Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 7/24/2021: Base 4dr, 2.7L; VIN: 1FMEE5BP4MLA67375Stock: MLA67375
to arrive at Honolulu Ford on or about 28 July 2021. I just called the dealer after seeing the Bronco listed on their website for new vehicles. Salesman said they have no information on it, not sure if it's for mannequin or ordered. He'll call or text me once he gets more information. Hopefully its available for test drives cause I know it's not my BL/2.7/MIC/HIGH lol

Any questions you guys want me to ask if I talk to them again?

Update 5/20/2021: Changed Order
Ford Bronco Oahu, Hawaii - Ordering Update 7/24/2021 Preview Order - E5D - 4 DOOR ADVANCED 4X4_Page_1

After a lot of nail biting and back and forth, I'm throwing the budget out da window and I am back to the Badlands 4dr A51, MIC, 2.7. I'm sticking with 33s but getting the optional rims (I plan to change the color of the beauty ring to Black or Yellow to match the badlands badge and interior). I also added the Lux package for the larger screen additional cameras and front sensors and the approach lighting. I would've gone Sas, but on Oahu parking is rough and so is the garage entrance to my work. I want the 33s which will give me a slightly more narrow vehicle. They will also be better since this is my daily driver and I am good with the gears as well. Honolulu Ford made a change to my order on the same day, now let's see if I actually get it in 21'. I'm a 7/24 reservation holder

*********************************************************************************************

Update 3/27/2021: Initial Order
4 Dr - Black Diamond - A51 - Mid - Sas - 2.7L - Auto (Tow, Liners, MIC)
B&P + $1900 markup

I was hoping for a better price but being that ever car on their lot is marked up between $5900 and $6900, I didn't feel too bad. I was initially gonna get a Badlands but my build came in about $5K cheaper so really couldn't justify going from $57K to $62K. I emailed on 26 March to add the headliner since it's now free and they added it right away and sent me the new order. All in all no complaints. Honolulu Ford was OK. Made an appointment and showed up on time and sat with salesman on time. Experience was neutral. Salesman was somewhat knowledgable. What did other HI people get?

********************************************************************************************

Initial Post: Reached out to Honolulu Ford today and they confirmed that they have roughly 300 reservations and only 50 allocations. They will be working with the earliest timestamps first beginning tomorrow 1/20/2021. They also gave no information about discounts except to say that Ford is not offering anything. They did not rule out any negotiating in house. I'm not expecting a MY21 because I am a late July reservation and I also want a 2.7L and Sasquatch package (2 off the dreaded late availability list).

If I get additional info I'll share, please do the same for those on Oahu or anywhere in Hawaii. Good luck.

EDIT 1/25/2021: Got a call this afternoon. Thomas asked when I would be available to come in and convert my order. I told him I am thinking about doing that next month. He was super cool and said don't worry you can do it any time but needs to be by March 15 so they can get the order in on time. Said they have about 55 allocations and well over 200 orders. So... their story is matching with Ford and with my earlier emails with them. He said I have a chance of being a MY21 since I have a July res, but he made no promises. He did confirm that the date of my order doesn't change my place in line by timestamp. So far Honolulu Ford keeps my business.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cutter Ford has ā€œnearly 200 Bronco reservations.ā€ I donā€™t know their allocation yet.

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cutter Ford has ā€œnearly 200 Bronco reservations.ā€ I donā€™t know their allocation yet.
I had a bad experience with the customer service at Cutter but that was 7 years ago... gonna try Honolulu but honestly they haven't been much better yet. I get the hint that they really don't need my business, and that makes me feel like a good deal will be hard to come by. Are you or anyone else getting the same vibes from other dealerships?

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had a bad experience with the customer service at Cutter but that was 7 years ago... gonna try Honolulu but honestly they haven't been much better yet. I get the hint that they really don't need my business, and that makes me feel like a good deal will be hard to come by. Are you or anyone else getting the same vibes from other dealerships?
Cutter gave me great service earlier in the year when I bought a used Focus for my son. And theyā€™ve been responsive concerning my Bronco reservation. Called me today to let me know about the number of reservations they have and how Ford let them know that they wonā€™t be able to convert all reservations in MY21. Thanks to 6g, Iā€™m more well informed than they are right now concerning order dates, build-start etc., but Iā€™m very pleased with their service so far.

RickyD

Badlands
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! 500 reservations between two of the three dealerships on island?! I had no idea there'd be that many. I knew I'd be a MY22 (which I'm happy about) but this might put me late MY22. I have no experience with any of the dealerships here so I just went with Cutter since it's the closest to me. I'm still open to the possibility of buying from a mainland dealership if it looks like no deals are to be had here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cutter gave me great service earlier in the year when I bought a used Focus for my son. And theyā€™ve been responsive concerning my Bronco reservation. Called me today to let me know about the number of reservations they have and how Ford let them know that they wonā€™t be able to convert all reservations in MY21. Thanks to 6g, Iā€™m more well informed than they are right now concerning order dates, build-start etc., but Iā€™m very pleased with their service so far.
Yeah this forum has a ton of info and if it does keep us better informed IMO too. I'll see how things go over the next month or so and if the service is good then I may switch to Cutter. I'd like the hear more from others from Hawaii, I was surprised there would be so many reservations!

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! 500 reservations between two of the three dealerships on island?! I had no idea there'd be that many. I knew I'd be a MY22 (which I'm happy about) but this might put me late MY22. I have no experience with any of the dealerships here so I just went with Cutter since it's the closest to me. I'm still open to the possibility of buying from a mainland dealership if it looks like no deals are to be had here.
Yeah I was blown away when the dealer said 300 res. I realized then that I am probably in MY22. But like you, I'm ok with that, just means more options and hopefully a new color or 2.

I was thinking of going mainland as well. Where would you go?

RickyD

Badlands
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I was blown away when the dealer said 300 res. I realized then that I am probably in MY22. But like you, I'm ok with that, just means more options and hopefully a new color or 2.

I was thinking of going mainland as well. Where would you go?
I was thinking about Granger since they seem to have a process together for out of state buyers and are willing to sell without the markup. I wouldn't mind incorporating a multi-state road trip after picking up the Bronco. I would just drive to Oakland and ship it via Pasha. I used them to ship my Jeep over in 2016. The big concern is what time of year I would actually take delivery. I have no desire to drive through snow and ice. I lived in Alaska for three and a half years so I'm over that. :)

I'm also concerned with getting the inspection once I get it back to HI. If I do go with the Sasquatch, the money suckers here would probably say it's modified and force me to get a recon inspection. Not that it's a huge deal, just frustrating.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody get a firm answer from a Hawaii dealer on price? Or ordered one?

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody get a firm answer from a Hawaii dealer on price? Or ordered one?
Nope! What dealer did you choose and have you spoken to that at all?

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope! What dealer did you choose and have you spoken to that at all?
Iā€™m at Honolulu Ford. I was told $6000 over MSRP last Friday. That may have had included some $2000 ā€œrequiredā€ paint rust protection package. This was not an actual negotiation, just me stopping by to ask what their plan on pricing was.

I have since found MSRP deals in Oregon and California to ship back, but will stay local if I can beat that. Being able to have a trip w/ a new Bronco could be a bonus 6+ months from now.

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m at Honolulu Ford. I was told $6000 over MSRP last Friday. That may have had included some $2000 ā€œrequiredā€ paint rust protection package. This was not an actual negotiation, just me stopping by to ask what their plan on pricing was.

I have since found MSRP deals in Oregon and California to ship back, but will stay local if I can beat that. Being able to have a trip w/ a new Bronco could be a bonus 6+ months from now.
NO WAY! Not a chance I am paying $6000 over MSRP. Some buyers on the mainland are getting invoice with now markups. If this is what they offer then I will go to another dealer on the island and ask them. If they agree to MSRP or less then i will choose them. If not I will get it from the mainland and ship it back even if it is same cost on island. I'm sick of HI dealers dragging us over the coals just because we live on an island. That is crazy they said that to you. When I spoke to them they only said no discounts offered by Ford. I'm expecting a Veteran's discount or something off of MSRP.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NO WAY! Not a chance I am paying $6000 over MSRP. Some buyers on the mainland are getting invoice with now markups. If this is what they offer then I will go to another dealer on the island and ask them. If they agree to MSRP or less then i will choose them. If not I will get it from the mainland and ship it back even if it is same cost on island. I'm sick of HI dealers dragging us over the coals just because we live on an island. That is crazy they said that to you. When I spoke to them they only said no discounts offered by Ford. I'm expecting a Veteran's discount or something off of MSRP.
Took me two quick emails to confirm the mainland dealer prices. Nothing like here. Just tell me whats what, so I donā€™t have to waste my time.

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took me two quick emails to confirm the mainland dealer prices. Nothing like here. Just tell me whats what, so I donā€™t have to waste my time.
Agree! My guess is they were just feeling you out, trying to set expectations early to soften the blow. Once we all demonstrate we are willing to walk away they'll change their tune or lose money and orders. My guess is that won't look to good if Ford sees that they lost a bunch of reservations for pice gouging

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is something else to help my Hawaii peeps out as they negotiate price. Itā€™s a new car buying brochure from the Dept of Commerce and Consumer Affairs with local office numbers on each island. One fee you may not want is VTR ā€œVehicle Theft Registration.ā€ My understanding is that it is basically etching the VIN # into your windshield and dealers will charge hundreds of bucks for it.

http://cca.hawaii.gov/rico/files/2013/07/Buying-a-New-Car-brochure.pdf
Sponsored