Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are folks using as an OBD scanner / tool? Thinking I want to have something I can keep in the Bronco to check and clear codes if I get out in the boonies and have issues. Dedicated? Bluetooth linked to phone? Just wondering what works for folks and is cost effective.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a semi-generic plug in Bluetooth adapter that can live in the OBD port full time and the Torque app on both my phone and tablet. You still may have to purchase specific 6g software to interpret the codes but if so that's cheap.

I used it extensively in my LR3 which had air suspension issues and at one time faulty coils. The coil faults would put vehicle into a limp mode until I would clear the codes while driving. It did help figure out which coils to replace, once I found the correct firing order chart based on source of the V8 (mine was Jaguar, not Rover, FWIW)

Have not yet found an on toad need to use it in Bucky yet.

KennyCJR

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 King Ranch F150, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FORScan reads DTCs from all of the modules it can access, not just emissions related codes like most generic OBDII scanners. Buy a cheap windows tablet to keep in your Bronco. Gotta keep it charged, obviously.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also use a generic bluetooth OBDII adapter from Amazon (like less than $20) connected to a cheap Android tablet with the Torque app and it works fine for reading and clearing codes on multiple different cars.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FORScan reads DTCs from all of the modules it can access, not just emissions related codes like most generic OBDII scanners. Buy a cheap windows tablet to keep in your Bronco. Gotta keep it charged, obviously.
Where is the port located in the Bronco? I searched around under dash on the drivers side but couldn't find it. I wasn't about to start ripping plastic to search.
Sponsored