Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd Ford would select a VIP that was unbuildable unless they changed their order... And change to one that is limited to boot.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

please re-read the OP's first sentence

OP show us the email.
pictures or it didn't happen LOL :ROFLMAO:
It reads that he ordered dual tops but that would make it unbuildable.

My only guess is that the OP and dealer didn't realize this is the case and the dealer is trying to make a change to the order so it's buildable. Why the dealer suggested the MIC instead of the soft top is probably the same reason why the dealer thought the dual tops was buildable.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco OB Lux Order Info (UPDATED Bronco Delivered 9/16), Priority 2, Build Week 8/30 1621950187261

Enjoy that Bronco when it arrives.

I'm interested in a MIC top review from a real customer delivered early order

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It reads that he ordered dual tops but that would make it unbuildable.

My only guess is that the OP and dealer didn't realize this is the case and the dealer is trying to make a change to the order so it's buildable. Why the dealer suggested the MIC instead of the soft top is probably the same reason why the dealer thought the dual tops was buildable.
Good call…

If the OP is a priority build, they would be first in line for a MIC top anyway, so the commodity restraints on it wouldn’t be that big of a deal… so I too would advise the buyer to go with MIC top and grab a soft top later (if they eventually wanted both anyway).

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got to stop reading posts....this implies that MIC tops are plentiful, and soft tops are not. Exactly the opposite communication of the past few weeks. I'm betting that this is just a backward communication, otherwise I'll be looking forward to getting my build notice soon... (I'm hoping you are right, but wouldn't put anything but Monopoly money on that right now)
My take on it is this....it appears he originally ordered dual top option. He said in his post he ordered both soft and hard top. Dual top option is not available for this year. That's why dealer asked him to remove soft top. Since he's VIP he will get one of the few hard tops available which is why dealer told him to drop soft top instead of hard top.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take on it is this....it appears he originally ordered dual top option. He said in his post he ordered both soft and hard top. Dual top option is not available for this year. That's why dealer asked him to remove soft top. Since he's VIP he will get one of the few hard tops available which is why dealer told him to drop soft top instead of hard top.
That's my read too.
Not sure why people were so quick to jump on the 'soft top shortage?!' bandwagon. Definitely seems like he had Dual Tops on his build.

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got to stop reading posts....this implies that MIC tops are plentiful, and soft tops are not. Exactly the opposite communication of the past few weeks. I'm betting that this is just a backward communication, otherwise I'll be looking forward to getting my build notice soon... (I'm hoping you are right, but wouldn't put anything but Monopoly money on that right now)
Not really, this just confirms don't order both hard and soft tops. If you go soft top it isn't as simple as buying a hard top. Where going with hard top is as simple as buying a soft top.

Dual tops are "late availability" which by sounds of this, if correct, means dual tops will push you to MY22. Makes a lot of sense, why would Ford make dual tops an option until tops are plentiful? Sell two broncos or sell one with two tops? I bet either all soft top orders will be filled and/or Ford will have a warehouse of tops available before dual tops becomes an option. Estimate availability September 2046

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
one top per customer '21.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really, this just confirms don't order both hard and soft tops. If you go soft top it isn't as simple as buying a hard top. Where going with hard top is as simple as buying a soft top.

Dual tops are "late availability" which by sounds of this, if correct, means dual tops will push you to MY22. Makes a lot of sense, why would Ford make dual tops an option until tops are plentiful? Sell two broncos or sell one with two tops? I bet either all soft top orders will be filled and/or Ford will have a warehouse of tops available before dual tops becomes an option. Estimate availability September 2046
“Late Availability“ means available later half of MY21… Dual Tops are no longer “late availability” and have officially been pushed to MY22.

Reactions: abe

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulations on the VIP thingy. But, don't rub that in to much. It's like throwing salt on a wound around here. :)
Sponsored