they'll debut them online around the timeframe of the original show debut date.
This isn't the first major auto show affected.

The Geneva auto show would indicate the date for a new model/update reveal is set and they will go forward with them anyway, even without a live audience. It just becomes framed differently by the cameras, which are recording it for the much, much larger audience who will view it online anyway.

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't the first major auto show affected.

The Geneva auto show would indicate the date for a new model/update reveal is set and they will go forward with them anyway, even without a live audience. It just becomes framed differently by the cameras, which are recording it for the much, much larger audience who will view it online anyway.
It’s Not, its the second and the First one to involve a Pair of Broncos that people could see in person.. seeing this is a Bronco forum, it seemed awfully relevant. Be interesting to see how it plays out. Good insight.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
too many unknowns...its like going into the back alley for a fight with....some number of people
I'm biased. I get sick once every 5 years. For those with immune system issues it's a real threat. But I don't see people with weakened immune systems attending auto shows

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And yet, most major airports see more people than this show would every single day. The whole thing is stupid
The media really had outdone themselves this time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.